Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc.

55 Denison St. Markham ON L3R 1B5
Stair Builders
Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc.

Reviews for Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc.

Nelson
Nelson

Stairs

I had a quote done on my stairs from two companies and Goldwood Stairs gave me a much more reasonable price and the time it would take to complete the job was much shorter causing less disruption to our usual schedule. The job was done professionally and their work was high quality. The workers have high standards which ensured that the stairs would be done properly. We were happy when the job was finished and very satisfied with how it turned out. The stairs blended very well with the colour of our floors. And when the job was done the workers cleaned up without leaving us a mess. I would highly recommend Goldwood Stairs

Nelson, thank you for choosing Goldwood! It was a pleasure working with you.

percibas in Markham
percibas in Markham

New Stairs Contstructed from Scratch in Old Home

We had a very old staircase that was extremeley slanted and lopsided right when you enter our house, up to the second floor. Was a real eye sore. I wasnt sure how they would fix these stairs but Lin and his team are all stars. They removed the old staircase, built the new one from scratch and its all level and beautiful now. I am very glad i went with Goldwood. They were detailed, careful and their work speaks for itself. Take a look at my pictures and you will see how great this came out!

Hi Sergio, thank you for your review and great photos of your stairs. We are very happy to hear your positive feedback and meeting your expectations!

Silvio
Silvio

Basement stair and railing

I have very specific taste and provided some custom details. Communication was great and I had confidence that Lin could execute to my specifications. A custom metal railing was also added which is not something they normally do but they were willing to find someone who could meet the design. Final product is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you Silvio for taking the time to provide us a review. It was very fun to work with you and are happy that we were able to meet your design!

edwin.cj.chan
edwin.cj.chan

Stairs

Dealing with different trades day in and out, this is the company went above and beyond to service the customer. Great workmanship, reasonable prices.

Hi Edwin, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your business and hope to work with you in the future!

Replaced carpet on stairs and in hallway and bedroom with hardwood

Visited the Goldwood premises and checked them out on Homestars. Got what I considered a reasonable quote for the work required, so decided to proceed with them. Workers arrived on day and time specified and job took 3 days as estimated with anywhere from 2 to 5 workers on site. Their work was meticulous, they matched new hardwood to existing, cleaned up every day, were pleasant and polite. Although communication in English was a bit challenging. Stairs were accessible every day (this is a 3 storey townhouse) except for the final hour when the varnish was wet. I've already recommended them to a friend.

Dawn, thank you for taking the time to write this review and for referring your friend! We really enjoyed working with you as well. Have yourself a great long weekend.

Hardwood stairs and flooring project

Goldwood did a fantastic job in putting in hardwood on two flights of stairs and laying hardwood on our upstairs hallway to match existing hardwood downstairs. Their quote was the most competitive among the 3 I obtained, they finished the job on schedule in just 3 days - some of my quotes were for 2 weeks. I was really happy with their work - Jenny and Markie were great, and always responsive with answers to my questions. They took care to match the stain of the hardwood as closely as possible to what we already had, and considered my needs and costs in all the suggestions they made. Lin and his team were very efficient, and open to what I wanted. They switched to a high gloss varnish when I wasn't happy with the matte one, and came back after the job was completed to do some needed touch-ups and fix an issue with our carpet. Would definitely hire them again!

Sharmilla, thank you for taking the time to leave us this kind and detailed review. I'm sure your feedback would be valuable to future homeowners looking to do a home Reno. It was a pleasure working you for you and we are very happy to have met your expectations.

Frances
Frances
1 review Oshawa, ON

Custom stairs

The contractors finished the project in 2 days and did a fantastic job, while other companies quoted a much higher price with a timeline of 5 days.

Thank you for your kind review Frances! Very happy you enjoy the stairs!

lucaszeng0416
lucaszeng0416

staircase installation

Lin constructed this staircase from scratch. We are beyond satisfied with the end result! Absolutely stunning.. he is truly a professional. We definitely recommend Goldwood for any staircase needs. Workmanship speaks for itself!

Thanks Lucas for taking the time to review our work. Seems like your stairs photo did not upload... haha

Home Renovation

I was recommended to Goldwood by a friend. I had no doubt that GW could do the job, as I've see my friend's beautiful stairs, but when I requested for a quote, I was very surprised to see how competitive their pricing was for the construction. Definitely a hidden gem, their showroom is just north of the city, but offered free estimation, and came to the house whenever necessary - it made our renovation process an ease. We got metal spindles, and refinished our curve staircase. LOVE OUR NEW STAIRS! Thank you Lin and Marki!

Thank you Lauren for your business! We are so glad that you enjoy your new stairs.

carinalin09
carinalin09

floor renovatio

This is my second renovation with Goldwood Stairs. I have used Lin’s team on my first home 5 years ago. After moving to my new home this year, I immediately thought of Goldwood to refinish my stairs and upstairs flooring. Once again, they did not disappoint, and exceeded our expectation. Quick turnaround and excellent craftsmanship. Pleasure working with you all again!

Thank you for hiring Goldwood again for your second home renovation! Our pleasure to work with you, Carina.

More about Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc.

Goldwood Stairs is a family owned business located in Markham. We are a solid wood stairs factory, providing customized stairs production and stairs installation services. We welcome contractors, builders and home owners, for all customize staircase needs.

With over 10 years of experience within our field, we guarantee to provide the most effortless renovation experience! Feel free to contact us for a free online and in home quotation.

SERVICE AREAS:
* RE-NEW HANDRAIL
* CONSTRUCTING BRAND NEW CUSTOMIZED HANDRAIL
* CONSTRUCTING BRAND NEW STAIRCASE
* FLOOR INSTALLATION

We do the job, you enjoy it!