Blue Lake Landscaping & General Contracting

General Contractors
Blue Lake Landscaping & General Contracting

Reviews for Blue Lake Landscaping & General Contracting

Backyard overhaul and garage

We engaged Blue Lake Contracting on an extensive renovation of our yard that included the replacement of a sewer line, 3 fences/ retaining walls, an overhaul of the backyard to accommodate a garage, deck and landscaping. Fab was very generous with his time during the planning stage of the project and the crews were professional, accommodating and kind. We were particularly impressed with the carpentry work involved in the fence and deck. The project took more time than expected in part due to weather, the complexity that comes with an older property and the other projects Blue Lake had also committed to. With the project now completed, we feel it was worth the wait and are very pleased with the results.

Total Landscaping Front

Fab was great and very patient, as we were back and forth for about 3 years on renovations.
He and his crew had some hiccups due to the weather, but he kept us informed. we had some costs overruns over an above the Quote.
overall they did a great job!

Complete Backyard Package with Custom Garage Wall

The scope of the work included the garage, deck, fence, and landscaping.
Blue Lake Landscaping & General Contracting (Blue Lake) was wonderful to work with, in making our backyard dream a reality. The staff were courteous and professional throughout the construction. They were also very knowledgeable in their trade and provide great insight throughout construction. The quality of work was superb.

Blue Lake was very accommodating in our request for a custom exterior garage wall and it turned out great (see attached photos). They can literally construct anything you are envisioning for your backyard. We recommend them to anybody wanting to build their backyard oasis!

Christian in Castlegar
Christian in Castlegar

Backyard project

We hired Blue lake to do our back/side/front yard because we were very impressed on the work they did on our neighbor's yard. Blue lake exceeded our expectation from start to finish of the project. Fab and his crew are very easy to deal with, answered all of our questions through phone calls and emails in a timely manner unlike other contractors the would take days or does not even care to reply. Fab and his crew worked fast and efficient with great attention to detail. We had a budget set in mind and Fab went above and beyond to meet that. Fab threw in some extras for us so we could meet our budget.

I highly recommend using Blue lake if you want it done the right way!
We will definitely use Blue lake again for our future project.

DerekO in Airdrie
DerekO in Airdrie
0 reviews Airdrie, AB

Property wide, low maintenance landscaping with rock and stamped concrete

Thanks Fab for getting my new home fully landscaped!!

I'm an analytical/detail oriented person, so when I leave reviews I like to be thorough and fair indicating what went well, or not. I had Bluelake fully landscape the front, back and sides of my newly built home for virtually maintenance free enjoyment.

Back yard: Very satisfied. The back yard is mostly stamped concrete and it looks fabulous. There was a little tension when I was told that they couldn't accomplish the two stamp pattern we had agreed at the beginning would be the design. I told Fab, "if it cannot be done, so be it, I can accept a single stamp but I will be disappointed to not get the two stamp pattern we had discussed." He wasn't satisfied with that and even though I'd signed off on going single stamp, he went the extra mile to go around to all his suppliers and talk about how he could achieve the two stamp pattern as planned. He and his team put in a fair bit of extra effort and totally nailed it. The fire pit area having its own circular stamp design gives the yard real character.

Sides of home: Both sides were done exactly as planned/discussed. On one side Fab said to me "we'll probably have extra concrete, do you want an extra pad here on the unused side for storage" and they totally created a very useful storage section within the cost of the original contract. I doubt most landscapers would have done that without jumping the price. On the other side of the house the stamped concrete continues into a path from back to front and it looks awesome.

Front yard: Mostly satisfied. I will be honest, it did not come out as planned/envisioned. Very close, but still not as expected. We have a fully rockscaped front yard with a "dry creek bed" surrounded by larger grey Rundle rock. The creek bed border rocks were supposed to be black but Fab tells me there were none to be bought anyway so had to settle for a rainbow rock I don't really care for. Something I wish he'd known about up front. And I'd asked for Black boulders to contrast against the grey Rundle rock and instead received grey boulders with a weird rust color on some sides. It's done very well, don't me wrong - it just isn't the colors I had envisioned - so mostly satisfied.

We met Fab at the spring Home and Garden show and afterwards his quotes were detailed and provided in a timely manner, he followed up with us without being pushy and overall his customer service is amazing. All things the other companies we tried to quote with certainly can't say.

I could have found cheaper options but I'm certain the results wouldn't have been as good as Bluelake. All in all, the best thing I can say is: knowing what I know now, I would definitely still choose Bluelake if I was to do it again.

Thanks Fab!!

Adam Hoey in Calgary
Adam Hoey in Calgary

New construction - 10/10 would recommend

When shopping around for a full-service contractor for our new yard, Blue Lake’s team stood out immediately with their responsiveness. Within hours of visiting our site, Fab was able to provide a sketch and quote for what would become our new yard, including the fence, patio, and deck.

The way the project was managed through the execution phase also stood out. It has been a challenging year for such a project with the weather and construction on the lot beside ours. In spite of the rain clouds, Fab’s experience shone through in the way that these barriers were managed, with the project being completed within what was, in my estimation, the shortest duration possible given the circumstances.

We’re very happy with the quality of work that Brett and Dave did and look forward to enjoying our new yard for years to come! If you’re looking for a contractor, give Blue Lake a call.

Hello Adam, It was a pleasure meeting you and your beautiful family. Thank you for taking the time to provide feed back on your experience with our company. Have a great summer and thank you once again for hiring Blue Lake Contracting as your contractor of choice.

Farshid in Calgary
Farshid in Calgary

Back yard steps and front yard paving stone

I selected Blue Lake Contracting after interviewed many contractors. Fab and his crew, Brett and Noor did a fantastic job in my property. They completed the job beyond my expectation. They are honest, trustful and professional. Thank you Fab, Brett and Noor.

Thank you for your feed back Farshid its much appreciated. Enjoy your summer and thank you for trusting our company with your project.

hayley in Edmonton
hayley in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Lanscaping and Fence

We contacted Blue Lake Contracting to get a quote on landscaping and fencing. We were quickly impressed with Fab’s quick availability that suited our schedule and the fact the quote was provided less than 24 hours later.

Fab was very professional and knowledgeable. Although we had a plan of how we wanted the yard completed he was able to offer suggestions and input to prevent moisture and damage to the foundation of the home.

We hired Blue Lake Contracting to complete our project in mid-April. We were anticipating the project to be done no later than the end of June. Fab’s team completed the project before the end of May. We are now able to utilize our yard the way we intended. The team did a fabulous job.

Having had to work with contractors the past 2 summers (Garage and concrete patio), Blue Lake Contracting was by far the easiest and most professional contractor to work with. Fab was quick to respond with all questions and concerns. I have already recommended Blue Lake Contracting to people I know and will continue to do so.

Hello Hayley,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feed back on your experience and quality of workmanship you received from our company. It is much appreciated thank you once again for trusting Blue Lake as your contractor. Enjoy your summer and I am sure your mom is going to enjoy planting in the flower beds we built for you.

Blue Lake Team

Backyard overhaul

We had a terrible backyard which had not been touched for at least 10 years. Fab and his crew were really fast at getting the backyard demolished and the end result is more than we could have hoped! He was very conscious of remaining within budget and always answered our questions in a timely manner. Very happy with Blue Lake Landscaping!!

Thank you for providing feed back regarding your experience. It looks amazing and we hope you have many days of enjoyment with your loved ones in this newly developed space. Thanks again Tracy for trusting Blue Lake Contracting to execute your project.

Marilia in Calgary
Marilia in Calgary

Backyard Reno

Brett and the rest of the Blue Lake crew performed an amazing job at my yard renovation! They built a patio with paving stones, a raised flower bed, supplied and installed a natural gas firepit, resodded the yard and planted a few shrubs and a tree. I’m very satisfied with the final product and the quality of their workmanship. They were able to start and complete the work very quickly, which was appreciated given we have a dog that was eager to have his space back! Brett and crew answered all my questions while onsite, worked hard and were very attentive to detail.

Thank you for your review Marilia, We hope you enjoy your newly renovated yard for years to come it looks great. Have a great summer.

More about Blue Lake Landscaping & General Contracting

Blue Lake Contracting is a full service Calgary Renovation company that provides full scale Landscaping, Concrete and Renovations and design a company that offers a variety of services for any sized residential and commercial project. Serving Calgary, Airdrie, Chestermere, Okotoks with all your landscaping, concrete, deck, fence, garage, basement renovation ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in Calgary?