Blue Lake Landscaping & General Contracting

Landscape Contractors & Designers
Bay 135, 3007 – 57th Avenue SE Calgary AB
HomeStars  >  Landscape Contractors & Designers in Calgary  >  Blue Lake Landscaping & General Contracting

Reviews for Blue Lake Landscaping & General Contracting

aloosh_911
aloosh_911
1 review Chestermere, AB

Basement / Garage build / Concrete

We were in search of a contractor that can handle building our garage and developing our basement without having to use outside trades. Bluelake poured our concrete for our garage, developed our basement, and built our garage in a timely manner and with extreme professionism. The initial consulate was a clear indicator that they were knowledgable and designed what worked best for our needs. Would highly recommend this company, you won’t be disappointed.

Thank you for the review Al, I really appreciate your feed back I will pass it on to everyone. Have a great summer.

George
George

Landscaping

It can be an exhausting search for a landscaping design company but I have had the chance of working with Blue Lake for the second time! Fab and his team provided my family with a complete transformation of my backyard. From my initial meeting with the owner to the finishing touches, Blue Lake was always reachable to listen to my questions and concerns. They were very informative and professional in every phase of the project and I would highly recommend them to any friend or family member. Thanks again Fab and Team!

Hey George,

Thank so much for taking the time for your feed back it means a lot. I am happy to hear we met your expectations. Enjoy your summer and take care.

bmyck
bmyck

Driveway replacement

Outstanding service!!
From our initial meeting everything proceeded without delay! From the demolition of the existing pad to the pouring of the new pad was less than 3 days! Our neighbor was so impressed he had his replaced as well in equally impressive time! Highly recommend Blue Lake for you concrete work

Thank you for taking the time to providing a review and your feed back greatly appreciate the business. Have a great summer.

riggergirl
riggergirl

Side Yard Work

Had a small concrete patio poured, a dog run built, and some landscaping work done. We love our side yard space and looking forward to entertaining this summer!!!!

Thank you for your review Jenn, glad we can help out. Enjoy your yard.

Disasterously incompetent project work

We had blue Lake contracting create a large fence for us last summer. There are far more issues with it then I would care to mention here.

The work was not completed on time as scheduled, despite the weather being good. The quality of the workmanship was generally extremely poor (as confirmed by multiple contractors after-the-fact). Would not use, again!

I am sorry as I am not sure as to any complaints of this nature. Please contact the office immediately 403 253 5253 to allow us to understand your compliant. Thank you

Brad
Brad

Poured concrete in front yard

Had a cement side walk poured from city side walk to front steps. Then had concrete path poured from front side of house to back of the house.

Thank you for the feed back Brad.

Owner
Owner

Fence

The crew worked hard and built a great fence. There were communication issues with the company principals though. We went thought a number of loops to actually get the contract set. Jeff (the sales person) and Fab (the General Manager) didn't always seem to be on the same page.

Thank you for your time, we are always working on making things more efficient, I understand that we had some difficulties with your contract and believe we have corrected them and improved our sales teams turn around. Have a great day.

c.mini
c.mini

yard renovation and a fence

it all started with the estimator who did not take down any notes and when I wanted to show him the neighbors house up the street who had their yard done and what rocks I wanted in my yard he said he knows. well I did not get the rocks that I was looking for and had requested a visit from him to see what rocks he had chosen. he had chosen rocks that were way to big in size which thankfully I could change to a smaller size and accept the choice of rock that was chosen. I had wanted some rocks put under a previous deck and he had missed this on his work order so I had to remind him. He took it upon himself to order me just a white maintenance free fence when I wanted two tone so thankfully we could get this fixed. when the fence was put up it was not all the way to the ground as I did not want to see my neighbors weeds or have their grass cuttings in my yard. it ended up being 5 inches from the ground hence I then had to spend more monies to fix this problem! the post caps are flying off with the wind and I have to keep asking my neighbors for them back. they are to fix this issue when the weather is nicer - therefore removed all the caps until then. no one would meet me personally as it was all done by email. eventually I had to call the contractor to discuss all my concerns and meet in person. it would have been nice to have personally met the contractor after the estimator so we can go over what was to be done to make sure all was correct. this project put me over my budget as things were not done correctly. it would also have been nice if they would tell me that they would block my driveway during this period so I could get my vehicle out of the garage and park it on the street. After finally getting to see the contractor personally we got a lot of issues sorted out and explained to them in future they need to personally keep in touch face to face as to the progress and concerns that arise. I am happy with the work now that we got things sorted out and am looking forward to the summer to get to enjoy it more! They have promised to complete the job and I hope they keep there word on this.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide me with your feed back and once again I apologize our team did not give you the attention that was required. I have since than changed our sales approach which requires custom design as yours did. We have learned from this and will continue to improve thank you for the business and see you in spring to glue your caps.

John_D_Bertram
John_D_Bertram

front yard and deck etc.

Professionally done and workers very professional. What we have had done was a lot of heavy manual labour intense to remove the amount of top soil mostly by hand and they laid the stones. The deck is great.

Hello John, thank you so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure doing the work for you folks enjoy it.

Does not support it's own warranty

So this company has been very difficult...They have major scheduling issues, they don't pay attention to detail and most of all, they don't support their own warranty. After a month of the tiles being installed, the sand underneath sank and the tiles we either floating or covered in water and they want to charge us to come out and repair their work. Better off doing it yourself, very disappointed.

Thank you for your review and feed back, we do not recall any services we didn't attend to that were warranty related.Please contact the office at 403 253 5253 to provide more info as there is no first or last name to reference too.

More about Blue Lake Landscaping & General Contracting

Blue Lake Contracting is a full service Calgary Renovation company that provides full scale Landscaping, Concrete and Renovations and design a company that offers a variety of services for any sized residential and commercial project.

Serving Calgary, Airdrie, Chestermere, Okotoks with all your landscaping, concrete, deck, fence, garage, basement renovation and home improvement needs.