Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc.

Stair Builders
55 Denison St. Markham ON L3R 1B5
HomeStars  >  Stair Builders in Markham  >  Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc.

Reviews for Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc.

Frances
Frances
1 review Oshawa, ON

Custom stairs

The contractors finished the project in 2 days and did a fantastic job, while other companies quoted a much higher price with a timeline of 5 days.

Thank you for your kind review Frances! Very happy you enjoy the stairs!

lucaszeng0416
lucaszeng0416

staircase installation

Lin constructed this staircase from scratch. We are beyond satisfied with the end result! Absolutely stunning.. he is truly a professional. We definitely recommend Goldwood for any staircase needs. Workmanship speaks for itself!

Thanks Lucas for taking the time to review our work. Seems like your stairs photo did not upload... haha

Home Renovation

I was recommended to Goldwood by a friend. I had no doubt that GW could do the job, as I've see my friend's beautiful stairs, but when I requested for a quote, I was very surprised to see how competitive their pricing was for the construction. Definitely a hidden gem, their showroom is just north of the city, but offered free estimation, and came to the house whenever necessary - it made our renovation process an ease. We got metal spindles, and refinished our curve staircase. LOVE OUR NEW STAIRS! Thank you Lin and Marki!

Thank you Lauren for your business! We are so glad that you enjoy your new stairs.

carinalin09
carinalin09

floor renovatio

This is my second renovation with Goldwood Stairs. I have used Lin’s team on my first home 5 years ago. After moving to my new home this year, I immediately thought of Goldwood to refinish my stairs and upstairs flooring. Once again, they did not disappoint, and exceeded our expectation. Quick turnaround and excellent craftsmanship. Pleasure working with you all again!

Thank you for hiring Goldwood again for your second home renovation! Our pleasure to work with you, Carina.

jay in Markham
jay in Markham

Outstanding jobs

Got a new set of straight staircase installed for our unfinished basement. The process was very simple and convenient. Got a rough quote via email, and got the guys to come give a free estimate. They have done a lot of new staircase remodelling jobs. The staircase is built at their local factory in Markham, and we got to visit in-person to check out Lin’s workmanship… would recommend to anyone looking to get their stairs redone!

Thanks Jay! We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new basement.

Yan
Yan

New stairs installation

Thank you Goldwood and the team for an amazing job on remodelling our staircase. We recently purchased this home and had a straight set of staircase that was extremely old, and wanted to give it a new look. Lin and the team designed a curved open riser staircase. The workmanship was beyond our expectation with competitive pricing. I would recommend this company for any staircase needs!

Thanks for your kind review Yan!

Stairs project

I had an old spiral staircase from top to bottom of the house, built in the 80's. Really dated. Built out of plywood, with carpeted steps. Goldwood came in and replaced it entirely with nice hardwood and beautiful spindles. Looks amazing. Matched the colour to my hardwood floor very well too. They offered excellent customer service in their showroom, did the job on time, little mess, great workmanship and a very fair price. I would highly recommend them.

We really appreciate your kind review!

Satisfied
Satisfied

New stairs

Goldwood delivered and installed a beautiful set of stairs all in one day. Incredibly impressed by the workmanship.

Thanks Michelle for hiring us for your staircase job! Pleasure working with you.

Busy lady from Toronto
Busy lady from Toronto

Subcontractors ruined the experience

Job was done fall 2017. This was my THIRD time using Goldwood. I had a great experience the first 2x. This time a subcontractor was used, and service and quality went downhill. Newly installed baseboards were marked up, caulking had gaps. Torn up old hardwood floor was strewn across front lawn, until I complained to owner Markie. The old crew treated their work like gold and were careful. . Subcontractors didn't care. Minor chips on new floor after installations. Would never use again.

Thank you for your review. We are sorry for your experience, and will take further measures to investigate into this. We would like to emphasize that we only partner with a select few certified subcontractors for our flooring jobs, as our in-house crew primarily specialize on Staircases. That being said, it is still our #1 priority to ensure that as our projects expand we are still maintaining the same level of service and quality as we have delivered in the past regardless of the category of work. We appreciate your feedback, and will use this to evaluate our certified flooring subcontractor list.

Raffaele Marchione from Whitby
Raffaele Marchione from Whitby
4 reviews Whitby, ON

New Oak Stairs and Iron Spindles

Lin and his team were amazing! In and out in 4 days. They were professional, courteous and polite. We could not be happier with the work they performed and our new stairs! Thanks so much!

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your business, and look forward to working with you again, Raffaele!

More about Goldwood Stairs & Floor Inc.

Goldwood Stairs is a family owned business located in Markham. We are a solid wood stairs factory, providing customized stairs production and stairs installation services. We welcome contractors, builders and home owners, for all customize staircase needs.

With over 10 years of experience within our field, we guarantee to provide the most effortless renovation experience! Feel free to contact us for a free online and in home quotation.

SERVICE AREAS:
* RE-NEW HANDRAIL
* CONSTRUCTING BRAND NEW CUSTOMIZED HANDRAIL
* CONSTRUCTING BRAND NEW STAIRCASE
* FLOOR INSTALLATION

We do the job, you enjoy it!