J & S Services

Plumbing
J & S Services

Reviews for J & S Services

Private User reviews Bond Head, ON

To complicated to explain to me what he did

It was -28 C outside and my furnace wasn't working.
He told me about the service charge just for coming to look.
Then he looked and told me the upfront cost was $333 but could be more depending on parts.
I signed the paper, It was too cold that February to argue.
I went upstairs and in about 5 minutes the furnace was working.
I went down and asked what he had done but was told it was too complicated and that I should vacuum out the chimney. He told me the cost was a total of $466.09. I was happy to have heat and assumed what he charged me must be fair.
A few years later I vacuumed the chimney and 3 days later the furnace stopped working again.
This time a workman showed me how to take a paperclip and clear the obstruction in the nipple that a plastic hose sits on. Not complicated at all.
In fact I figured this young man not only overcharged me, and tried to sell me their annual $200 maintenance package; but set it up to fail again when I cleaned the top chimney.

Private User reviews Caledon, ON

Clogged kitchen drain

We had a problem with a clogged kitchen drain and we are very satisfied with the service JS Home Services provided. Mike was very knowledgeable, polite and professional. He took the time to explain the work to us and was able to fix the problem quickly. We strongly recommend this company.

Peter in Markham
Peter in Markham
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Plumbing repair

We had a leaking toilet with a broken mounting flange. We wanted the toilet replaced. Mike from JS home services got us the new toilet, repaired the flange and installed the new toilet. He also disposed of our old toilet. Very professional, very friendly, very informative. Not the cheapest, but certainly top quality work. We are very pleased.

plumbing leaks

This company which previously was reliable has fallen dramatically in the quality of service. We have been members of their HAP program for several years...they offer 24/7 service as part of the plan....On friday May 17 we discovered a leak in the basement from the humidifer attached to the furnace...the saddle valve was seized and the only way to stop the water was to shut it off. A call went in and we were told they could not get to us for 7 days...they were busy!!!! really so we had no water for the weekend until we could find someone else. A call to Mgr. Murphy on the Tuesday resulted in big apologies....we are sorry this will never happen again....give us a chance to prove ourselves....okay fine....This Thursday another unrelated leak in the basement...something under the sink is leaking and it is wet above and below...this time we did shut the valve off...we called and Murphy says....very busy Friday....but for sure ...for sure...absolutely someone will be there Saturday afternoon.....Saturnday at 1pm someone calls and says no one is coming.....impossible I say...get Murphy on the line. Cannot do that ...he is not working today.....Enough said....terrible service...so much for 24/7 service. We ARE DONE J and S.

plumbing inspection

We have a plan with J and S...so a heating and plumbing inspection is included... Mike R. came out today and was extremely pleasant and informative....We have a had a hammer noise from the kitchen hot water and Mike spent considerable time trying to remedy the issue..and was for the most part successful in doing so.....He seemed to take great pride in satisfying the customer....very refreshing....thanks Mike...

Tony B in Newmarket
Tony B in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Tap and shut offs

Sam provided excellent service, explained all or options and was thorough, tidy, clean, courteous and completed the work to our satisfaction. this was our second time using J&S and would highly recommend this company

Private User reviews Aurora, ON

Sewage line issue

I hired J and S on the weekend to auger and inspect my blocked sewer line. I paid was $640 which was suppose to include a camera inspection. However the service provider didn't have access to the camera on a Sunday. The line clogged again on Monday and I called J and S back. They told me I had not paid for both. I told the call taker I had paid 640 dollars cash. She said she has a receipt submitted by the plumber for a smaller amount around $500 which she said was a regular rate. I took a photo of the bill with the $640. She said they don't take cash usually. She talked to her
manager and J and S Came back on Monday. The plumber said the line is full again and he needed to charge me for another auger. I said I paid $640 for an auger and camera. I also said that the girl on the phone said a normal charge is less than $640. The plumber said it's normally more then $640. I was confused but sgreed to pay another 100 plus dollars taking my total to close to $800. The other issue I had was that the plumber told me to replace the line was 200 dollars a foot and I had 64 feet. 200 times 64 is $12,800. When the quote was put in writing it was for $28,500. J and S pricing is not consistent and seems expensive for the services provided. I would not recommend this company.

kskalkos from Toronto
kskalkos from Toronto
4 reviews York Regional Municipality, ON

Plumbing. Replace toilet and a tap for the laundry tub

They charge by the job with no break down in their invoicing. I foolishly paid $1760.00 for a tap replacement for the laundry tub, a toilet, and a shut off valve ($249.00). I have since contacted J & S to have a proper invoice sent to me with the breakdown in items with the cost - I will post later. Their service team were exceptional but I have to wonder how little they are paid by a company that gouges the unknowing consumer. They were quick to respond to my issue and explained the $40 service charge up front which I believed at the time would mean that I had made the right choice for service. Please do more research when contacting a plumber, I would not recommend this company.

Lori Harrison from Newmarket
Lori Harrison from Newmarket
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Central Air Conditioning Repair

Nicole who I talked to on the phone was polite with a pleasant telephone manner. She worked me in on short notice. I left special instructions for entry which were followed. Nicole phoned back and told me when the service worker would arrive. The technician Brennan was very knowledgeable and found the problem quickly. He proceeded to fix the problem while keeping me informed each step of the way. Brennan was polite and respectful. He explained about other services they offer as well. He was helpful and not pushy and answered all of my questions. He tested that everything was working properly before he left. What a relief to have cool air again on such a hot day. I was very pleased with this company and would recommend them to others.

Petar in Gormley
Petar in Gormley
4 reviews Pickering, ON

Water treatment replacement

I decided to go with J&S because they seemd most knowledgable and professional. Overall, the whole project went well and all the issues were resolved fairly quickly. J&S are very fast to send someone out if there is a problem.