Heritage Renovations Windows And Doors

Km in London
Km in London
0 reviews Belmont, ON

Door install

Normally I would not go to this extreme but when are companies who provide sub standard workmanship going to be held accountable for inferior service and work?!?

The process started well enough, sales representative was excellent in listening to my needs in terms of what I wanted in a new front door, I had explained my issues with the current one and was assured the products and installation techniques used would make a big difference.

On a side note the only reason i did not give all one stars is the product from gentek is an excellent product. Very pleased with the door itself.

On the day of install two installers showed up and were courteous enough but after that is when the problems started. First if that's what the company calls cleaning up after themselves, pretty sad I spent a half hour cleaning after install. Glad it was only front door not entire house would have been a mess!

The second issue occurred when installers showed up with wrong trim, they were given trim that did not even come close to the profile of mine. Even though I was assured this was included in the price I had to reuse the old trim which obviously never gets put back perfect ( many many nail holes for the original and new ones) not that big of deal but if your promised something company should deliver as installers had no intention of returning to shop to retrieve proper trim!

A day after install that's when things really started to take a turn, the caulking had quarter size holes and gaps everywhere not to mention looks like a 5 year old kid had finger painted it on ( will attach pics) gobbed up everywhere! More on this in a bit. The aluminum casing around door frame is scratched down to bare metal all over the place giving the brand new door a very poor finished look. Back to the caulking not only is the outside poorly done but also around trim on inside of door is once again extremely rough and unfinished looking. Installers had to add a piece of trim between door and transom window.......this looks like it was cut with a rusty butter knife! Seriously so bad I sanded and used a ton of wood filler the make it look reasonable! The inside door frame is all chewed up, could have been from the supplier but you would think heritage would inspect the doors at the very least as the inside frame also has red paint marks everywhere really stands out against white.

Now to the service side of things, called as soon as I found the gaps in the caulking that literally when it rains let's water in my basement got no answer so left a message, no response had to call back hour later and low and behold spoke with a receptionist. Was told caulking needed to cure for 28 days before they could come out and do a recaulk (sent pictures was assured it wouldn't leak.....guess what it does, could have told them that!) set up an appointment at their selected time and date not my own choosing whatsoever but would make it work. In the meantime is when I noticed the deep scratches in the casing so asked for touch up paint but was told they would just replace when they came out for a recaulk, perfect sounds good to me.

Day before, actually less then 24 hours prior was contacted that my appointment was no longer valid I needed to make other arrangements to have the work done later in the afternoon. I live not close to any family or friends who could be here so to accomodate the original 8 am service call I took half a day off work. Now they were telling me I needed to find another time and it was not their fault i would be missing time at work or the money lost because they could NOT keep THEIR original appointment they chose! This is were James comes in obviously upset with this decision on their part I emailed a response in which I received a response from him telling me I needed to find another day it was not their problem I took time so I couldn't be at home to oversee the service call (with all the problems feel it was necessary to be there) that they were doing everything to fix it in a timely matter. Well NO! Do u not have more then one installer believe so I saw two the install day, you guys made the appointment guaranteeing me the first appointment of the morning then less then 24 hrs prior cancel!!!! That is not professional and wonder why I take exception James give your head a shake. James is also a coward as I responded to his email telling me to call Tammy I called him out asking for himself to call me guess what he didn't!

Do not under any circumstances hire heritage the company provides pitiful customer service and poor craftsmanship which they should be held accountable for! I will make it my mission to inform everyone I can not to use this company unless inferior service is something u want.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

HAPPY CUSTOMER

I chose to call Heritage Renovations because a friend recommended them. I'm glad I did! From start to finish they were amazing!!! I would recommend these guys for any job anytime!!! Thanks again!!!!!

Lisa Lopes in London
Lisa Lopes in London
1 review LONDON, ON

Window replacement North Star Vinyl windows

We where recomended to Heritage Renovations Windows & Doors by our Neighbour. She said that Heritage had done a lot of work on our Street. We called them up for an estimate and where glad to hear a human answer the phone. They set up an appointment showed up on time and did the work on time. They cleaned up the work area and did everything that they said they where going to do. Frank the owner called me up a couple of days later to make sure that I was happy with the installation crew and the salesstaff and I couldn't be happier with my experience with Heritage Renovations. I would recommend them to any one needing new windows. I was also very impressed with there showroom.
Lisa

More about Heritage Renovations Windows And Doors

At Heritage Renovations, when installing your windows & doors, we meet and exceed the highest standards when it comes to product quality and installation. www. heritagerenovationswindowsanddoors. com
Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in London?