Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc.

Stair Builders
55 Denison St. Markham ON L3R 1B5
HomeStars  >  Stair Builders in Markham  >  Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc.

Reviews for Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc.

Yan
Yan

New stairs installation

Thank you Goldwood and the team for an amazing job on remodelling our staircase. We recently purchased this home and had a straight set of staircase that was extremely old, and wanted to give it a new look. Lin and the team designed a curved open riser staircase. The workmanship was beyond our expectation with competitive pricing. I would recommend this company for any staircase needs!

Stairs project

I had an old spiral staircase from top to bottom of the house, built in the 80's. Really dated. Built out of plywood, with carpeted steps. Goldwood came in and replaced it entirely with nice hardwood and beautiful spindles. Looks amazing. Matched the colour to my hardwood floor very well too. They offered excellent customer service in their showroom, did the job on time, little mess, great workmanship and a very fair price. I would highly recommend them.

Satisfied C.
Satisfied C.

New stairs

Goldwood delivered and installed a beautiful set of stairs all in one day. Incredibly impressed by the workmanship.

Busy lady from Toronto
Busy lady from Toronto

Subcontractors ruined the experience

Job was done fall 2017. This was my THIRD time using Goldwood. I had a great experience the first 2x. This time a subcontractor was used, and service and quality went downhill. Newly installed baseboards were marked up, caulking had gaps. Torn up old hardwood floor was strewn across front lawn, until I complained to owner Markie. The old crew treated their work like gold and were careful. . Subcontractors didn't care. Minor chips on new floor after installations. Would never use again.

Thank you for your review. We are sorry for your experience, and will take further measures to investigate into this. We would like to emphasize that we only partner with a select few certified subcontractors for our flooring jobs, as our in-house crew primarily specialize on Staircases. That being said, it is still our #1 priority to ensure that as our projects expand we are still maintaining the same level of service and quality as we have delivered in the past regardless of the category of work. We appreciate your feedback, and will use this to evaluate our certified flooring subcontractor list.

Raffaele Marchione from Whitby
Raffaele Marchione from Whitby
4 reviews Whitby, ON

New Oak Stairs and Iron Spindles

Lin and his team were amazing! In and out in 4 days. They were professional, courteous and polite. We could not be happier with the work they performed and our new stairs! Thanks so much!

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your business, and look forward to working with you again, Raffaele!

Omar in Toronto
Omar in Toronto

Custom Stairs treads Main and Basement A+++++

I have been doing a lot of home renovations to get my home to be my dream home and this was one of the last renos needing to be done. Hearing all the horror stories in the news makes it really nerve racking to get the right company for the job. I came to Homestars to read reviews and there's a lot of companies to choose from.

One thing that stood out to me about Goldwood Stairs is they got the award for 2014 so that won me over that if they got an award 3 years ago and are still around it must say a lot about their company. I emailed about 10 companies on homestars and I got some outrageous quotes for what I wanted to get done that there is no way I would've entertained those quotes. Not a single company even wanted to come out to give a free estimate. Out of all the companies I called I didn't get through to a live person I got all answering machines so for this reno it seems you have to email pictures to give them an idea and some companies were much more prompt to reply to emails than voice mails. Goldwood replied with a quote that was in my budget and realistically what I was wanting to spend. I was very happy because this was the company that had originally won me over from all the great review. The owner himself came promptly when he said he would do an in home estimate as well where I assumed the price would be increased from the quote to suck every extra penny they could get but in actual fact they stayed true to the quote which I was really impressed and relieved.

I also did some reading on google reviews and people said that they had a hard time booking an appointment but for me it was really easy and the owner himself came to give the in home estimate and he was very prompt on the dot he said 1pm and he was there exactly 1pm. Their English may not be the best but communication was very he because he understood everything I said.

I was very shocked that the email quote and in person quote where the same and it sounded too good to be true compared to the other companies I contacted that I decided to them them my basement stairs as well to do. So we agreed on the price and I was so happy because the basement stairs and main stairs together came up to cheaper than the other companies for the main stairs alone.

When it came to installation day they came the day they said they would. They started at 10:30 am they said one day for the main stairs and one day for the basement stairs. I originally had carpet on both stairs. They should up with all the threads and risers they look like unpainted / raw finished stairs. I was a little nervous because I thought they would've had these things stained prior to showing up. I was wondering if something got lost in communication and I got worried that oh no this is going to turn out to a whole weeks project. 2 workers showed up by the way for the job and I asked them why the stairs hadn't been stained prior to showing up. The gentleman was nice and said they would stain them all and then install them. This worked out in my favor because they got to mix the stain right in front of me and my wife and when they showed her the color the stain was going to be my wife was soooooo happy because they did a perfect job matching the color of the hardwood floor exact right away me and my wife knew we got our money's worth and more. The owner has said he could match the floor 95% but he did 100% I think he said that just incase but his company did an exact match.

While one worker was pulling out the carpet and preparing the stairs the other gentleman was staining the threads and risers. The work was very prompt. The whole time the workers were polite and courteous. Never once did I feel like the workers were slacking or didn’t want to be here. Never once did I feel like I’m just another paycheck to them. I honestly felt like they were giving me a job that they would be proud to have in their homes as well. I observed sometimes where they workers would fit the step and they were looking at It and they could’ve passed it off and no one would notice but they took it back and trimmed it some more till they got perfection.

Me and my wife are more than happy with the job we got done we honestly can’t believe this is our home. It feels like a model home now. The company’s workman ship is perfection and more than what me and my wife could’ve ever asked for. The workers were prompt, polite and their turnaround time was incredible. I would recommend this company to anyone, family and friends!

fd03nz in Toronto
fd03nz in Toronto

Excellent staircase and flooring installation

I found goldwoodstairs on homestars and I'm very satisfied with their fine detailed and professional craftwork. I would like to give them score 10+. Since I first met Marki. She and her team had provided friendly and outstanding services with caring, detailed oriented and enthusiasm in rebuilding my stairs and laminate floor. They helped fix problems, built a strong long lasting staircase in the best way, and they listened carefully to what I want. The laminate team also did a fantastic job. They fixed all my problems and conquered all challenges at all corners by considering my ideas. Last but not least, Marki and her team took care of all garbage and cleaned all waste before they leave. They respect homeowner and left nothing worried behind. I would strongly recommended goldwoodstairs!

jeanwynne in Markham
jeanwynne in Markham

Staircase renewal

We thank your company for an amazing job. We are very pleased with the workmanship and the expertise of your staff. Our staircase looks beautiful and the price was very reasonable.

Evan K. in Stouffville
Evan K. in Stouffville
1 review , ON

Stairs and Floor Reno

New home - referred to Goldwood by a friend to construct a brand-new open concept staircase. Working with Lin and his crew was the easiest experience, and they made our renovation process so convenient. They really know what they are doing, and had great workmanship throughout.

Thank you for your kind review, Evan - it was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for sharing photos of your project!

rosecampo in Mississauga
rosecampo in Mississauga
1 review Kettleby, ON

Beautiful Staircase!!!

I was extremely satisfied with the end product. Their workmanship was fantastic, they completed the jog on time and they were very professional. They cleaned up their mess daily, and recommended a stain that I truly love. I would recommend this company to anyone who needs to rebuild their staircase from scratch.

We are so glad you enjoy your staircase and our work! Thank you for your kind words.

More about Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc.

Goldwood Stairs is a family owned business located in Markham. We are a solid wood stairs factory, providing customized stairs production and stairs installation services. We welcome contractors, builders and home owners, for all customize staircase needs.

With over 10 years of experience within our field, we guarantee to provide the most effortless renovation experience! Feel free to contact us for a free online and in home quotation.

SERVICE AREAS:
* RE-NEW HANDRAIL
* CONSTRUCTING BRAND NEW CUSTOMIZED HANDRAIL
* CONSTRUCTING BRAND NEW STAIRCASE
* FLOOR INSTALLATION

We do the job, you enjoy it!