The Garage Door Company Ltd.

Garage Doors & Hardware
Calgary AB T3R 1K7
HomeStars  >  Garage Doors & Hardware in Calgary  >  The Garage Door Company Ltd.

Reviews for The Garage Door Company Ltd.

H Allan in Calgary
H Allan in Calgary

Spring and Cable Repair

The gentlemen from The Garage Door Company were fantastic. The spring broke on our oversized garage door and they (2 man crew) were able to come the very next morning. They provided a quote and then fixed the spring and cables in about 40 minutes. The cost was exactly what thy quoted. The door is working perfectly now. They were professional and courteous!!

AG in Calgary
AG in Calgary

The Garage Door Company - Customer Service and Workmanship

Smoke and mirrors. Just google this company and these guys and their company have made the news, fleecing people....I didn't do my research first and unfortunately had the misfortune of working with them...

SERIOUSLY AVOID THIS COMPANY!
I'm not the type to write reviews, but felt this experience was so bad that it was important to warn others.
We had issues with our garage door opening smoothly, so we wanted to get help prior to winter. So, we booked "The Garage Door Company" to come to our house to assess the situation. They were over 2 hours late, with no explanation. "Mark" immediately told us that we needed new springs and wheels and that would cost $1000. Reluctantly we agreed as we don't want to deal with this issue in the winter. Once Mark very quickly completed the work, he said they "guarantee their work for 5 years" and left. Surprise, surprise, we still have the same issue/concern with our door. We have made several attempts (8-10) to contact Mark via phone and email and he will not call us back (even though their voicemail says they will "call you back in 1-2 minutes"). Finally, we got hold of "Kevin" and explained the situation and were concerned about the lack of communication and the fact that it seems like they don't keep their promise as they haven't returned 1 email or 1 phone call and Kevin actually hung up on us! So, they got our $1000 and have zero warranty or customer service. Big mistake dealing with these guys. If I could rate them a 0 I would and absolutely recommend anybody with garage door issues to absolutely avoid this company as there are far better companies in Calgary that also include customer service.

Emergency Spring Replacement - Came and bailed

Called for "emergency" service when a spring on our door snapped. Two man crew showed, mucked around, tried to clamp the spring, said they needed a part, left, and never returned. Called dispatch, said he would call me back, never did. In hindsight, I'm very glad. Quoted a ridiculous amount. Almost 3x what a reputable company charged, with the proper sized springs. You left my family in a lurch since we weren't able to get our car out the next day, so had to rent a car. Very unprofessional outfit.

Tish in Calgary
Tish in Calgary

Garage door repair

They came out to repair our garage door. They went ahead & completed the work without providing an estimate. The bill was much more than we expected and the work they did has not resolved our original issue. We have tried to get them back out on 3 separate occasions and they haven't showed up for the booked appointments. We are very disappointed. I would not recommend this company.

Jim M. in Calgary
Jim M. in Calgary

Garage Door Spring Repair

The spring broke in our garage door, and this also broke another part. They had the right spring with them, and the other part, too. They fixed our garage door in about 40 minutes. It has been working perfectly ever since. They were very professional.

Alejandro Jimenez from Calgary
Alejandro Jimenez from Calgary

Garage Door Repair

Our garage door derailed over the weekend due to a corroded cable, the response was immediate, with fast, clean, and efficient work. I recommend this company for their professionalism and honesty

JP from Calgary
JP from Calgary

Garage Door Repair

These guys are unbelievable - on the initial call, the one brother was polite and pleasant that did the repair and within days the garage door began to malfunction once again and I requested a warranty call. The other brother now in charge was very rude and difficult, to say the least! I hired someone else and confirmed the door needed an adjustment.

JP,
Very sorry to hear that your 'call back' was so frustrating. I do try to field all the incoming calls myself--and I personally track each customer, always looking for ways to improve our service. I do apologize if you got someone on the phone that was having a 'bad day'. I guess that happens--but it's not an excuse. Thanks so much for your valuable feedback. We hope you'll give us another chance should the need arise. Of course you are still under warranty. All the best.

Tom Marsden from Calgary
Tom Marsden from Calgary

Broken cable on one side of garage door

Made an appointment on Thursday to come out to fix a broken cable on my garage door on Monday as I was working all day Friday. The appointment was for between 8-9 but 930 came without even a phone call, I called them and they claimed o be tied up at a commercial site and rescheduled for Tuesday between 9-10 again waited but not so much as a phone call, called them about 1045 and they said they were on their way. He showed up about 1 hour later gave a quote for about 350 to replace both sets of cables and possibly both drums. After he started working we questioned him about why we needed both sides done and told him that was all we needed done as the left side was fine, I went back inside and about 5 minutes later I went back out to the garage and he had already returned to his truck and started driving off. Called around and got someone else to fix it for $150 the next day.

Tom Marsden,
I have looked into your complaint--and the paper trail from our end. You were quoted to replace both cables and you agreed to the price. But it seems that you later changed your mind, even though the serviceman was nearly finished the work. The serviceman left the job site because he understood that you were cancelling outright. If there was a miscommunication I do apologize. But we always begin with a written quote--and on that basis begin the job. Very sorry that we could not help you. All the best.

Byron in Calgary
Byron in Calgary

EXPENSIVE garage door repair

Quick service and was friendly. However due to needing a quick fix, I did not do due diligence to check around. Ended up costing double the price for EVERYTHING! I called the Garage Door Company and was told that they could come out that day and that it would be an extra hour charge for weekend work at $99 for the hour. I agreed to that and they came out. It was prompt service, very polite and was finished in about an hour. However the charge on all the parts were double the price of anywhere else. I did not know that until talking with some family. My bill came to over 800.00. I have since looked up this company and found he has multiple complaints on overcharges. Was also on the news. Wish I had read this before I hastily hired someone to do the job.
Research this company before you use them.

Byron,
Thanks for the compliment--'quick and friendly'. However, we are always upfront about charges on the phone, and then follow that up with an onsite written quote. Transparent. The error you may be making is comparing apples with oranges. Because in terms of parts quality, you really do get what you pay for. Nonetheless, I do sincerely value your feedback. And thank you for taking the time to do a review. Please don't hesitate to call if any problems arise--as the work is still under warranty. All the best.