ClutterBGone

Organizing Products & Services

Reviews for ClutterBGone

J Freise from Toronto

Charged extra time without approval, charged for time when late, spent six weeks on the bedroom and refused to move on, items(cheques) were moved and difficult to find, refused to move into the basement until bedroom was finished, brought material BACK into bedroom after removed, so much it was difficult to get into bed, wanted to bring in a dumpster, totally unwarranted and unecessary, wanted to bring in air quality consultant, refused at first to work in basement because of air quality, wanted to send all clothing to laundry because of some moths found, made sexist comment about men bring involved as I was, did not respond to concerns I had expressss, lead didnot leave for emergency, understood she left to start competing business, replacement workday start opening packages of personal notes without first discussing causing stress, could not attend a session and returned to find a box of books marked for donation that we had not approved. We wanted a personal service that lived up to its promise and commitment of respect. We were highly motivated to get this work done which is why we persisted. It finally became so impersonal and stressful we stopped. It ultimately felt like a vioation in our home and the opposite of the experience we envisioned.

My wife found Clutterbegone to provide help in organizing our home. After talking with Linda, I was 100% supportive and enthusiastic to work with her.

Unfortunately, what promised to be a rewarding personalized service turned out to be a churning turnover of staff with distant supervision, becoming prohibitively expensive and corporate feeling.

Linda arrived at the house, contract in hand and thereafter, hardly saw her again. Instead of having Linda working hand in hand with us, she provided not one, but two staff at a combined rate of about $600 for four hours.

We committed to the project and it began with our full commitment.

Over time, the benefit of continuity was lost due to frequent turnover of staff. Their rule, of not moving to any other area of the house until it was finished, became restrictive and ultimately a very expensive proposition. They refused to move on until the smallest of details was addressed, including sorting out my wife's jewelry. My request to move on to areas more in need were refused. Common sense in priorities was lost.

Changes in staff resulted in changes in approach and, what started as a cooperative endeavor, turned, at times, to bullying.

At one point a leader told me that men don't usually take an interest in furniture, responding to my involvement and expressed concerns about the need for a dresser.

When Linda showed up, it was during working time, stopping work in progress as she spoke in platitudes, time we were paying for.

We started with high expectations and it all sounded good. We were willing to pay a high price for progress. I looked forward to working with Linda. unfortunately, I was left feeling disappointed with a sense that Clutterbegone is about squeezing the most fees out of the client and that the process is stretched out and dragged out, not for the benefit of the client.

Too bad, because we were 100% in at the start.

Hi Jerry, thank you and I appreciate your comments. It has been over a year since your last session with us and when I last spoke with your wife in February, 2016 I received no feedback regarding disappointment with our service or our team so I am surprised by this. I do recognize that a change of lead organizer is never ideal and is extremely rare (in fact this has only occurred twice in 6 years), however as you may recall, in this situation a personal emergency necessitated a change to another lead on our team. This was in fact the only change of lead throughout your sessions and I do acknowledge this was disappointing but out of our control unfortunately. As we discussed at the onset, de-cluttering and ultimately creating an organized, healthy space that is easily maintained requires that a completed system of organization be implemented before moving to another space. An example would be that of a landscaper coming to design your backyard and then moving to your front yard before the back is completed. I welcome a chat with you directly about this Jerry and only wish that we had an opportunity to discuss this directly earlier on so we could have remedied the situation to your satisfaction at that time. You can reach me at 905-642-5669.

Lisa in Toronto

Everything about my experience was excellent. Owner Linda met with me and we talked about my needs, then her team, Michele and Tamara sorted through all my belongings and packed me up for my move. They were so efficient and looked after everything! Michele and Tamara were positive and cheerful, and also understood that moving can be a stressful and emotional time. I appreciated their sensitivity and patience. I would highly recommend ClutterBGone to anyone.

Lisa, we were all very happy to have made this a much smoother move for you and trust that you'll feel much better in your new surroundings!

kstem

Linda came to meet me and to assess what I'd need for the job of getting my house in shape. After a very thorough, detailed and professional assessment, I was sent Michelle who was going to be the lead job coordinator. Michelle has been AMAZING and works very fast - HIGHLY recommended, especially when she is paired with Tamara. I call them 'the dream team". So far I've had my office, dressing room/closets and my 3 children's rooms done. To do such a thorough

Thanks Karen! It was a pleasure working with you!

VS23

Our project started once our move was complete, Linda (the owner) was very professional and helpful. She showed us how to maximize our cellar which we use for storage and our drawers in my bedroom. I now notice putting away laundry is a lot easier and a lot faster. She helped educate us on how to utilize our space a little better for example our bathroom products and my make-up products. The most important place of all (the kitchen) was very limited in storage space mainly food storage but somehow we able to organize and categorize items to allow for a lot more room. Having Linda come in has saved us a lot of time in the mornings and has showed how effective orangizing your home can be. THANK YOU CLUTTER B GONE.

It was my pleasure. We always enjoy the challenge of creating and maximizing space where it appears there is none. Happy you are saving time in the mornings!

Renee
1 review Pickering, ON

Linda and her team were so professional and easy to work with. I am THRILLED with the results! My kitchen and home office look amazing and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Everything we kept now has a proper place and we realized how much items we had that we don't use anymore. Just finding the time to sort through our things has proven to be difficult with two small children, so it was a huge help to get the team in here and finally get it done!

Hi Renee, it was our pleasure! I'll see you shortly for your 6 week check in!

S.Tedes

Clutter B Gone completely transformed our home office and garage. Everything is organized and has a place, even the smallest item, and they set everything up so that it is easy to maintain and keep things in order. The team was wonderful to work with and they were very efficient, patient and creative with their organizing solutions. We cannot recommend this company highly enough. Well worth the investment.

Thank you for taking the time to write! With your return to work soon we were happy to be a part of creating a comfortable office and efficient storage for you. And your garage looks amazing now! All the best with your transition back!

Caroline

Linda and her ladies were professional, pleasant, trustworthy, and efficient. They are so well suited for their work. I am so grateful for their help in conquering my household clutter!

Caroline, it was our pleasure to help in making a positive change in your home and relieve your stress in that regard. If you have any questions down the road, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. PS: Great work on the kitchen!

Kwong

Linda and team have done a fantastic job in helping me to declutter and reorganize multiple areas in my home. The best part of this exercise is that I am left with a "system" that can be easily maintained. The reorganized spaces gave me peace and serenity. I will not be able to achieve this result in such a short period of time without Linda and team's help. My lead organizer, Corinne, is fantastic - extremely patient and keep things very much on track.

We're happy to hear the system is working well for you and your family Katy. Thank you for trusting us to come into your home.

Christine

We worked on sorting the papers for my husband's transfer of his business to me. It took 12.5 hrs but was well worth every penny!

Hi Christine. We're thrilled we were able to sort through so many boxes of paper and create a filing system for paper management. Best of all you no longer need to pay for that storage locker!

Joni

Linda and her team are, without exaggeration, the most efficient, responsive, and professional company with whom I have ever worked. Honestly. I can't overstate this. Whatever your expectations are, Linda will exceed them. She not only organized every aspect of this de-cluttering project beforehand, but afterwards she scheduled donation pick ups for us, offered ideas for selling larger items, provided us with the address of the toxic/electronic waste drop-off, and continuously checked in to ensure everything was going smoothly with our game plan for permanent disposal of items no longer needed. She delivered exactly what she promised, when she promised, and with no surprises with the cost. And wow! The results are nothing short of a miracle. I have been battling my husband over that messy garage on and off for years. And it was an embarrassment every time a neighbor passing by could peer inside. Every time my husband would attempt to clean up the garage, mostly things were just moved around and no real progress was made toward long term organization. Our de-cluttering team changed all that with clearly labeled bins in sensible categories. Now everything has a place. Also, our team took EVERYTHING from its current messy location, created meaningful piles, then went through item by item with my husband so he could see the excess "stuff" we had accumulated. And this forced decision-making and facilitated the long-awaited departure of about 75% of the contents of that small space. It saved us so much time outsourcing this overwhelming task! And was worth every single penny. The icing on the cake was when I offered our amazing team a generous tip and they wouldn't accept one penny. It says a lot about their honesty, as well as the inherent pride they take in a job well done. It's not just something they do to make a buck. They care most of all, as Linda does, about ensuring happy clients! So mission accomplished. We are thrilled!!! You will be too :-)

Joni, thank you! We pride ourselves in exceeding our client's expectations and so happy to hear you had a great experience with us. We're thankful to have such a wonderful team and above all, wonderful clients such as yourself. All the best with the move and we are always here for any other questions you may have!

More about ClutterBGone

ClutterBGone is a full service company specializing in residential/home office organizing, de-cluttering, downsizing & life transition services, also providing packing and unpacking/settling in. All services provided throughout the Greater Toronto Area. fully insured and ClutterBGone is an active member of the Professional Organizers in Canada and the National Association of Professional Organizers.

Your Chaos. Our Solution. Your Peace of Mind.

At ClutterBGone we create positive, strong and lasting relationships. We’re honoured that our clients invite us to come into their homes and small businesses. That’s a huge leap of faith and we appreciate that trust. We’ve worked hard to find and create solid partnerships with service providers in our industry that we can refer to and use for our clients with the utmost respect and integrity. Our clients are truly our # 1 priority.