Ness Landscaping

Reviews for Ness Landscaping

Willie  in Toronto
Willie in Toronto

Patio

We had a patio laid by John and had no issue at all. He provided a far better base than anyone else we have ever had work for us and was open and honest about every part of the project.

We have had a lot of landscaping done and would not hesitate to have him do more work for us in the future.

patrol49 in
patrol49 in
1 review Newmarket, ON

John Ness landscaping

Wouldn't even recommend to my worst enemies.

Did the landscaping for my pool, if you can call it that.

While cutting the stone, he cut the line to the waterfall causing a leak. After dealing with the pool company he finally came back to fix. His solution was to wrap the cut in the line and not repair it. Shoddy work which will fail.

Built a retaining wall without burying any levels/stones. Just laid the stones on top of the gravel. After one season the wall started to fail with large gaps noticeable. Again went through the pool company. His response was that its not his fault. Pretty sure even some who doesn't claim to be a "professional" would know that a 3ft retaining wall built on top of gravel will not hold back a pool and 150 sq ft of decking.

Fought with him for three years to get it repaired. Always blames someone else and says "take me for my word, I will make it right."

He didn't put any edge support down on the flat level interlock and that is also starting to fail off at the edges.

Don't really know what to say about someone who blames everyone else, doesn't show up as expected, and doesn't seem to be able to lay stones or build a retaining wall. A joke of a "man."

Steve Garner in Newmarket
Steve Garner in Newmarket
2 reviews NEWMARKET, ON

Deck demolition, new interlock to replace existing old interlock, gate and fence, privacy fence around hot tub.

John Ness (Ness Landscaping) was recommended to me by my Pool service provider. He scoped the work and gave me an email quote. He revised the quote with a seasonal discount because he wasn't busy during the month of June. I agreed to hire him as my contractor. After the work began to demolish the deck he gave me a handwritten quote that was different from what I had in email. There was an $8,000 difference based on a new estimate of square footage as well as some motared copping that was missed from the previous quotes. His fence work is not a strength, but the interlock brick work is exceptional. He works fast and kept me informed of decisions.