Regal Design + Build

33333.jpg Regal Design + Build
175 Cumberland St. Yorkville
Toronto
M5R

Regal Design Build is an excellent company that strives to fully satisfy their customers. At least that was my experience. This was the only company that truly listened to my desires and made sure to explain all possible options and limitations that could lie ahead. They have trustworthy, courteous and hardworking group of craftsman. The end was everything and more than I was hoping for. While they were not the cheapest price-wise, the cost was worth it in the end. You made my family very happy and I absolutely love my new kitchen. Thank you!!

Thank you Nav for sharing these beautiful words about us. We hope to see you soon again.

Melinda
Melinda

re-designing and renovating our main floor

Undoubtedly the best construction company out there! Regal Design+Build gave me great service that I honestly wasn’t expecting from a construction/renovation company. I wanted to have the entire main floor renovated and make my wife happy, as she had been asking me to make some

changes to the house for a long time. I didn't want to be involved in the project too much, other than selecting the contractor and take care of the payment. I left the rest of the design and picking the finishings to my wife (to ensure I wouldn’t be blamed for anything later J). We couldn’t be happier with the work Fresh Home Innovations did for us. They were constantly in constant communication with us (well, mostly my wife) to make sure everything was going as planned and to our liking. They also made some great suggestions, which made the place look even nicer and actually saved us money. They were easy to work with & were available all the time when we needed them. You should use this company if you want honest, knowledgeable construction and design contractors.

Dear Melinda,
Thank you for sharing your great feedback with our potential clients. We are happy to read your positive review here and thank you for using us for your project. Hope to do your next project as well.

RAMIN & ARASH

Nicksabetien
Nicksabetien

Building and Designing our first Custome House

I could say this is one of the most professional and efficient custom projects which was done.! More than that, we appreciate all of the time and effort Arash & Ramin both put into working with us throughout the process. They were on top of everything and very organized. After seeing some of the homes they had built, we knew a quality home would be a given. The time they spent with us as we worked through multiple floor plans and budgets, met with the architect and engineers, made decisions, picked things out for the house (changed our minds and picked out different things for the house which means how easy going, flexible yet very professional they were) made the whole experience enjoyable and exciting. They understood our taste and style, respecting our ideas, plans, and concerns. It is very clear that they value their customers. Arash has been great to work with and really went above and beyond for us. He took every concern seriously and handled all issues promptly, no matter how small. This was our first experience with new construction and the friendly and professional team at "Regal Design Build" made it smooth and painless. We continually receive compliments on our new home. Numerous times, we've heard comments like, "What a mansion you guys built, and “You picked a really good builder," "Love the Style & Selections", "can't believe the quality" & etc.
Their sub-contractors crew were always great to work with. They were friendly, accommodating, and respectful. They were always willing to answer a question or ask for our thoughts and ideas. Be assured that we will continue to recommend "Regal Design Build" when we talk with others who are considering a building project. If we ever decide to build again, you will hear from us. (Though this seems unlikely at this time; we love our house and can't imagine moving.) Overall, thanks to them, they made our dream come into reality. Can’t thank them enough.

Dear Nick,
We really appreciate your kind review and comments about our project. We are so happy that you liked our work and rated us 10/10. We wish you a happiness, fun, success and good health for new year.

RAMIN & Arash

Dwayne J.
Dwayne J.

Second floor addition and home renovation (design & construction)

Some G:
Our project was building a second floor addition on top of our old bungalow 'Downtown Toronto' and renovating the entire main floor & basement. I chose Arash and Ramin through my brother-in-law who had previously hired them for his own renovations. He spoke highly of them so we decided to call them and have them come in so we could decide for ourselves. We both felt very comfortable and confident in their skills and knowledge. For what we had in mind, they showed us an abundant amount of examples, from which I chose to incorporate some into our project. We were planning on taking a few vacations when the renovations started, and we did just that. We visited the house a few times after our return just to make sure our project is getting done the way we want and were hopping they finish it on time The goal was for the project to be completed by the time kids go to school & they had 7 months from start date. We were impressed and delighted with our new house. Everything was top notch and professionally done. They even cleaned out the ventilation system and the air inside the house for my kids. They even checked all the minor problems before we say anything, which I found very thoughtful. I am a hard skeptic when it comes to labour work, and I must admit that for once I was blown away and impressed by the work done in my house. Thanks Ramin and Arash. Thank your team again on my behalf.

Dear Dwayne,
Thank you for sharing your great words and we are happy to hear that you got exactly what you wanted out of your home addition experience with us at Regal Design and build in Toronto. We will be sharing your feedback amongst our team. We wish you many happy miles in your new home and we look forward to serving you for many years to come.

ARASH & RAMIN

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Full Condo Renovation, Design + Build

This outstanding firm recently completed work on my 1850 sq. Ft condominium renovation on Wellington St. E., Toronto, which involved a complete gutting job-removal of structural walls, flooring, lighting, kitchen and two full bathrooms. For anyone who had in the past been disappointed or duped by contractors, as we had, this company affirms what it is like to deal with true professionals, who love what they do, deliver what they promise, and treat a home renovation, as if it were their own. These people have figured out the formula- they give you a quote on the spot, and stay totally within the budget. The only extras I paid was for things I requested outside of the contract, such as opening of a couple of doorways and electrical upgrade because of a fancy wall oven that required higher voltage.

Short of it sounding like a cliche, the two partners, Arash and Ramin are a dream-team with an unbelievable duo of skills. Arash is a licences structural engineer, while Ramin is an interior designer. The two not only deliver magic because of their own skills; they employ the top trades, use quality suppliers at excellent price, and are able to navigate the complex world of condo property management, scheduling, planning and dealing with challenging situations. As professional people with limited time, what my husband and I appreciated the most was not just this team’s professionalism, but also fine, practical and astute guidance with the choice of finishes and lighting- things that would have taken us months of research to do on our own.

Best advice- let them take you to their suppliers. They were superb, and the prices were reasonable for the value.

I am very grateful to have found this company through Home Stars. I was sceptical at first that a company would score so high amongst reviewers, and it was not until working with them that I realized each and every review absolutely mirrored my experience.

To conclude, by hiring Regal Design and Build, you get everything and more in one- engineering, design, top quality workmanship, finishes, great value, and above all, peace of mind.

Thank you Arash and Ramin for a job outstandingly done.

Dear Ivanna,
Thanks so much for writing us great review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience for your condo renovation in Toronto. We are thrilled that you love our work and we strive hard to be the best general contractors and builders in Toronto. You are the best and thank you again for sharing such a positive experience. It means the world to us and it made our day. We are wishing you a great new year and hope to see you and Ken soon after your return from vacation.

RAMIN & ARASH

Rosa from Toronto
Rosa from Toronto

Kitchen reno basement bathrooms

Arash let me start by thanking you and your caring and professional attitude. There is a confidence that is unmatched by competitors, great people, both in trade and skills sectors, fantastic and Thorough design ideas and very fair prices. Worth every dime and nickle

We greatly appreciate your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and we truly do hope to hear from you again.

Vincent Vidol from Vaughan
Vincent Vidol from Vaughan

Two Bathrooms and Kitchen

When I got in touch with Arash, I did not anticipate the warm and pleasant experience that was ahead of me. He was thoroughly educated, and well-rounded in his craft. These guys were able to transform my kitchen and 2 bathrooms through transparent and meticulous planning, a wonderful design know-how, and most importantly an organized team. They introduced me to numerous products from different suppliers that I had never before heard of, and I had done my homework prior to talking to Regal. I have tremendous respect for their professionalism, their contacts with suppliers and trades-people, and their constant supervision on site. Definitely recommend them to anyone who’s looking.

We really appreciate you taking the time to share these kinds words. It was a pleasure working with you and we truly hope to hear from you again for future projects.

sead from Toronto
sead from Toronto

Complete main floor & second floor renovation in downtown Toronto.

Assisted Review

We are very happy with the work done with Regal Design+Build.
Excellent work !!! Very punctual and completed work without delay and as agreed upon timelines. Very courteous and always willing to suggest improvements and assisted in selecting my finishing products and design ideas even changing the plan a few times to make sure the smallest flaw with regards to complete main floor & second floor makeover from opening the kitchen & family room wall, changing some of the layouts, adding a powder room in main floor, all the floorings, LED pot-lights, custom kitchen cabinets, new island & pantry, marble & granite counter tops, new carpentry, master ensuite & share bathroom, WIC built-ins, wall units, roofing & etc. One of the main reasons that we hired this company beside that Arash was a structural engineered & Ramin had a awesome experience with all the design work was that they both ensured to be on the site every single day to inspect the job done by each specific trades which they were only expert in their fields & they were all very polite & educated. Excellent quality of work and very professional. They also did their very best to make our renovations stress free. We would strongly recommend this company to anyone looking to spend some more & get everything done right at the first time. Thank you Arash, Ramin & all the staff for great work. We can't be happier.

michele from Toronto
michele from Toronto
2 reviews North York, ON

Design & Layout for addition & main floor renovation.

Assisted Review

We had Regal Design+ Build to give us an ideas about our addition. Arash & Ramin were very pleasant to do business with. They were extremely personable, polite and did an amazing job designing & Decorating our house. we are very satisfied with the work they performed and would recommend them to anyone considering a Renovation & additions.

thank you for taking the time to leave this detailed review. It was a pleasure to work with you.
Do not hesitate to call us again for your next project!

James from North York
James from North York
2 reviews ,

Design & Ideas for main floor Renovation

Assisted Review

I found Regal Design+Build while searching the web and checking for reviews here on Home Stars. . I contacted them to get Design & Ideas for renovating my main floor which had so many details. I really liked all their suggestions & estimate and felt comfortable with the company to proceed. I'm so happy with how my main floor turned out and proud to show it off to family and friends. I will most certainly recommend Regal Design+ Build to friends and family!

Thanks for the kind review and I'm glad your happy with the work and our service. I hope that we can assist with any other renovation needs in the future. Christine.

More about Regal Design + Build

WE LIKE TO THINK OF OURSELVES AS THE NEW GENERATION, THE NEW STANDARD, IN THE WORLD OF DESIGN + BUILD.

Fresh Home Innovations is among the best design-build companies in Canada, well known for solving clients’ problems, while creating innovating and inspiring environments for their ideas.
Choose your contractor carefully! No other decision will have a greater impact on the success or failure of your project. Great plans, contracts, and construction documents cannot get good work from someone lacking in skill or integrity or doesn't have the proper knowledge and vision in mind.
Find someone whom you can trust and feel comfortable working with. If you have to pay a little extra to hire the right person, you won’t regret it. The savings from hiring the low bidder often evaporate as the job progresses.
It can be difficult to hire contractors and know what you’re getting,” “You’re spending a lot of money, and you’re dealing with your home. If they do it wrong, there can be a whole lot of heartache.
It may be quite challenging when working with a designer/architect who isn’t part of the design-build contractor’s team. If they’re working individually they’re about creating a plan for a job and they are simply not always up on the cost impact of possible changes/ designs they’re suggesting. OR, they give a very low-ball cost and then the homeowner is blown away when the contractor costs it out accordingly. OR they create a design that is costly to execute.
If you’re doing a big project, you’ll need a general contractor, who may hire subcontractors for specialty work such as plumbing and electrical. Homeowners with renovation experience sometimes work as their own general contractors, hiring specific tradespeople for each job. While this may save you money, it can be time- consuming and will mean multiple contractor searches instead of just one, since you’ll have to find a specialist for each smaller job.
Everyone has heard stories about horrendous contractors who tore apart the house and never returned or projects that cost three times the contractor’s original estimate. Even with a good contractor, renovation can be stressful, expensive and involve unpleasant surprises, such as rotted subfloors that are revealed when tile is removed or dangerous electrical wiring or leaking pipes behind walls.
As an experienced general contractor, we recommend homeowners work with a design/ build firm when they’re undertaking larger projects because I find it to be quite beneficial and all-inclusive in that you have a designer who knows how to build and create plans and you’re working with a contractor who has their hands on the design process and is in communication around that process at all times.
The beauty of a design/build firm is - it’s beneficial to all parties. It’s much easier for the contractor to be involved with a team so they’re not shouldering all of the work themselves, thereby opening up time for discussions with the client about possible challenges or changes. It’s beneficial for the client because they feel like the contractor has more time to actually listen to their needs.
You will want to hire someone who will be focused on your project, not someone who will only spend short bursts of time on it due to other commitments, and this is how we are better than the competition.
We only work on a very small, manageable amount of projects at any given time. This allows us to ensure that our quality is up to standard, and we like to be able to manage the sites ourselves.

BEFORE YOU HIRE ANY CONTRACTOR (THAT INCLUDES US!) FOR ANY WORK ON YOUR HOME, PLEASE CONSIDER THESE QUESTIONS:

How long have you lived in your home? How long do you plan to stay in your home?

How long have you been considering this project? Have you done any research on this project? Where are you in your research process?

Do you have any plans or a design in mind? Have you ever been involved in a big home project before?

How did it go?

Are you speaking with other contractors? Do they seem knowledgeable? Do they seem well-versed in all aspects of their business?
Do you have a good rapport with them? Do you trust what they are telling you? Are you comfortable with them?

Do you like their previous design+build projects? Does their portfolio match your style preference?

Do they seem to try to hiding any future extras/costs?

Are they open to your ideas? Do they have a big selection of materials and finishings you can choose from?

Do they work with high-end suppliers? Do they have professional sub-contractors on their team?

Will they be available to meet with you on different occasions?

How do they handle problems? Can you make changes to the plans? Do they make you finalize the design at the start or use a step-by-step method?

Is there a reason you aren’t working with the contractor who did your previous project?

On your previous project, were you able to justify paying more to avoid disappointment?

Is there a reason you haven’t already decided to work with one of the contractors you have already spoken with?

What are you looking for in a contractor?

How will you decide which contractor you will partner with for your project?

What sets a contractor apart from the others?

Is there something you were hoping we would be able to do differently?

If one of our past clients referred you to us, was there something they said that stood out and motivated you to contact us?

can you make a decision based on a contractors reviews and awards?

Does the contractor provide design/build services and/or is able to work with your archiects?

where do the high-end finishings like cabinets, vanities, built-ins & etc come from?

How many projects like yours has the contractor done?

Based on what you have seen, do you think they do high-end work or average work?

How many high end projects have they done?

Are they specialized more to custom work or pre-made finishings?

Are they just a renovation company or they do new custom builds as well?

How many projects does the remodeller do a year?

How many projects will the contractor be doing while your project is underway?

Will work continue 5 days a week until it is done? Or, will there be idle times?

What type of pricing does the contractor offer? Fixed Fee, Cost Plus, Time and Materials, other?

What type of training, experience, and special expertise does the contractor have relative to the project you are planning?

In what ways will the contractor help you through the entire process? What type of decisions will you have to make?

Which decisions can the contractor help you with? Which decisions can’t the contractor help you with?

In terms of the owners and key people in the firm, do they belong to trade associations?

Does the contractor (including management and staff) seem truly focused on customer satisfaction?

Does the contractor (including management and staff) seem professional? What types of projects/construction do they specialize in?

Do they have enough staff to handle your project? Does the contractor guarantee your price? In what way?

How does the contractor assure you that what they design can be built within your budget?

Can the contractor describe the process they use to ensure a smooth, successful project?

Are you happy with their proposal? Do you understand how it works?

Will there be someone on site all the time who speaks your language?

Who will manage your project day to day? Who will be in charge of overall project management?

What is that person’s experience, skill level, training, and certification?

How often will the contractor meet with you? Who from the company will be meeting with you?

Will the contractor be personally involved with your project on a daily basis until the project is finished?

What standards of quality, service, craftsmanship, and project management does the contractor promise at the price that is being quoted for the project?

In terms of craftsmanship, what level of quality does the contractor usually provide? In terms of general building materials, what level of quality does the contractor use?

In doing estimates, what level of quality does the contractor factor in for the materials, products, finishes that will ultimately be chosen?

Will the contractor help you to make all product and material selections prior to giving a final price?

How do they charge for extras (change order policy)? what is considered to be extras?

What happens if they find something unexpected? What happens if there are surprises and problems during the project?

Will they give you a list of references from current and past clients whom you may contact?

Based on your discussion with references, how do the past clients rate the contractor from start to finish?

Will they give you a list of suppliers that they use on your job? Who purchases the materials?

Do they provide detailed contracts? How detailed and clear are their contracts?