Rockwell Masonry

Ivan C from Hamilton
Ivan C from Hamilton
6 reviews Hamilton, ON

Tuck Pointing - Mortar/Brick Repair

My house is 46 years old and was in need of some tuck pointing. Steve and his team delivered. Even after they were done we circled the entire house to ensure no area that needed work was missed. I highly recommend Steve and his crew for the work done, going beyond to ensure the customer was more than satisfied.

Hi Ivan, thank you for taking the time to write a review for our company. It was a pleasure working with you as well.

Freddy Tasciotti in Toronto
Freddy Tasciotti in Toronto

Rear Terrace

These guys are Hacks , I am totally Disgusted with the Job that I paid them to do
They never matched the brick and very poor workmanship , they do not know how to use a Level ! I asked them to come back and redo the job again ?
I located the matching Heritage Beige brick at Masons Masonry & they told Me to spray paint the Bricks to match the original bricks???

Hi Freddy,

I am sorry you feel that way. This review is somewhat surprising, given that 3 years ago when this work was completed you expressed complete satisfaction and paid us in full. You even had us back to complete a small flagstone repair on a separate occasion, after the larger project was complete.

You were given a brick sample before the materials were ordered, which you approved. The bricks were delivered a few days before the work began, and left on the driveway. You had every opportunity to verify the brick to be used, and you did. In fact, the bricks installed were Heritage Beige. As we discussed over the phone, there is no closer match. Mason's Masonry (the supplier) actually gave sound advice to tint the bricks (not spray paint), which is the common solution for bricks that are not a perfect match for colour.

At Rockwell Masonry, we stand behind our work. If something had been done incorrectly, we would have fixed it.

Regards,
Steve

Mike G.
Mike G.
1 review Burlington, ON

Emergency Chimney Repair

After the spring thaw, our chimney was literally falling down on our heads. We needed emergency service to keep things safe until we can do a complete rebuild as part of a remodel planned for the future. Steve was very professional from start to finish. He providing a quick estimate and prompt service. He and his team did excellent work, including a proper clean-up of the work area afterwards. I'm very happy with the service and will be recommending Rockwell Masonry to friends and calling them back when it's time for the proper chimney rebuild.

Thanks for the 10 star review Mike. Looking forward to working with you again.

Jim & Trina in Oakville
Jim & Trina in Oakville

Chimney Replacement - Outstanding Job

We brought Steve in to replace a crumbling chimney. When he came to assess a quote, he clearly explained what needed to be done with photos and a full description. When it came time to do the work, they did an excellent job on the actual brickwork, were completely professional throughout, and did a terrific job on cleanup. We highly recommend working with Steve and Rockwell Masonry.

Thanks guys! It was a pleasure working with you as well!

Mark in Brampton
Mark in Brampton

Chimney Cap & Brick Wall Repairs

Our concrete chimney cap was deteriorating and the lower courses of brick Wall were beginning to crumble. Rockwell Masonry came to investigate the conditions and provided us very reasonable quote. We scheduled the work and they came on the agreed day with a full crew. They chipped out the crumbling brick, installed a waterproofing membrane, replaced the brick with 2 courses of concrete block, mortar and reinforcement and finished the surface with a smooth cement parging layer. They did an excellent job, cleaned up after they were done and theyvwere a pleasure to deal with. The quality of workmanship shows they take pride in doing a good job. Thank you Rockwell Masonry!

Tony in Burlington
Tony in Burlington
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Brick replacement and parging

Second time we have used Steve and his crew.
(First time was a chimney repair in 2017)
We can’t say enough about this company.
Maticulous in their work.
Show up when they say they will.
Quotes are straightforward and reasonable.
Clean up like they were never even there.11
Will have them back soon to complete some other projects of ours
Would not hesitate to reccomend!!

Fernando in Oakville
Fernando in Oakville

Chimney and fence columns repair

I cannot speak more highly of this company that repaired my chimney and several brick columns of my fence. While other companies told us we would have to replace the chimney without seeing it, Steve Rockwell came and inspected the chimney and fence, and then gave a estimate. He made the whole process very easy from the initial call, punctual to the first meeting, the estimate, work completion and clean up was done efficiently. I wish all contractors were like Rockwell Masonry.
I highly recommend this company to anyone that needs brick repairs.

Fernando

Doug in Toronto
Doug in Toronto
1 review Milton, ON

Masonry work & Parging

We hired Rockwell Masonry to replaced a few courses of spalled bricks along the back of our house at a raised patio. It was a pleasure to deal with Steve and his crew from the moment we contacted them (through HomeStars) to the completion of the project. Steve replaced the bricks with concrete blocks and parged (as well as reworking the waterproofing/flashing behind). Steve and his crew did exceptional work and put a lot of effort into cleaning up the site when they were done, which was very much appreciated. The finished project came out great. I would not hesitate to use Rockwell Masonry again or to recommend them to others.

Private User reviews Essex, ON

Chimney repairs

Steve is a great guy, he took time to examine our property carefully and then gave a very competitive quote and ensured everything was done to an excellent standard. I can say without hesitation that Rockwell Masonry provide workmanship of a very high standard.

GCA from Etobicoke
GCA from Etobicoke

Damaged chimney

We lost the top third of our chimney in a storm a couple of weeks ago. Rockwell Masonry was quick to respond. Steve was there at the exact time he promised, went up onto the roof and then explained the options to me in detail with pictures he had taken. He did not try to pressure me in any way. The chimney was replaced last Monday, and despite the huge windstorm we had on Friday, the chimney is standing tall. I am extremely pleased with the professionalism and quality of work. I have no hesitation in recommending Rockwell Masonry.

More about Rockwell Masonry

Founded in 2009, Rockwell Masonry is quickly becoming known as a company with a high standard for quality and reliability. Our commitment to excellence enables us to serve in a way that consistently exceeds our customers’ expectations. Regardless of the size of the project, we always strive to put our clients’ needs first. Putting in the extra effort has always been a key part of the Rockwell Masonry philosophy.

Our customers include homeowners and builders in Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington and the GTA.