This company is very overrated. I am a detail oriented customer that has high standards and good knowledge. I have fully renovated a house and manage properties for a living. My project was completed, but the process and end result could have been better. They completed the landscaping throughout my entire property after we did a major house renovation.
I received nine different quotes prior to choosing M.E. The company was chosen because Daryl is good at responding to emails/calls and communicating/answering our questions. As well, the price was reasonable (relatively speaking). It was also a bonus that they were able to complete large parts of the job in the winter.
However, my relatively straightforward project was plagued with deficiencies throughout the entire process. The main reason this occurred was a lack of direct supervision and communication from management/supervisor to employees. This meant I needed to be quite involved in providing direction and calling out mistakes. A few examples of issues that should not have occurred, (all issues I had to find and were never caught by a supervisor)…
1) They almost installed the wrong polymeric sand, and then once they had the correct colour, they didn’t set it correctly so it all had to be re-done.
2) They didn’t install the correct curb stones/wall. I challenged them on this and they assured me it was the correct stone. It didn’t look correct to us, so I had to drive and hour away to where the stone was purchased. The stone yard confirmed we had the wrong stone. So begrudgingly Daryl had the wall taken out and reinstalled with the correct stone.
3) After giving explicit instructions to a supervisor as to the location of a fence post, they still installed it too close to my garage making siding replacement impossible.
4) They delivered the wrong gate three times.
5) The interlock had persistent settling issues throughout the spring/summer.
6) My concrete pad was poorly finished, and even after providing feedback as to what needed to be fixed, the installer gave up on trying to fix it.
7) They failed to correctly prepare the ground prior to laying sod, so the grass has struggled to grow evenly.
To their credit, all the easily fixable issues were dealt with eventually. However, it always required work and patience on my end.
Overall, we are relatively happy with the end result. Due to the state of the construction industry in the city, sadly this is probably the best you can ask for.