Bart The Appliance Man

HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Stouffville  >  Bart The Appliance Man

Reviews for Bart The Appliance Man

1 review Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

Dryer repair

My whirlpool dryer stopped working and I was looking for someone in the area to help repair. I like to support local businesses, because most are fair, and trustworthy. Well, Unfortunately I won't be using this particular individual again. The technician was in my house for less than 5 mins. He charged me $60 for a full service call just to switch my breaker on.

Kathy from Markham
Kathy from Markham

Washing machine

Old washing machine stopped spinning. Bart replaced the old parts at a very reasonable price and it's been fine for over 10 years. Our dryer element burned out and same story. Highly recommend his service!

Tim from Uxbridge
Tim from Uxbridge
2 reviews Uxbridge, ON

Dryer belt repair

The dryer drive belt went on my dryer. I called a more local place but they indicated that they would not be able to come out for two weeks!! I called a couple of other places. One used to be in Port Perry but are now in Oshawa so I would be a long-distance service call and that wouldn't happen for a few days. After bemoaning this and the cost of the service ($85 plus the $17 belt), the guy I spoke to said that I could probably do this myself and gave me hints about how (but I'd probably have to go to Stouffville or Pickering for the part.)

I took a chance and called "Bart the Appliance Man". "Bart" was apparently at home but the woman that talked to was helpful. She got the model number of the Dryer and she called Bart at home to make sure they had the right part. She then called me back to let me know that they had the part. She said that, if she wasn't there when I stopped by (the business is run out of a house), she would leave the part out for me and that it would be safe for me to leave my money where the part was left. Something along the line of the "honesty box" that you see at road-side farm stands. I love the trust that this company/woman had. You gotta love small-town businesses!