Michael's Craft Store

Reviews for Michael's Craft Store

Leah Brown from Calgary
Leah Brown from Calgary

Home Remodel

I love shopping here! I had a few projects I wanted to do around the house and I found everything I needed art wise right here at Michaels!! I also love the staff, they are so friendly and helpful. I could spend hours looking at everything!

Allison Elliott from Calgary
Allison Elliott from Calgary

product

I went to michaels to get a frame made for a picture. i had been quoted for the same type of frame at many other places but the cost was outrageous. The staff at michaels were not only helpful but efficient in helping me.

JT from Calgary
JT from Calgary

Art frames

I went to Michael's in search for customized picture frame for a piece of original art I had. The representatives I talked to were extremely helpful in helping me choose a frame that would best complement the painting and my house. The service was very reliable and definitely worth the price that I paid. I'd definitely recommend Michael's if you needed something framed.

Rhiannon morse in Calgary
Rhiannon morse in Calgary

Wedding Crafts

I like Michaels however their staff could be a little more focused on customer service. I needed to pick up some paper for the place cards, and the first store I went to did not have enough of the paper I wanted. Instead of calling around for me, I ended up having to run around the city to find all the paper I needed. I find their prices expensive but they have so many sales, that you shouldn't ever have to buy anything regular price.

M. Stephen in Calgary
M. Stephen in Calgary
10 reviews CALGARY, AB

Craft / Organizer Units

I went to Michael's Craft Store to buy craft/organizer shelves that they had on their website. When I saw the quality and price of the units, I changed my mind and shopped elsewhere. I did buy some art canvas boards though.

The staff, when you can find them, are usually pleasant, but they don't seem to be very knowledgeable about their store or supplies. Further training would be a great idea.

It would also be nice if they acknowledged you when you walked in the door. Even if they are serving another customer, a nice "Hi, Welcome to Michael's" would be a good beginning. The only stores I know that say "Hi" to everyone when they enter their store is Urban Barn and 7-11. That's my favorite thing about those stores, they acknowledge your presence from the very beginning.

Michael's is a good store for most art supplies.

M. Stephen