Sandpiper Energy Solutions

Sandpiper Energy Solutions

Reviews for Sandpiper Energy Solutions

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Hot water heater

I unfortunately signed a contract with Sandpiper Energy Solutions as the owner of the apt building I lived in okayed the installation for all tenants. It appeared we had no choice. I have since moved to a seniors home with all utilities included. I phoned Sandpipers Energy and they told me I had to continue paying for the water heater for the duration of the contract. I understand I need a to hire a lawyer to transfer the contract to the new tenant, who moved in last week, otherwise I will continue to be billed, even though I am have moved and am no longer using their equipment. ITS A GREAT DEAL for the new tenant. I certainly cannot afford a lawyer on OSAP. I have no assets for them to take so I have just stopped paying them. There doesn’t seem to be an option.

Hi. We take your feedback seriously. We cannot find you in our database so we would like to connect with you to discuss further. Please e-mail us @ info@sandpiperenergysolutions.ca and let us know the best way to contact you. Kindly include the home address associated with your account, phone number and preferred time and method of communication.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Hot water heater

Every one of these stories is true, every sing one. This company is the WORST company I have ever dealt with
false billing, false information, terrible customer service, terrible service, terrible product.

all of it GARBAGE

mary in Kenora
mary in Kenora
1 review Kenora, ON

Water Heater

My old rental tank was $39 every 3 months. Serviceman said I needed a new one but it would be $50 rather than $39 but I would save the difference in energy efficiency. I signed the contract. I am now billed $50 MONTHLY and am sometimes double billed. This company is disgusting. I'm going to buy out of my contract. I could own a new heater at that price. I'm furious.

LM in Oakville
LM in Oakville

Removed without justification my elderly mother's water filtration system and hot water tank when both working fine.

Solicited my elderly mother by phone and talked her into changing her filtration system and hot water tank when she owned them and they were working fine. They removed both and put in a new hot water tank that requires a drain and left it to drain and flood her basement. They then pretended they put a second heater in the barn although it was the pressure tank (we have a well) that was already there. Then they charged her for two hot water tanks each month when they installed only one. They also destroyed the water quality, as we have white calcium film floating in our water now. They refuse to compensate her for the filtration system they took without just cause and her tank she owned outright. They will not stop billing her for two tanks nor fix the flooding of the one they installed. They also refuse to send us the contract they had my elderly mom sign. We now have to pay for a new filtration system and a new hot water tank plus installation.

Elizabeth Monkman  in Oakville
Elizabeth Monkman in Oakville

Horrible

This company is terrible. I have dealt with 6 different people on different accounts. I was told I have to pay a fee to cancel my "contract" which they have yet to show proof of which I have permission from the previous owner to see. I was told I have to pay $65 8 months ago for a cancellation fee. I did not hear from them for months. Now they are coming after me for use of a unit that is no longer installed that is 12 years old. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Horrible excuse for a company!

Deep in
Deep in
1 review , ON

Very garbage company.....called so many to fix this is 3 days havent find the service guy to fix...low rate...no reputation. ...

We have water heater tank with them 3 days we ran out of hot water .....i called so many time noone yet showup....wow what a poor reputation poor business.....money is all they want the cant fix anything

Roy in Toronto
Roy in Toronto
1 review Limehouse, ON

Harassing seniors!

Seeing all the terrible reviews on this company, I almost wasn’t going to bother with my own. In short, constant harassment of my 82 year mother who lives alone. “Annual inspection” b.s., high pressure “upgrade” sales pitch. Current tank still under contract and working fine. Why the urgency to replace it? Money, money, money. One more phone call and they’ll find themselves on the evening news....

shopping in Hamilton
shopping in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Trying to set up a new account

I have purchased a new property that apparently has a Sandpiper tankless water heater. I have been trying to set up a new account for this service for almost 2 weeks. First of all, the voice prompts in their automated answering system, does not provide an option for setting up brand new accounts. Second, I have called 3 times to set up a new account and have yet to speak to a person who can do this. I selected option 1 to speak to someone about their services and she proceeded to attempt to transfer my call only to have someone in the billing department cut me off before they answered. I called a week ago and had to finally hang up as I had been on hold for 35 min and no one answered. I am writing this review while I'm on hold again - 23 min and counting. Needless to say when I do get a hold of someone, it will be to tell them to come and remove their equipment. I am going to call the provider at my current house. If this is how Sandpiper treats customers who are looking to do business with them are being treated, I don't want to live through the nightmare of trying to get a service tech if I was ever to need one!

pawlyshyn in Woodstock
pawlyshyn in Woodstock
1 review Woodstock, ON

Water heater repair nightmare

My 95-year-old father signed on with this company a few years back at the front door, not realizing what he was doing. Last summer, his rental water heater broke down and needed to be replaced. It took two weeks for them to install a new one. My father had no hot water during this time. The only option was a huge Reem model — way too much water heater for my father's needs, and for nearly triple the monthly rate compared to his smaller previous model.
Now, less than a year later, the new heater has broken down. My father has been out of hot water for an entire week as of today.
We have phoned Sandpiper every day, and every day they assure us his problem is top priority. But no action. What kind of incompetent, uncaring outfit is this? This is the worst utility company I have ever had to deal with.
After the experience last summer, we considered breaking the contract, but Sandpiper wanted nearly $2000 to do so. However, I feel now it may have been worth it to go with a more reputable company.
My advice: STAY AWAY FROM SANDPIPER.

Mich in Toronto
Mich in Toronto
1 review Hamilton, ON

Rebate

Rips off seniors! My parents decided to get a new water heater and went with Sandpiper because they were told they would get a $700 rebate. Over a year still no rebate. Now they are denying that they told them that.

They also have not received a bill since November. Supposed to be billed every 2 months. They called in and the woman was so rude. She told them they would get one in June. My parents are on a fixed income and trying to figure out how much they owe. The woman says “what do you want me to do make up a bill?” Beware of this place!!

More about Sandpiper Energy Solutions

Welcome to Sandpiper Energy Solutions. No Hassles Today or Ever! We make it simple and affordable to enjoy year-round comfort with a HVAC System that is custom-fit to your lifestyle and budget! Sandpiper's TSSA-Certified Customer Care Technicians look after everything. Your Red Carpet experience begins with on-time arrival of staff who treat your living areas with respect. We use courtesy carpets and disposable boot-covers to keep your home clean and tidy!

***

Just as important, all the equipment we sell is fully covered by the Sandpiper Lifetime Service Warranty on all parts and labour. We’ll pamper you with 24/7 Emergency Priority Response so you can take your mind off service interruption or unplanned costs.