Blue Lake Landscaping & General Contracting

Reviews for Blue Lake Landscaping & General Contracting

DerekO in Airdrie
DerekO in Airdrie
0 reviews Airdrie, AB

Property wide, low maintenance landscaping with rock and stamped concrete

Thanks Fab for getting my new home fully landscaped!!

I'm an analytical/detail oriented person, so when I leave reviews I like to be thorough and fair indicating what went well, or not. I had Bluelake fully landscape the front, back and sides of my newly built home for virtually maintenance free enjoyment.

Back yard: Very satisfied. The back yard is mostly stamped concrete and it looks fabulous. There was a little tension when I was told that they couldn't accomplish the two stamp pattern we had agreed at the beginning would be the design. I told Fab, "if it cannot be done, so be it, I can accept a single stamp but I will be disappointed to not get the two stamp pattern we had discussed." He wasn't satisfied with that and even though I'd signed off on going single stamp, he went the extra mile to go around to all his suppliers and talk about how he could achieve the two stamp pattern as planned. He and his team put in a fair bit of extra effort and totally nailed it. The fire pit area having its own circular stamp design gives the yard real character.

Sides of home: Both sides were done exactly as planned/discussed. On one side Fab said to me "we'll probably have extra concrete, do you want an extra pad here on the unused side for storage" and they totally created a very useful storage section within the cost of the original contract. I doubt most landscapers would have done that without jumping the price. On the other side of the house the stamped concrete continues into a path from back to front and it looks awesome.

Front yard: Mostly satisfied. I will be honest, it did not come out as planned/envisioned. Very close, but still not as expected. We have a fully rockscaped front yard with a "dry creek bed" surrounded by larger grey Rundle rock. The creek bed border rocks were supposed to be black but Fab tells me there were none to be bought anyway so had to settle for a rainbow rock I don't really care for. Something I wish he'd known about up front. And I'd asked for Black boulders to contrast against the grey Rundle rock and instead received grey boulders with a weird rust color on some sides. It's done very well, don't me wrong - it just isn't the colors I had envisioned - so mostly satisfied.

We met Fab at the spring Home and Garden show and afterwards his quotes were detailed and provided in a timely manner, he followed up with us without being pushy and overall his customer service is amazing. All things the other companies we tried to quote with certainly can't say.

I could have found cheaper options but I'm certain the results wouldn't have been as good as Bluelake. All in all, the best thing I can say is: knowing what I know now, I would definitely still choose Bluelake if I was to do it again.

Thanks Fab!!

Adam Hoey in Calgary
Adam Hoey in Calgary

New construction - 10/10 would recommend

When shopping around for a full-service contractor for our new yard, Blue Lake’s team stood out immediately with their responsiveness. Within hours of visiting our site, Fab was able to provide a sketch and quote for what would become our new yard, including the fence, patio, and deck.

The way the project was managed through the execution phase also stood out. It has been a challenging year for such a project with the weather and construction on the lot beside ours. In spite of the rain clouds, Fab’s experience shone through in the way that these barriers were managed, with the project being completed within what was, in my estimation, the shortest duration possible given the circumstances.

We’re very happy with the quality of work that Brett and Dave did and look forward to enjoying our new yard for years to come! If you’re looking for a contractor, give Blue Lake a call.

Hello Adam, It was a pleasure meeting you and your beautiful family. Thank you for taking the time to provide feed back on your experience with our company. Have a great summer and thank you once again for hiring Blue Lake Contracting as your contractor of choice.

Farshid in Calgary
Farshid in Calgary

Back yard steps and front yard paving stone

I selected Blue Lake Contracting after interviewed many contractors. Fab and his crew, Brett and Noor did a fantastic job in my property. They completed the job beyond my expectation. They are honest, trustful and professional. Thank you Fab, Brett and Noor.

Thank you for your feed back Farshid its much appreciated. Enjoy your summer and thank you for trusting our company with your project.

hayley in Edmonton
hayley in Edmonton
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

Lanscaping and Fence

We contacted Blue Lake Contracting to get a quote on landscaping and fencing. We were quickly impressed with Fab’s quick availability that suited our schedule and the fact the quote was provided less than 24 hours later.

Fab was very professional and knowledgeable. Although we had a plan of how we wanted the yard completed he was able to offer suggestions and input to prevent moisture and damage to the foundation of the home.

We hired Blue Lake Contracting to complete our project in mid-April. We were anticipating the project to be done no later than the end of June. Fab’s team completed the project before the end of May. We are now able to utilize our yard the way we intended. The team did a fabulous job.

Having had to work with contractors the past 2 summers (Garage and concrete patio), Blue Lake Contracting was by far the easiest and most professional contractor to work with. Fab was quick to respond with all questions and concerns. I have already recommended Blue Lake Contracting to people I know and will continue to do so.

Hello Hayley,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feed back on your experience and quality of workmanship you received from our company. It is much appreciated thank you once again for trusting Blue Lake as your contractor. Enjoy your summer and I am sure your mom is going to enjoy planting in the flower beds we built for you.

Blue Lake Team

Backyard overhaul

We had a terrible backyard which had not been touched for at least 10 years. Fab and his crew were really fast at getting the backyard demolished and the end result is more than we could have hoped! He was very conscious of remaining within budget and always answered our questions in a timely manner. Very happy with Blue Lake Landscaping!!

Thank you for providing feed back regarding your experience. It looks amazing and we hope you have many days of enjoyment with your loved ones in this newly developed space. Thanks again Tracy for trusting Blue Lake Contracting to execute your project.

Marilia in Calgary
Marilia in Calgary

Backyard Reno

Brett and the rest of the Blue Lake crew performed an amazing job at my yard renovation! They built a patio with paving stones, a raised flower bed, supplied and installed a natural gas firepit, resodded the yard and planted a few shrubs and a tree. I’m very satisfied with the final product and the quality of their workmanship. They were able to start and complete the work very quickly, which was appreciated given we have a dog that was eager to have his space back! Brett and crew answered all my questions while onsite, worked hard and were very attentive to detail.

Thank you for your review Marilia, We hope you enjoy your newly renovated yard for years to come it looks great. Have a great summer.

Nick in Calgary
Nick in Calgary

Patio Extension

We contracted Blue Lake Contracting to extend our existing patio. Our initial thoughts were to extend our current concrete patio with pressure treated wood. When Fab came on-site his experience in this field truly showed and he recommended stamped concrete. Fab was able to quickly put a quote together and we were able to negotiate the best price that made sense for both of us. We hired Fab and his team at Blue lake in April and by mid-May his team was able to complete the project in approximately 1 week.

Stamped concrete is not a clean job at all because you have to rip out existing grass, soil, dig etc. Even though this was a messy job, Blue Lake’s team cleaned up very well on the street, in the backyard and was a pleasant site for me and my neighbours as well.

Fab’s team was delightful to work with and during the project I saw some changes that I wanted to make and without fuss they quickly changed up the design. Of course, these changes were small in nature however they changed it for us and for me that counts as great service. They are very clean and very professional.

Overall, I would use Fab and his team again and if you are looking to do anything from landscaping to basement development, I would truly keep Blue Lake in mind.

Hello Nick,

Thank you for taking the time to give some feed back it goes along way. Enjoy the new patio and have a great summer cheers.

k in Calgary
k in Calgary

Commercial Snow Removal - Excellent Service

Excellent service, snow was removed from the entire lot and shipping yard. Each snow event had excellent timely response. Lot was well maintained by Blue Lake. Email notifications were provided for each snow event listing work done. Great job.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feed back with your experience Kelly. Have a good summer with no snow.

Randy Sali in Calgary
Randy Sali in Calgary

Front sidwalk around parking pad

I needed a sidewalk to replace paving blocks. I got everal quotes and Blue Lake was the best price. They expected to schedule me in after the May long weekend but were able to get s started early. The crew was very professional and got right to work. They were able to recycle the old sidewalk blocks and poured the new sidewalk on Saturday. They were back this morning to remove the forms and back fill the site. They were always willing to answer my questions and concerns. I would recommend them and will call them if I should need additional work.

Hello Randy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feed back with your experience I really appreciate it. Have a great summer.

Alogan in Calgary
Alogan in Calgary

New Fence, Stand-Alone Closet, Painting and Landscaping

Blue Lake did a wonderful job on our property. We moved into a new home and wanted a stand-alone closet put in to match the existing decor. They did an amazing job, going so far as to source the exact hardware to match the other closets in the house so everything looked consistent. The fence they made for us was beautiful too-good quality craftsmanship, and the staff is extremely friendly and trustworthy! We highly recommend Blue Lake contracting.

Hey Aaron,

Thank you for the review I will pass on the kind words to the crews that worked on your property. Thanks again have a wonderful summer.

More about Blue Lake Landscaping & General Contracting

Blue Lake Contracting is a full service Calgary Renovation company that provides full scale Landscaping, Concrete and Renovations and design a company that offers a variety of services for any sized residential and commercial project. Serving Calgary, Airdrie, Chestermere, Okotoks with all your landscaping, concrete, deck, fence, garage, basement renovation ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in Calgary?