Mid-West Moving & Storage Services

Moving & Storage
Calgary AB T2E 6M4
HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Calgary  >  Mid-West Moving & Storage Services

Reviews for Mid-West Moving & Storage Services

The process did not happen the way they said it would. No weigh ticket for the truck before loading and the truck arrived with someone else's stuff already on it. We had no choice but to let them load as we had to be out of the house. When they did give us a weight it was way more (almost double) than what we thought. When we re wives our things the boxes looked like someone had sat or jumped on them. So items in the boxes were smashed but they took no responsibility because they said we had packed the boxes. I lost items that were precious to me (wedding gifts, inherited items etc) but they do not care or take responsibility. Also their paperwork which listed our items loaded on the truck was not with the shipment when unloaded so they had no way of checking we got everything, again we were promised this would be done. So completely unprofessional.We dealt with Sue who constantly gave us the run around and told us to submit a claim but with 10 minutes of sending the claim that included 42 pictures and 3 pages listing items broken Sue emailed me to say they would not be covering any of it because the items they were responsible for would not be over their deductible. Save yourself the upset and anger I have experienced and do not use this company.

Nikita in Welland

I cannot stress enough to believe all of the negative reviews you read! We gave Mid West a chance, despite the reviews, and I will never recommend them to anyone. Everything was wonderful leading up to the moving day. Even the movers who came were down to earth and friendly. We had no problems at all. Our stuff was moved from Edmonton to Mississauga. Upon receiving our delivery, my Muskoka chair arrived broken (which I sent a photo of to Sue, who didn't acknowledge it whatsoever. Although I said my boyfriend would be fixing it, there was still no response or apology regarding the issue itself). We were (and still are) missing two boxes. I originally sent an email to see what was going on with the missing items and heard nothing back. I followed up a few days later and was told by Sue that she would contact me later that day but yet I still didn't hear anything back. Once the time came to actually do the job and look into where our items were, it seemed that Mid West had zero care in the world. I had to send a rude email just to get a response back. With a $350 deductible and only $0.66/lb it isn't even worth claiming and giving them even more of our money. They completely disregarded the issue and have no care that their company lost our items. There are only a few places the boxes could be - in a warehouse, at another clients house, or they were taken. As great as they were prior to the move, once things got serious they were completely useless and couldn't care less about their clients or the employee errors leading to the client issue(s). Seriously, believe the reviews and don't give them your money.

Yassir in Toronto

Don't use this company. Be aware.
- They destroyed most of my furniture because they did not rap the furniture with blankets as their contract states.
- My move was in July 2017 from Calgary, AB to Mississauga, ON. They have the most unprofessional and unexperienced moving team. They spent more than 7 hours on the day of move from Calgary, the crew was loud and they had several fights among themselves. They were out of rapping blankets after just few and they said that they will rap it later, but they didn't.
- The furniture arrived to Mississauga but most of it was severely damaged, not just scratches. some things were totally broken and some totally ruined.
- I called them afterward. their insurance is a joke, they compensate for damaged weight ($0.6/ damaged pound) after $350 deductible. Even with that, they did not proceed with insurance, I asked for some refund because the damage was their fault and they hanged the phone in my face. I talked to Sue, before the move she was very nice and answers everything quickly and seemed professional. After the move, she turned into this horrible unprofessional person. They did not send me the weight slip and I'm sure they charged me alot more than my stuff's weight. I asked for the scale slip few time, and they did not send it.

Elham in Mississauga

Moving: They lost 4 big items: mattress, mattress box, BBQ and bed part, value 4000CAD. These items are too big to be lost. So, deal with them if you can accept your big belongings get lost.

Pricing: As other said, it comes to be double! They did not show us the weight displayed on the scale! They overestimated the weights of the items and charged us extra for some thing that never existed (such as stairs or long walk to truck). I complaint about the extra charge and they told me that we only accept our driver's report!

Wrapping by blanket: They came to my home only with 3 blankets!!! It means that the maximum number of the items that they can (partially!) wrap is 3! They are not committed to wrap all furniture as they promise in quotation.

Insurance claim: They estimated the weights of the lost items in a way that the insurance claim did not go beyond the deductible amount. Whatever you lost, you won't get even one cent back.

Kelly in Alliston
1 review New Tecumseth, ON

My husband dealt with Sharon from the beginning. Originally the time frame for our move was approximately 15 days which was perfect. We timed things so our stuff would arrive within a day or two of our arrival. Our stuff was picked up on October 21, 2016 from Calgary. The two guys were hard working and a pleasure to deal with. They were very kind and professional. We flew from Calgary to Moncton on Nov 7, 2016. My husband called Sharon upon our arrival only to find out our stuff was still in Calgary. Our new delivery date is Nov 21.
Our move was also triple the amount that was quoted. I understand the price reflects actual weight but triple our quote was definitely a surprise. I will update once our stuff has arrived.

They are nice on phone and emails and overall cheapest if you are moving from Alberta but as negative side for us they took almost a month to deliver, lost a few our things and punched a leather sofa.

1 review Unity, SK

This was the absolute worst moving experience I have ever had! The damage to my furniture, and belongings exceeded $6000. My electric fireplace showed up in pieces, my antique cedar chest is missing a piece, my brand new desk is scratched and wasn't wrapped, my picnic table is missing the glass table top( I'm guessing it's broken). The list just keeps going. I had items that weren't even wrapped. When the back of the truck was opened up, it looked as if they were going to the dump. I even had miscellaneous clothing just chucked on the floor in the back of the truck. they showed up a day late after us booking them 5 weeks in advance for delivery. I have never seen such an unprofessional company in my entire life! DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY!!!!

Abdulraheem in Calgary

I'm not imprest at all. I moved from bc to alberta with this company. They are good on the phone but not in moving. They came late on moving date didn't finish that day like promised by email. Finished 10 min till possession of home for other people.
They damaged my things and are not going to replace or fix the damaged goods.
I don't recommend people to use this company.

Good Morning to all that this concerns,

When it comes to a move there are sometimes obstacles that may come up or unforeseen circumstances.We do our very best to accommodate all of our clients.We state in all our communications the type of insurance that we carry, there are times that we cannot stress enough that it would be helpful for them to please read our contract and what is covered and what is not.There was some missing items that were delivered personally by my Office Manager on her own time.

1 review Montreal, PQ

Save your money and good, choose another company. This company charge you extra hidden fees. Ie charge for moving your bed as special item and you will be liable for 150 extra for cost of moving. They dont take care of any of your goods and treat it worse than airport luggage crew. Expect to lose items and broken and unusable items because of the way they handle your goods. Go at your own risk.

Brenda in Cranbrook
1 review Lethbridge, AB

We used Midwest movers for 3 of our moves and they were very good. The 4th move was a disaster. Since the new owners took over in Oct 2015 they are terrible. We have custom furniture, no blankets, packed the semi as if they threw it in. While moving out of the house caused serious damage to the walls and expected us to fix them. They were late in which we had to take a hotel. Demanded cash or would not unload truck. If you want your belonging protected and undamaged DO NOT USE THEM.