Daryl Johnson Masonry

Reviews for Daryl Johnson Masonry

Kingsley in Toronto
Kingsley in Toronto
17 reviews North York, ON

Brick on front of carport to match the house

A perfection in his own right - it has to be done to suit him or rip it apart and do it again. he matched the brick to 60 year old brick amazingly well. Worked hard and cleaned up well. had a logistic problem and did not like how it looked so took down about half the bricks as he was not satisfied with the look. punctual well spoken and said he would show up on Tuesday and did. the job cleaned up well and looks great. he has a great deal of expertise, and great design ideas. You won't go wrong hiring this company

Deirdre from Toronto
Deirdre from Toronto

Replacement of brick around window to door conversion.

Daryl was very professional and flexible. We were able to meet to discuss aspects of the job on the go, he was always punctual. He shared his expertise and went the extra mile to find an almost exact match for the replacements bricks for our house (built 1950's).
On the day that Daryl and his associate came to do the job they were great, including leaving the area cleaner than the way the found it. This is much appreciated by me since we have two great danes that are in area constantly and this meant I didn't have to worry about cement on their paws or my wood floors. Thanks so much Daryl and team.

Domenic in Maple
Domenic in Maple

Exterior Brickwork

Great company do deal with right from the start. Daryl was one of the only companies that came out to actually see the problem we had (water leaking inside house from bricks that had become loose) and also followed up a few weeks later after a rainfall to ensure that the problem was fixed. Thank you Daryl and crew for a job well done !!!

Augustine from Markham
Augustine from Markham

Tuck pointing

This last winter has made a lot of cracks between the bricks on the exterior wall around the house. I called around to get estimates. Most came and did the inspection while I was at work and got the estimate by email. I met with Daryl one day 8am and was able to talk to him and showed him the cracks. He emailed me his estimate a few days later. Two of his guys came out on a Saturday morning and completed the repair by the afternoon. They had to put up scaffolding to get to the second floor and near the roof. Overall I am satisfied with their work and would recommend Daryl and his team.

thank you very much didnt forget you daryl

pascal in Thornhill
pascal in Thornhill
2 reviews Thornhill, ON

bricks wall

Not easy to do, Bricks wall to remove inside the house.
You can trust Daryl, he is Very professional , 5 stars and A+
Daryl and his partner came in the morning on time...

Terry  from Oakville
Terry from Oakville

Chimney Repair

Darryl's company and his people were very courteous, did a great job and came in 75% less then a competing quote, yes that is right, 75%. they did what they said they would do and there were no surprise "extra" costs.

Su-Eong Cheah from Toronto
Su-Eong Cheah from Toronto

Window sill and chimney cap replacement, brick repair and some tuck pointing

I hired Daryl to replace 5 window sills, 1 chimney cap, some bad bricks, and do some spot point repairs.

Daryl returned my calls, did the work in a timely manner, and overall I was satisfied with their work.

thank you so much if theres anything more give ma a call i will give a good price Daryl

Christine Parris from Toronto
Christine Parris from Toronto

Front Step Brick Laying

Our front step was falling apart and made the front of our house look terrible. We were sourcing professionals and was recommended to Daryl. We found him to be very attentive, bringing by large samples for approval. He was on-time, very neat and over delivered on our expectations. The quality of work is excellent, price was fair most importantly his attention to detail was outstanding!

Very hard to find honest hard working contractors, I would highly recommend Daryl and his team for any masonry work.

Darryl
Darryl
5 reviews Thornhill, ON

Front Porch and Brick Work

My wife had been asking me to enhance our front entranceway. After a rough winter and seeing the bricks on the side of my house crumbling, I decided it was time to take action. I called 4 different masonry companies researched on Homestars. 3 of the 4 companies came back to me with estimates starting from $25K to $40K, all well out of my budget. I called Daryl (DJ Mason) who came by the house at the designated time and quoted me literally thousands of dollars below the lowest quote & more or less in line with my budget. The scope of work was to chip out the damaged brick, insert concrete block & parge, reuse & relay the existing interlocking stone for the entrance, replacing some damaged block & lay down stone on the front porch.

Daryl said to leave it up to him to find the right colours and I did. He could not have found a better colour to match up everything than if he built the house himself. During the course of the repair & reno, he told me he thought he could get new interlocking that would match up with my existing driveway & to leave him with the decision to do something other than parge the new block as he wanted the entrance to look attractive.

Not only did he find once again find the perfect interlocking stone for us but the way he chipped out the stone used on the porch to fit under the brick was pure genius. Because he was doing such an amazing job and things were looking really good, I made another change & told him I did not want to use the existing block for steps but we would pick out new rock for the stairs.

So we found a great match to everything and for a few thousand dollars more than originally planned on, we have a gorgeous entranceway as you can see from the pictures.

Not only was Daryl's price so extremely reasonable, he was extremely easy to work with, helpful, courteous, meticulous and a true craftsman.

I would highly recommend this man to anyone who is looking for a knowledgeable and skilled professional. He is more than fair and reasonable and will leave behind work that all who see will have nothing but positive comments to make. I definitely would have no problem asking him to come back for other projects.

Larry from Richmond Hill
Larry from Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Minor Brick Repair

I met Daryl while he was doing a renovation for my neighbor and I had asked him to inspect some minor brick/mortar deterioration at the side of my home. Daryl gave an honest assessment, did the repair that was needed and I was very happy with the result. Daryl and his team are friendly, hard working and operate with the utmost integrity. I would definitely recommend Daryl and his team for any brick and masonry needs.

More about Daryl Johnson Masonry

Daryl Johnson Masonry – a Scarborough based company specializing Brick, Stone and block work, repairs and restoration, Tuckpointing, concrete steps, chimney repairs, etc. With over 25 years in the industry –Daryl Jonson Masonry provides our clients with a team of specially chosen, qualified individuals dedicated to bringing you the highest ...
Looking for Masonry & Bricklaying pros in Etobicoke?