Apex Interlocking And Construction Ltd

Toronto ON M6G
Interlocking Stone
Apex Interlocking And Construction Ltd

Reviews for Apex Interlocking And Construction Ltd

Good price, lack of care and difficult communication post-job

I hesitated to write this review for almost a year, but after much thought decided it should be said. Firstly, communication at the start was friendly, personable, encouraging, and no number was ever the FINAL number (in a good way). He stressed that our satisfaction was important to him. Our job was front walkway/step interlocking work, and he offered a small retaining wall, and moving our front stones to the back for a mini patio too which was great (with a 1 year guarantee keep in mind).

After some phone calls/visits back and forth before the work, I said I wanted a contract/price in writing. He kept showing me on paper and I asked for a copy and he kept saying he would provide it later. He also said he needed "to come by and take measurements before the work", I said okay and we said that coming Saturday. On Saturday, his crew was on our front step with all their gear ready to do work. I had not signed on any paperwork and told them "I thought today was just measurements". They seemed confused and said "you don't want the work?", I said I do, but I didn't expect it that day. They called Rod and he asked what the problem was, I gave the benefit of the doubt and said I didn't know today was work day. The conversation felt a bit like a standoff.

We let them start the work. Let me state, the job looked good initially. Rod came by and explained what they would do and we agreed. We realized later, they will do the bare minimum on the "extra offers". They offered to take the dirt from the front and move it to the back yard and "spread it around" because it was "good dirt for grass/garden" so we agreed for them to put it in some dead spots of our yard. They literally just dumped piles of dirt in our yard, which contained stones, chunks of brick and rock, and gave it a tiny rake and spray with hose and walked away. It took us weeks/months to re-distribute.

After the job was done, we found cigarette butts everywhere. A lighter in our yard. They drew measurements in pencil on the steps of our porch. Coffee stains on the porch, just lack of care.

The retaining wall portion was along our driveway, and we found they took a big chunk out of it so there was a gap between the wall and driveway, and now water/dirt pools. We also found the polymeric sand in between the brick at the front/back was flimsy and cracking off within days. I called Rod, he came by and looked and said they would take care of it, and that they had jobs in the area and they like to bundle the work. They never came back and we saw them in the area at multiple homes. I continued to call him and he kept asking "what's wrong?" and I kept telling him. He kept saying "no problem, give me 10 days". Then after that it was "give me 10 days, I like to bundle work". After multiple calls I gave up.

I was torn because to start, they were friendly, courteous, gave us a decent quote (not the lowest, not the highest) and offered extra work. In the end, the work had blemishes and they refuse to come back and fix it. And their workers, as nice as they are, were somewhat careless.

Sohair
Sohair

Underpinning

Rod and his team at Apex general did an excellent job on our basement underpinning project. The workers were very professional. The work was excellent. The project was completed on schedule and on budget. Rod was very responsive and accommodating when changes were required to the project as a result of the discovery of unexpected conditions. Apex General is an excellent contractor, and we are happy to recommend them and I already did to my friends.

Knowledgable and honest

Rod and his team at apex general contracting were excellent to work with. Always provided honest feedback during the course of the project. Was very knowledgeable when it came to issues we needed to resolve. Very professional and consistent communication was key! And he delivered. Thank you Rod! I will be calling you when I need further work to be done.

Pierre in Toronto
Pierre in Toronto

Rebuilt flagstone patio, grade yard, replace concrete pad in two locations, built two French drains and lay new sod

Apex Interlocking & Construction provided us with professional service and superior workmanship. Rod and his team exceeded our expectations with quality and overall value. I would recommend this conscientious, skilled and efficient team to anyone wanting a job that is started and finished on time. The flagstone patio is beautiful, the overall regrading and sodding delivered our family with a finished backyard we can love again. Thank you!

robert in Toronto
robert in Toronto

Concrete and Paving

Rod and his crew did a fantastic job. On time. Very clean during and after completion. They were very easy to work with, understood my needs and had thoughtful ideas to help make the job even better. Thank you.

Clare in Toronto
Clare in Toronto

Backyard interlocking stone

The backyard looks great! We are so pleased with the results! Rod and the team were fast and efficient. They built a patio around our hot tub and fixed the existing flagstone. It’s gorgeous! Thank you so much!

Private User reviews Markham, ON

A good company that deserves its good reputation

A very hard working guy repaired our front stone porch and walkway, our side yard brick walkway and our back porch and did a great job. He was knowledgeable and efficient and wasted no time. We will definitely recommend Apex if our neighbours ask. Actually, one already did and the fellow just
moved down the street as soon as our job was finished. How efficient is that!

Hello!,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us — and we agree, we have a very hard working team! We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. Thank you for extending our services with your neighbours, we appreciate it! We look forward to working with you in the future!

Cliff from North York
Cliff from North York

High Quality Work For A Fair Price

Rod, Slava and their team delivered on what they promised. They did the quoted work for the driveway when scheduled and as promised. We are very happy with the finished result. There were additional construction needs that arose during the job which they did not charge extra for. We made the right choice selecting Apex Interlocking and Construction for our project.

Hi Cliff!,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a fantastic review! We're happy to hear that you loved doing business with us. Your satisfaction is our priority, and as affirmed by your review, we pride ourselves on our exceptional service. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

- Alison (Office Manager)

MARK in Newington
MARK in Newington

Interlocking front walk and side of hous walkway

Rod and his crew did amazing work! The front walkway and side of our hose were hideous at best and jungle-like at worst, until we engaged Apex Interlocking for a renovation. Now I can't stop going outside and admiring their work. We received dozens of likes on Facebook and many of our neighbours also admired the results. Plus, the team was efficient, hard-working, and very conscientious in their clean-up detail. Very highly recommended!

Hi Mark!

We are so thrilled you were happy with our work! We know how important outdoor spaces are to homeowners right now, and we are glad we could make your space enjoyable again! We appreciate your kind words and hope to stay in touch for any additional projects in the future!

- Alison Logan (Office Manager)

Steven in Toronto
Steven in Toronto

Quality work from quality people

Rod and his crew were working at a nearby house in the area, so I asked them to come take a look at our front patio. He gave me an honest quote and a time estimate for completion, both of which he stayed true to.

Our old patio area was really old, falling apart, and uncomfortable. Apex Interlocking completely revamped it with a modern stone look in only 3 days! We now basically have a new room in our house. Love it!

Hello Steven!,

We are so glad we ran into you while in the area! Patio season is crucial to us in Canada, so we are glad we got your patio together in time to enjoy our lovely summer! We are so happy you are pleased with our work, and we hope to stay in touch for any other jobs you may need in the future. Thanks!

- Alison Logan (Office Manager)

More about Apex Interlocking And Construction Ltd

LEADERS IN RESIDENTIAL INTERLOCKING 1. What kind of services do you provide? We provide many different services at Apex, such as; interlocking (new and repair), flagstone installation, natural stone installation and landscape design. 2. Do we need to stay home during the process? It is not necessary to remain at ...
Looking for Interlocking Stone pros in Toronto?