Mid West Moving & Storage Services

Moving & Storage
Mid West Moving & Storage Services

Reviews for Mid West Moving & Storage Services

Bathroom installation

Matt estimated the job very well and the entire team came on time once they started. Since they were familiar with local appliance vendors they even helped with pick up and fit up issues. Very professional and predicatable. They also worked around pets and tenants without any complaints. Highly recommend them to anyone looking for a stress-free remodel or new bathroom (in my case it was building all new 3 piece bathroom with flooring, drywall etc.)

Adrianna in Coquitlam
Adrianna in Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Move from Toronto to Kelowna

If i could give this company 0 stars I would. They are extremely unorganized and unprofessional. I am never one to review a company but in this case it is necessary. Originally, we dealt with Lowina about our move from Toronto to Kelowna. She was very helpful, determined and beyond lovely. Our issues began when the movers came to pick our things up, they scratched up our walls and floors. We were then told we would have the weight of our items by that evening. This was a untrue. After emailing multiple times inquiring about the status and amount of our bill, we recieved our quote 10 days later. After finally being quoted, they expected payment by the next day in order for them to deliver on the date we had originally planned. When we inquired about the damages to my apartment, i dealt with Anna who was extremely rude. She would not let me speak, and when I finally got the chance to express all of my concerns she responded with “Are you done?” And then hung up.
To say I am unimpressed is an understatement. I have never dealt with such a disorganized and rude individual.
After our things finally got delivered, we were left with one extra box with valuable family heirlooms that did not belong to us, I emailed the company to let them know, and they said they would pick it up on a certain evening. I stayed in all day expecting a phone call expressing they would be here soon, and nothing. I still haven’t recieved a response or a planned appointment for this other customer to recieve their things.
In a cross country move like mine, it is always stressful, but Mid West Moving Company was by far the most stressful part of my move (and I moved with 4 animals that don’t get along).
I do not recommend moving with is company.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

move from Calgary to Airdrie

I am letting you know how disappointed we are regarding the move of March 22. They showed up 45 minutes past their 2 hour window of 10:00am to 12:00pm. The truck was too small to take everything so some items were left off. We have found considerable damage to some of our items. The sofa has been torn on one side and the workbench seems to have been smashed to a point that the drawers will not open properly. Also, when the gentleman reassembled the dining table, he forgot an important piece in which we now have to disassemble the whole table to put back on. Considering how much we paid for this service, this is totally unsatisfactory. Also, eight hours for three men to move a two bedroom house 25 minutes away seems like a long time.

Private User reviews Surrey, BC

Worst moving company ever

Nice on the phone. Once they have your belongings, they will hold it hostage until you agree to the new quote. Didn't show up on my delivery day. Waited another 2 weeks. Driver incurred extra ferry expenses that and billed it to me. Damaged stuff. Lost items. Never heard from them again.

NEVER, NEVER USE THIS COMPANY

The process did not happen the way they said it would. No weigh ticket for the truck before loading and the truck arrived with someone else's stuff already on it. We had no choice but to let them load as we had to be out of the house. When they did give us a weight it was way more (almost double) than what we thought. When we re wives our things the boxes looked like someone had sat or jumped on them. So items in the boxes were smashed but they took no responsibility because they said we had packed the boxes. I lost items that were precious to me (wedding gifts, inherited items etc) but they do not care or take responsibility. Also their paperwork which listed our items loaded on the truck was not with the shipment when unloaded so they had no way of checking we got everything, again we were promised this would be done. So completely unprofessional.We dealt with Sue who constantly gave us the run around and told us to submit a claim but with 10 minutes of sending the claim that included 42 pictures and 3 pages listing items broken Sue emailed me to say they would not be covering any of it because the items they were responsible for would not be over their deductible. Save yourself the upset and anger I have experienced and do not use this company.

Nikita in Welland
Nikita in Welland

Move

I cannot stress enough to believe all of the negative reviews you read! We gave Mid West a chance, despite the reviews, and I will never recommend them to anyone. Everything was wonderful leading up to the moving day. Even the movers who came were down to earth and friendly. We had no problems at all. Our stuff was moved from Edmonton to Mississauga. Upon receiving our delivery, my Muskoka chair arrived broken (which I sent a photo of to Sue, who didn't acknowledge it whatsoever. Although I said my boyfriend would be fixing it, there was still no response or apology regarding the issue itself). We were (and still are) missing two boxes. I originally sent an email to see what was going on with the missing items and heard nothing back. I followed up a few days later and was told by Sue that she would contact me later that day but yet I still didn't hear anything back. Once the time came to actually do the job and look into where our items were, it seemed that Mid West had zero care in the world. I had to send a rude email just to get a response back. With a $350 deductible and only $0.66/lb it isn't even worth claiming and giving them even more of our money. They completely disregarded the issue and have no care that their company lost our items. There are only a few places the boxes could be - in a warehouse, at another clients house, or they were taken. As great as they were prior to the move, once things got serious they were completely useless and couldn't care less about their clients or the employee errors leading to the client issue(s). Seriously, believe the reviews and don't give them your money.

Yassir in Toronto
Yassir in Toronto

Don't use this company... Be aware!

Don't use this company. Be aware.
- They destroyed most of my furniture because they did not rap the furniture with blankets as their contract states.
- My move was in July 2017 from Calgary, AB to Mississauga, ON. They have the most unprofessional and unexperienced moving team. They spent more than 7 hours on the day of move from Calgary, the crew was loud and they had several fights among themselves. They were out of rapping blankets after just few and they said that they will rap it later, but they didn't.
- The furniture arrived to Mississauga but most of it was severely damaged, not just scratches. some things were totally broken and some totally ruined.
- I called them afterward. their insurance is a joke, they compensate for damaged weight ($0.6/ damaged pound) after $350 deductible. Even with that, they did not proceed with insurance, I asked for some refund because the damage was their fault and they hanged the phone in my face. I talked to Sue, before the move she was very nice and answers everything quickly and seemed professional. After the move, she turned into this horrible unprofessional person. They did not send me the weight slip and I'm sure they charged me alot more than my stuff's weight. I asked for the scale slip few time, and they did not send it.

Elham in Mississauga
Elham in Mississauga

Moving from Edmonton to Toronto

Moving: They lost 4 big items: mattress, mattress box, BBQ and bed part, value 4000CAD. These items are too big to be lost. So, deal with them if you can accept your big belongings get lost.

Pricing: As other said, it comes to be double! They did not show us the weight displayed on the scale! They overestimated the weights of the items and charged us extra for some thing that never existed (such as stairs or long walk to truck). I complaint about the extra charge and they told me that we only accept our driver's report!

Wrapping by blanket: They came to my home only with 3 blankets!!! It means that the maximum number of the items that they can (partially!) wrap is 3! They are not committed to wrap all furniture as they promise in quotation.

Insurance claim: They estimated the weights of the lost items in a way that the insurance claim did not go beyond the deductible amount. Whatever you lost, you won't get even one cent back.

Kelly in Alliston
Kelly in Alliston
1 review New Tecumseth, ON

Out of province move

My husband dealt with Sharon from the beginning. Originally the time frame for our move was approximately 15 days which was perfect. We timed things so our stuff would arrive within a day or two of our arrival. Our stuff was picked up on October 21, 2016 from Calgary. The two guys were hard working and a pleasure to deal with. They were very kind and professional. We flew from Calgary to Moncton on Nov 7, 2016. My husband called Sharon upon our arrival only to find out our stuff was still in Calgary. Our new delivery date is Nov 21.
Our move was also triple the amount that was quoted. I understand the price reflects actual weight but triple our quote was definitely a surprise. I will update once our stuff has arrived.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Not good

They are nice on phone and emails and overall cheapest if you are moving from Alberta but as negative side for us they took almost a month to deliver, lost a few our things and punched a leather sofa.

Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Calgary?