Interlocking Stone
Apex Interlocking And Construction Ltd

Reviews for Apex Interlocking And Construction Ltd

Home owner 1 in Toronto
Home owner 1 in Toronto

Driveway and backyard interlock repairs

I had lots of repairs on loose stones, ups and down interlocks both in front and back of the house. with an affordable price they fixed it properly and promised to support what they have done, in case of any issue happened in future.
Most important thing? they finished in the time frame they promised in the beginning.

Homeowner in GTA
Homeowner in GTA

Shoddy work - buyer beware!

We hired Apex a few years back to restore our interlocking driveway and replace our back patio. We were very disappointed with both the way they conducted themselves and the quality of the work. They arrived several days late to start the job, went overtime by about two weeks and attempted to cut corners at every opportunity. If something was discussed during the initial consultation but left out of the contract, they would feign ignorance if we brought it up and, if we pressed, attempted to charge extra for it - basic things like putting polymeric sand between the stones and landscaper's cloth underneath to prevent weeds from growing through.

In what was a typical display of carelessness, when they delivered the new stones for our patio, they dumped the entire load off their truck onto our driveway, breaking many of them in the process. No big deal, they said; they even attempted to use the broken stones for our patio before we intervened and demanded they be replaced.

When the job was done, the poor workmanship was apparent almost immediately. Weeds began to grow back all over our interlocking driveway within a couple of weeks, and a corner where the foundation had been reconstructed washed out after a heavy rainstorm. The gravel from the foundation eventually settled in gentle waves across our neighbour's walkway. Good thing we have nice neighbours.

They say they have a "1-year guarantee", but good luck trying to track them down once the job is done. They ignored my messages and screened my calls for months, before finally a seemingly contrite Rod showed up on a day in December and insisted he'd fix the collapsed corner of our driveway. He never did. And by the time we attempted to contact him the following spring, his phone numbers were no longer in service.

Six years later, the patio is beginning to show some weariness around the edges, but the driveway is a disaster, overrun by weeds between every stone. We will probably have to hire someone eventually to re-do the whole thing, and when the time comes, we will do our homework. We've learned our lesson.

I'm writing this now because I noticed that Apex is still advertising and working in our area. Spare yourselves the headache. Don't hire these guys. Find someone that a friend or family member recommends. Don't just go with the lowest estimate or the guy who drops a "handwritten" flyer in your mailbox.

sunflower in North York
sunflower in North York

No follow through and no accountability

We hired Apex to fix and re-lay all the interlock stones on our driveway, they quoted us a reasonable price in line with other companies. Job was done and we were told to contact them if there were any problems, there was a 1 year guarantee.
8 months afterwards many parts of the driveway started to sink, to the point where there was a huge bump getting into the garage and played a role in damaging car tires.
I called and called and called, left tons of messages, finally talked to a lady who said the contractor will come and look. Never did. I tried calling over the course of 3 months but no response, no call back at all.
i eventually hired another company and my driveway has been solid for 2+ years. DO NOT HIRE!

Drive way restoration

Rod's team did a good job at restoring my home's old drive way and backyard, helped to improve my home's appearance and they finished the job on the date they promised. Quick and efficient.

Philip P.
Philip P.

Relaying of Interlocking Brick and Stone Wall Repair

The interlocking brick in our forecourt and part of the driveway had sagged and sunk over the years. I called the company and that same day Rod came out to the house, gave a detailed description of what he would do and a very reasonable price. He said he would provide a written quote and not ask for money beforehand. On the appointed day his crew arrived and began to work; Rod arrived with the quote and checked that things were going well. His men were amazing, highly experienced, polite and attentive to detail and in 2 days had completed the job, having brought in screening gravel, sand and portland cement and levelled and compacted everything beautifully, paying attention to water run-off and transitions to adjoining driveways and steps.
For a small additional amount his worker repaired and reconfigured part of an adjoining retaining wall and filled some gaps in the stone with cement.
Before finishing they used a blower to clean everything off, powerwashed all the brick and stone steps and hosed off our cars.
Highly recommended.

Tom in Leaside
Tom in Leaside

Restoring uneven interlock driveway

Hired Apex to lift and reset interlock in my driveway which had become very uneven over the years. Apex did a excellent job, added extra material to level the base, vibrated to compact and relaid the stones. Power washed the stones and surround hardscaping then used polymer sand to fill seams and set the stones. They also cut back a sewer washout to the correct level. Friendly, efficient and a good job done.

Chris in Toronto
Chris in Toronto

Pavers, retaining wall, sod in backyard June 2018

Rod, the owner came by and gave a verbal quote for job in April 2018. He said when I agree, they would start the job. I said we would have to have a written agreement first before the work starts, and reiterated this over the phone. Despite this, Rod's team starting ripping up the grass in the backyard one day and only an hour or two later Rod came by and "started: filling out some paperwork. On paper there was less then agreed to verbally. Furthermore, the contract was very messy and disorganized. Rod said his team could leave if I don't agree, I think it was a trick.

In the end, as shown in the photos, the work (the parts that were competed) was mediocre, and would be worse if my wife hadn't hung over their shoulders. There was poor communication with Rod, and therefore, the workers, although not their fault, end up executing incorrectly. Rod is almost never on site when the work is being completed.

In the photos you see they left weeds and bushes in the garden since "Rod" said they didn't agree to take them out. You see newly planted grass, which is burnt, next to the pavers, because Rod left the sod out too long before planting it. In another photo you see a small ditch and a bunch of weeds and a bush, where Rod should have leveled the ground, planted some grass, and removed the bush.

Good luck calling Rod and getting him to come over, when you are there. In good faith, I paid the full amount, trusting he would fulfill his promise and finish the work.

If you want to avoid headaches, and overpaying for interlocking and landscaping, I suggest you stay away from Apex Interlocking. June 2018.

Lynda in Toronto
Lynda in Toronto

Interlock Walkway

Rod came the same day we called to get a estimate. He gave us different ideas as to how we could change our entrance step and walkway. Within a week we have all the details we needed and went ahead with the project. Rod's team arrived on time and completed the work as promised. The team were very pleasant and worked a long day to get the job completed on time. Rod visited very day to check on the progress and made sure we were involved. The job site was cleaned up and sod was laid where needed to give a finished look. I would highly recommend Rod and his team at Apex Interlocking.

Kimberly
Kimberly

Repairing Interlocking Brick Steps and Landing and Replaced Wood Frame

The landing outside our front door and the steps leading down to the driveway were in serious need of repair. The interlocking bricks on the landing had collapsed, leaving a dangerous hole that people could stumble over. In addition, our wooden frame was rotting away and was very unsightly. The wood was full of holes and jagged chips -- from both the weather over the years and a recent rat infestation. The rats actually ate through the old wood and dug tunnels under the bricks that caused them to collapse. I got 3 quotes from different suppliers and explored a variety of options to ensure our steps were both safe and attractive. Rod offered up the most inexpensive and best option and he and his men treated our home as if it was their own. He noticed several other areas that posed dangers in the driveway -- places that either caused drainage issues or sink holes that could damage the underframe of cars. He went ahead and fixed these areas -- but told me first. And he didn't ask for any more money, even though it was clear his people had to work a few more hours. I CHOSE to pay Rod an additional $300. He didn't ask for it. He is an honourable, trustworthy and good man who believes in doing what's right and not what's easy. I would recommend his company in a heartbeat. We feel so lucky to have stumbled across this great company.

william from toronto
william from toronto
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

repair steps, interlock

MY stone steps fallen apart after years salt and cold. I had consulted couple of contractors, and Rod provided the most cost effective solution by repairing the loosing stone, not rebuild whole seven steps. the dispatched contractor did wonderful job. He installed missing stones, refill concretes, re-level nature stone steps, and partial interlock stones. Wonderful job!

Thank you WILLIAM hopefully this winter won't be too harsh and you can enjoy your new steps

More about Apex Interlocking And Construction Ltd

LEADERS IN RESIDENTIAL INTERLOCKING 1. What kind of services do you provide? We provide many different services at Apex, such as; interlocking (new and repair), flagstone installation, natural stone installation and landscape design. 2. Do we need to stay home during the process? It is not necessary to remain at ...
Looking for Interlocking Stone pros in Toronto?