Downing Roofing

HomeStars  >  Roofing in Barrie  >  Downing Roofing

Reviews for Downing Roofing

DJ DEAN in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

I hired Tyler to do my entire roof. Tyler was very professional and super helpful in choosing my materials. He was easy to talk to about all aspects of the job from start to finish. He used quality singles and venting, and left virtually no sign of any left over materials after it was completed. I'm very happy with the excellent job this company did transforming my entire roof to like new status. Cant say enough good things about how honest and professional Tyler was the entire time on the job. Well done! Highly reccommend this company.

Amy from Innisfil
2 reviews Innisfil, ON

Tyler,
We sincerely appreciate your outstanding work on our roof. Thank you for all the extra hours you put in, for stepping up and helping my husband when he got in over his head. Your willingness to help us on such short notice, showed a high level of work ethic, commitment & dedication. The first day on the job, you stayed until midnight working under spotlights to ensure our roof was water tight for the expected rain coming the next day. We can not thank you enough for all of your help. We will highly recommend you to family & friends.
Doug & amy

Jim& Elisabeth Dirmeitis from Barrie
2 reviews Barrie, ON

Not real,impressed with the after service although the roof itself looks good. Still waiting after nearly 15 months for proper receipts, warranties and a compensation for the leaky roof around chimney that caused $380 damage to stove. Tyler means well but could use a good manager to keep him on track. His workers at the time were great though although no longer with him. Says a lot right there. Hope I don't have a problem down the road because the warranty will be worthless based on this.

dana from Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Workmanship and knowledge are both there, however customer service requires work. Tyler takes the time to go over everything with you patiently for the quote and we felt comfortable with his answers to our questions, that we did some research on beforehand. However, after that point, things seem to fall apart. Once we had finalized the contract, picked out a colour, we kind of skipped over the part in agreeing in the actual date. The crew showed up on a random day of their choosing, luckily someone was home. They left approx,7-8 packages of shingles on my front lawn with promises to pick them up in a couple days. That never happened and we had to move them ourselves off the lawn so the grass wouldn't die. It was weeks before they finally hauled them away. During installation, they broke our exhaust fan, which we were told we needed to buy. Waited a while for that to finally be installed. They did it one day when no one was home and didn't bother telling us. So we went on not using it for a number of days. Lastly, there were a couple of minor things that we had agreed they needed to come back and fix and pickup their lawn signs. It has been weeks and since, I've already paid them, I don't expect to see them again, as the last few times, their excuse for not coming was they "forgot". Hopefully, nothing goes wrong with the roof, as I seriously have doubts, I will be able to get someone to come by. Overall, not a great experience.