Micom Tileworks

Tile & Stone Contractors

Reviews for Micom Tileworks

1 review Vancouver, BC

Kitchen backsplash

Jorian did our kitchen backsplash in March 2018. We couldn't be happier with the experience. He is great to work with - a thorough professional and a real nice guy. His work speaks for itself.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I loved the choice of tile you made. Its very different. I like people who think out the box. So glad to hear you're happy with the work i did. Enjoy it.

Cathy in Maple Ridge
Cathy in Maple Ridge
1 review Maple Ridge, BC

Fireplace tile surround

Jorian did a fantastic job on our fireplace surround.
He mapped out the tile pattern and discussed his plan with me before installing it. He arrived on time and job was completed on schedule and on budget. He worked with our 'TV guy' to measure, cut and drill holes for an easy TV installation. Would recommend him to anyone!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure working for you. It turned out amazing. The fireplace combined with the tv and grey marble like tiles look great.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto
1 review Langley, BC

Kitchen tile and bathroom re grouting

I am so very happy with the job Jorian did installing new tile back splash in my kitchen. He is very professional, his work is meticulous and my kitchen looks fabulous. I had him come back to clean and re grout the tile in my ensuite shower and the difference is amazing. I would highly recommend Micom Tileworks....you will get a great job done at a reasonable price:)

thank you for your kind review. it was great working for you. I love the backsplash tile and it goes well with the rest of the kitchen. glad I was able to help with the cleanup and regrouting of the shower. looks like new. thanks again for using micom tileworks

1 review White Rock, BC

Removing and replacing backsplash in kitchen upon refacing of cabinets

All work done to complete satisfaction. Jorion is a real pro and pays attention to detail and symmetrical balance. He asked the right questions to make sure he delivered what we needed. Really nice work done and we are very happy with what now looks like a brand new kitchen. Highly recommended!

Thank you for writing a nice review. You kitchen looks beautiful now everything is updated. Nice choice of tiles as well. They match the counter and cabinets perfectly. Enjoy it

1 review Surrey, BC

Tiling of Bathtub / Shower Enclosure

I would highly recommend Jorian for any job as, in my experience, he excels at his craft - a real artist! Even when Jorian came out to give his quote I could tell that he really knew what he was doing and gave very sensible, asute, clear suggestions and ideas. The quote was accurate down to the penny when payment time came. Jorian was very receptive to answering questions and explaining things and his manner was friendly and helpful. The tile looks wonderful and although the rest of the bathroom is old, Jorian gave his all to the tile work. He also had to rip out all the old drywall and replace it and there was black mould - he wore a mask and used a machine that cleans the air and did a great job of cleanup. Price includes plumber work - raising shower head and faucet etc. He did thin grout which is really outstanding and matched the grout to the tile esthetic. As far as I can see his work is perfect. Thanks so much, Jorian!

Thank you so much for your nice review. I was happy to do the job. Im so happy you are satisfied with my work. thank you for using micom tileworks

1 review Delta, BC

Bathroom Tile

The tile work itself was done really well and looks great. But, Jorian didn't put our toilet back on once the tile was installed behind it. Also, he left a 5 inch gap of exposed drywall beside the door. His reasoning was because it wouldn't match up with the opposite wall which didn't make sense because we had the tile extended past behind the toilet. So now, we are left with this huge strip of drywall to deal with. He did however, work on our bathroom over the holidays so we could move in which we are greatful for.
Did a great job with the tile but definitely didn't go above and beyond.

Review has 1 previous version

Hello, i am sorry you are not one hundred percent happy with our work. These concerns were also not brought up to me while i did the work. Customer satisfaction is my main goal and if you were concerned about where the tile stopped you are free to mention that to me while im doing the work. i would have adjusted the layout and keep my customer happy. But aesthetically when you look at the tubsurround tile you want both the left and right wall to stop at the same distance. The area behind the toilet was just a 3 feet high wall and separate from the tubsurround. Also i never reinstall toilets as that is a plumbers job and a liability for us if there is water damage. Especially in a condo. I would have been happy to bring in a plumber if it was requested but again nothing was said. Also the contract never mentioned reinstalling the toilet. Communication is important during these things. But i wish you all the best and i hope the move in went smooth.

M. & D. in Langley
M. & D. in Langley
2 reviews Langley, BC

Replace bathroom floor

Jorian was a big help right from the day I contacted him. He gave us advice on the type of tile we should consider and then explained the best pattern for this tile type. He was generous with his advice and best of all he always listened carefully to our questions and then answered them. He is quick to respond to emails/voicemails and he always showed up when he said he would each and every time. Most importantly we love the new floor. We will certainly contact Jorian when we are ready to remodel the next bathroom next year.

thank you for your kind review. It was so nice to work for you both. Looking forward to working with you on your bathroom renovation next year.

RH in Port Coquitlam
RH in Port Coquitlam
1 review Port Coquitlam, BC

Kitchen Backsplash

We feel so lucky to have found Jorian through his awesome reviews here on Homestars and he totally lived up to his solid reputation with our glass tile installation. Our general contractor brought an inexperienced tiler that did a terrible mess with the first install that had to be taken down and drywall replaced. Jorian worked with us to ensure that the walls were properly prepared and arrived on time as promised each day. His careful attention to detail was vital in making certain that this time, he installed each tile individually (taken off of the mesh backing) so that he could place each one perfectly. His cuts are spot on with no chipping or jagged edges and his grout lines are all straight, even, level and the same width. Jorian made great suggestions and was super patient, all the while diligently working away with a friendly and positive attitude. He was great to work with and did a few extra finishing touches at no extra cost. He is super pleasant and a real pleasure to have in our home. Will not hesitate to recommend him to others and to hire him again to do both our bathroom renos next year. Thanks Jorian!

Thank you for your amazing review. I'm glad micom Tileworks was able to help you with the glass backsplash install. Installing these tiles might look easy but you need the right blades, products and skills to set them properly. I am so glad you are happy with the end result and I hope you get to enjoy your kitchen now. Hope to work with you on future projects.

Mark from Surrey
Mark from Surrey
3 reviews Surrey, BC

Bathroom project

There are a number of companies that offer tile work, BUT, if you want the job done right, organized, without any surprises or hidden costs - just call Micom Tileworks, speak with Jorian and explain what your vision is. He will work with you to bring your ideas into reality and ensure the project exceeds your expectations. Jorian is a meticulous craftsman and a pleasure to work with.
(left photo is before, right is after)

It was a pleasure working for you both. Thank you for your kind review. I take pride in my job and i always hope customers see this in the quality of my work. Im so glad you are happy. Thank you for using Micom Tileworks.

Christine P.  in
Christine P. in
1 review Surrey, BC

Kitchen Backsplash

We had Jorian install our kitchen backsplash and couldn't be happier with the outcome. He was always on time, friendly and very helpful with suggestions on this project and future ones. The quality of the installation is excellent and we look forward to having him back.

Thank you Christine for your nice review. Im looking forward to work on any future projects with you. The backsplash tile you picked out is really timeless and looks very clean. Good choice

More about Micom Tileworks

Micom Tileworks has been in the tile industry for many years and i have worked as a tile setter in Europe and Canada. My goal is to provide the customer with good advice, help with selections and meticulous quality work. The products i use are considered high end products which not only gives you a beautiful result but also a solid tile installation that will last you a long time. I work with all ceramic, porcelain, glass and all natural stone tiles and have a extensive knowledge in all tile applications. My focus is residential work so i can work together with the customer to make their vision come true. Over the years i obtained certifications in many tile, in-floor heating, waterproofing and custom tile showerbase products. That is besides the awards Micom Tileworks has won over the years for great customer service and quality work. Give us a call, send a text, email us at [email protected] or feel free to go to the website at www.micomtileworks.com for more info about the company.