Mason Man

Reviews for Mason Man

Michael Ren in Coeur D Alene
Michael Ren in Coeur D Alene
1 review Burlington, ON

Rebuild a wall (from an old patio entrance to mathc with the old one

George is a very quiet man, but at the end of my project, his work speaks for himself. I had closed up a patio door with a window. George told me the old bricks I had on the other wall were discontinued. In order to make the new wall look like the old wall, he told me he'd save some of my old bricks to mix with the new ones, so the new wall would look like the same as the old one. He did it. I'm very happy with his job.

Mike Fitzpatrick  from Burlington
Mike Fitzpatrick from Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Repairing a brick veneer wall in the front of our home

I contacted George to fix the bricks at the front of my house as they had pulled out of line because of a bent garage door frame. I sent George numerous pictures showing him the issue and explaining that the work needed to be done prior to a new garage door frame being installed next week. What I got was not of reasonable quality and the job was not completed properly. They filled the crack without realigning the bricks which makes it now impossible to install a straight garage door frame. If you are looking for professionalism I suggest another mason, he was less then helpful when I called to explain my dissatisfaction. He claimed I was at fault for not asking the proper questions and that my house was not worth the investment to repair and he then hung up on me.

In this circumstance, it was a misunderstanding of the custumer. This customer asked to have the cracks fixed in his wall, I had explained we could tuckpoint this,he had sent two pictures of these cracks. This is exactly what we repaired. He was under the understanding that we were going to straighten the entire wall so he could install a door. He asked for cracks to be repaired not a wall realignment. he assumed tuckpointing was straightening his doorjamb. A hint should have arose when saw a quote of $400, this is when you ask questions to ensure you understand your getting what you request, he misunderstood. Tuckpointing is a masonry repair technique of mortar joints not a wall realignmnent.

Looking for Masonry & Bricklaying pros in Burlington?