Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc.

55 Denison St. Markham ON L3R 1B5

Stair Builders
Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc.

Best of 2021 winner 5 timesBest of 2021winner 5 times

Reviews for Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc.

David
David

Staircase

Requested for quotes from 3 different contractors. Goldwood Stairs had the most reasonable & competitive quote. One firm had ask what type of wood is underneath the carpet which would I would not bother finding out. Goldwood sent Lin to measure a a quote was provided. No hassle. They provided advise on the best stain color to match the railings but it turned out the stain of blended well with the railings and hardwood floor, as the floor is a red wood oak. They were efficient. It took 2 days to finish and they left the place clean & tidy after. Thank you Goldwood.

Lana from Mississauga
Lana from Mississauga

Basement stair refinish

I used Goldwood stairs over 8 years ago for my main floor staircase and was so pleased with the work that when I decided to finish my basement stairs I didn't hesitate to call them again. I had carpeted the old staircase and was looking to retread it with a colour to match my current ground floor wood and basement floor laminate. Worked with Marki to decide on the details and pick the stain colour etc. I liked how the quote used the same estimating approach as before, and while the costs are higher than from many years ago, I found the price still reasonable and I knew what to expect with each line item called out. The team of 3 were prompt and efficient and I was left with a beautiful
staircase and matching handrail exactly as I'd asked. Lin and his team finished the work in approx. 4 hours, cleaned up everything and my house was back to normal in less than a day. Marki, Lin and team were excellent to work with and produced excellent results. I highly recommend them.

Hannah
Hannah

Modern wood stairs beautifully detailed

We had Goldwood replace our stairs this past July. The stairs were reasonably priced and installed quickly. I appreciated Lin's attention to detail and ability to construct key junctures of materials as per my request. There was even a miscommunication on the stair finish, but Goldwood rectified it quickly. Goldwood also gave us extra stain at no cost for future repairs. Our stairs look beautiful and I would definitely work with Goldwood again.

Private User reviews Newmarket, ON

Oak stairs

They provided excellent service stair parts and quality workmanship for stair and railing. The provided timely installation services and I would not hesitate to she them on my next project.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Stairs renovation

The work was very nicely done. Goldwood stairs has a responsible and skillful team. Highly recommend!

averilmc
averilmc
0 reviews Pickering, ON

Staircase

Great service. Very efficient and on time
Thanks to Markee for her efficiency. Workers did a fabulous job.

r. v. in Toronto
r. v. in Toronto
4 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

staircase replacement

Our recently purchased bungalow had a poorly installed partially-circular staircase. The three triangular steps were dangerously narrow and the risers throughout were not code compliant. Following a careful research for the right company to correct the problem, we hired Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc. From the initial contact and consultation to receiving a new design and competitive quote, it was a pleasure to deal with the company.  They were prompt to get back to us and answered all our questions and concerns. The removal of the old stairs and the installation of the redesigned staircase and much improved railings on both sides of the adjacent walls all went without a hitch. We are entirely satisfied and happy with the excellent result. Thanks go to Elena and Lin and their respective teams. Therefore, we would most highly recommend this company for all staircase and railing-related projects.

2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Stairs renovation

Goldwood did an excellent job for us. From the quoting stage to the finished product, they were very professional in all aspects of the operation. We highly recommend them, and would not hesitate to hire them again.

Rick in Toronto
Rick in Toronto
4 reviews Pickering, ON

Open Staircase Renovation

We hired Goldwood Stairs to renovate our oak staircase in April 2021.

We went out and received three quotes. Goldwood, Elena specifically, presented their estimates very professionally and used a methodology that clearly indicated they were very experienced, their quote was the only one of the three that broke down the job into it's individual elements so we could clearly see what each element cost. All three quotes were initially done virtually via pictures. When the respective companies came to do the in-person estimate Goldwood's was the only one which did not materially increase. Their price was competitive from the beginning and was even more competitive after the in-person quotes came back.

Goldwood gave us a start date and duration (10 days) for the job and showed up and completed on schedule. Terry was the onsite leader and he was obviously very experienced. He was extremely patient with our indecision regarding stain color and spindle design choices. The crew was very diligent, skilled and accommodating. Our staircase goes from the basement to the second floor and required significant sanding, the crew taped up everything possible to minimize the mess and cleaned-up after the fact. They demonstrated an attention to detail and conscientious desire for customer satisfaction the entire job duration.

We're thrilled with how the job turned out and have no hesitation recommending Goldwood. Before and After pictures attached.

Ketty in Toronto
Ketty in Toronto

Railing installation

I’m a designer and have been using Goldwood Stairs for a couple of my projects. Very happy with their service! They supplied and installed railings for two of my projects and my clients absolutely loved it!!!

Elena was very helpful in providing product knowledge and very quick to respond to emails.

The lead time to produce the railings was shorter than expected, which met my project timelines.

I had a small issue with the install but it was rectified in a very timely manor. I would definitely use them again in my future projects!

More about Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc.

Goldwood Stairs is a family owned business located in Markham. We are a solid wood stairs factory, providing customized stairs production and stairs installation services. We welcome contractors, builders and home owners, for all customize staircase needs.

With over 10 years of experience within our field, we guarantee to provide the most effortless renovation experience! Feel free to contact us for a free online and in home quotation.

SERVICE AREAS:
* RE-NEW HANDRAIL
* CONSTRUCTING BRAND NEW CUSTOMIZED HANDRAIL
* CONSTRUCTING BRAND NEW STAIRCASE
* FLOOR INSTALLATION

We do the job, you enjoy it!