CondoHandyman.ca

230 Merton Street ON M5P2V2
HomeStars  >  Condominium Renovations in Toronto  >  CondoHandyman.ca

Reviews for CondoHandyman.ca

Bathroom renovation

The finished outcome looked great, however was over-priced and took much longer to complete than the original estimate. I was told 2 weeks however it ended up being almost 4 weeks. Lack of communication lead to 3-4 days where no work was being done on my site. Also, I was lead to believe that there were "teams" working in my unit - tiling, flooring, painting, etc - which is how they justified spacing out the scheduling days. I later discovered there was only 1 person doing all of the work. This sent a message that a smaller site or project was less of a priority.

Hello User,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to hear that your fully renovated bathroom came out GREAT!

We see you have posted a few concerns and we would like to address the following:

Regarding pricing for any renovation, we work hard to comply with industry standards and respect client budgets. Before starting any renovation, we present a proposal that is agreed upon between both parties and signed off on. This sign off ensures that we and our clients understand the scope of work, material selections, timelines and pricing.

Due to the nature of any renovation selections, added upgrades and unforeseen site conditions may increase and/or decrease the bottom line. This is an important condition that is discussed with any client before final sign off and start date of a project.

Regarding bathroom renovation timelines, they typically take 2-5 weeks depending on the scope of work, unforeseen conditions of building daily accessibility and client approval for access into suite. If for any reason we cannot get a hold of the client, we cannot move forward without informing you about changes throughout the duration of the project.

Due to condo corporation rules and guidelines, it is mandatory that we hire licensed trades to complete various tasks (i.e. Plumbing, electrical, etc.) Therefore, any project size, big or small, is valued equally and coordinated with the right technicians to complete the job with integrity, professionalism and a high level of workmanship to ensure a successful renovation.

Should you have any more comments, questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected]

Jieling in Toronto
Jieling in Toronto

replace 1 piece flooring in a condo

Not the worst out there, but definitely be careful when you choose

I hereby state everything I am going to tell you guys are true as a real estate Broker. I do not recommend you to use this company service in anyway. I am not post this review anonymously, because I guess I have to right to tell the truth after I paid $316. but have to spend additional to get the job done by someone else, plus my time for this.

Call the company, july 24th 2016. got the estimate for 1 hour job, representative was nice, the technician came on time. No complain. actually pretty satisfied at that moment.

Before I keep writing, I want to tell you, I did purchase my own material, that's my fault the floor does not fit exactly. But still can't justify what happen next.

After 10 minutes, suppose The technician use electrical tool to cut the old piece, but instead of doing that, He told me his tool is not functioning. That's fine, things happens.............& after 40 minutes or so the old piece was out.........&they try to cut the wrong piece I supplied by HAND!!!!!! since the electrical tool is not working!!!! sure, there is not success.....(I don't think they have enough space in the sedan to bring a small tale saw, those cost $200 in Home Depot)

They ask me if it is ok for them to go out and find a place to cut the floor......you thought they know where they can go and get the job done right????? NO NO NO ~~~~~.NEXT thing I know is they returned after 2 hours! without the flooring been property cut!!!!! They did say they are sorry, and they were afraid they can't the job done. I have to acknowledge, no matter what happened in the background, their altitude was acceptable. They did not mention anything about extra charge or whatsoever at that moment

Because It was my fault to supply the wrong floor, so I appreciated they were trying, and I don't mind to pay extra hour for that. (that cost about $65)

BUT SURPRISE~~~~~~~~After A WHOLE MONTH~~~~By September 2nd, 2016 I got an invoice for addition $146 dollars. I call to discuss with their management. you know what happen next, yep there is nothing they can do! It is actually normal that the technician can't tell you exactly how much you need to pay at the end, & They have the right to charge you even after 1 month~~~~~~~~~(maybe I don't know much about the law, but I try to trust the lady on the phone)

They don't have their own people, they hire contractors, and when the contractor won't acknowledge the mistake, They come after you.....end of story...

So be careful before you choose! May be the job suppose to be $100, but they bill you for $500 after couple of months.

condo renovation

I was very disappointed by CHM though I expecting them to be very professional and a reputed service. But, after site visit and lot of followup, I never heard back from them on quote or to start work which resulted me to hire another contracting company in last minute. being professional, at least a response should have been received after the site visit. very disappointed and wasn't expected this from company like CHM which is so old in market.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and displaying your concern. We take every opportunity seriously regardless of the size of the project. Before submitting a quotation to our clients we designate time to carefully review each projects requirements to ensure quality and accuracy. Our apology if you have not received a quotation for your project, by no means was this intentional. In order to receive the highest level of customer service in a timely fashion please calls our office directly at 1-888-896-2677 to further discuss any concerns. Thank you for your feedback, we strive to improve our services in the best way possible. Best Regards – Condo Handyman

Reachlipika123 from Ajax
Reachlipika123 from Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Appliances installation

I am so impressed with the level of service provided by the staff members - starting from the first contact Anthony (sales manager) who made me understand the whole installation process to the installer, who was absolutely professional..
Will highly recommend them to my friends and family..

Shahriar Shafiullah from Caledon
Shahriar Shafiullah from Caledon
1 review Caledon, ON

Appliance installation

TLDR: Technician that was sent to us turned out to be a completely unreliable. When management was informed they initially seemed to want to help and then ended up charging me for a full 3 hours for 30 minutes worth of work

The handyman (Greg) that was scheduled to show up at 9am turned up at 10:15am. I had a number of installation jobs lined up, including a water connection for a fridge, dishwasher, gas stove, hood fan installation and hooking up two chandeliers. Something immediately smelled fishy with this technician as he stated that there would be an additional $50 charge for each water and gas connection that he performed (separate from the hourly Condo Handyman charge). When asked why, he stated that it was because he had to put his license against each installation and that it was standard practice. As I was in a hurry to have the installations completed by the end of the day I was obliged to agree despite my skepticism. He also seemed to be in a huge hurry to go somewhere else as he said he had to be out by 11:30am. When I showed him the list of stuff that was scheduled he said that he could not finish today and would be willing to do the work in his 'free time' and would charge me $75 per hour for the pleasure. I refused and told him to get as much work done as possible within the given time-frame.

Next he took a look at the appliances and said that I was missing clamps for the tube connections. He then mentioned he had some in his van but that he would need to charge me extra for it. The other option was to drive to homedepot and buy the items from there. As I was already suspicious about this guy I opted to drive to homedepot and see the costs for myself (which turned out to be a fraction of the cost he was quoting).

When we got back home he managed to connect the water connection to our fridge and started to make excuses for the other appliances (the dishwasher connection is missing another item and an electric circuit breaker. The hood fan would crack my kitchen backsplash tiles, etc...)
At around 12:45pm he mentioned that he had to go and that he would come back to finish the work in his free time if we wanted. Of course I said no thanks. He then writes a few lines of work performed (it was a short list) and the timeframe. He originally pens in 9:45am to 1:15pm and quickly hands me the pen to sign probably hoping that I would not notice. I called him out on it and he changes it to 10am - 1pm.

When I mention all this to his manager they initially seem to want to help and get to the bottom of the issue. I was informed that the technician in question was reprimanded yet I was still charged the full amount for 3 hours of work. I have since hired an independent contractor that has completed all the work in question at a fraction of the cost. Not worth the cost and terrible service

Heather from Toronto
Heather from Toronto

New flooring, painting, install new closet

I have a great experience with Condo Handyman. I met with Bruno, signed the contract and had the work completed within 45 days. I had new laminate flooring installed, painted the entire condo, replaced 3 light fixtures and had a new closet organizer and new bi-fold doors installed in the bedroom. Monty and Eddie did an amazing job and were very professional. I would recommend them to anyone and will definitely keep Condo Handyman in mind for future projects.

JH from Toronto
JH from Toronto

Condo Handyman Service Repair

Assisted Review

I contacted Condo Handyman with an emergency Condominium repair. They responded immediately to my urgent request. Condo Handyman confirmed the same day that a Handyman Technician would be available to assist me the following day. Within 24 hours two Handyman technician were dispatched to my location to complete my floating shelf repair in my condo. Over I am very satisfied with the great and very professional service I received! Its been a pleasure Condo Handyman - JH

Stella M from Milton
Stella M from Milton
1 review Milton, ON

Renovation & Handyman service

Assisted Review

Condo Handyman is a great company to work with! They have a very professional and skilled staff which made my whole renovation process very simple and easy. I called Condo Handyman to renovate my existing floor and install a new kitchen. The new tiling and hardwood flooring looks amazing! I am very happy with the final result of my new kitchen. Condo Handyman did a great job installing new kitchen cabinets, garnet counters top, and a new dishwasher. Overall I am very satisfied with my renovation project! Great working with you Condo Handyman, Thank You - Stella

Veron R from Mississauga
Veron R from Mississauga

Condominium Renovations

Assisted Review

Over all very satisfied with the work completed on my Condominium by Condo Handyman! I recently hired Condo Handyman to install new flooring through out my Condominium. Their flooring installation team was helpful moving and rearranging furniture to complete my floor installation. I was unaware of the sound barrier requirement in Condominiums. I really valued Condo Handyman's knowledge and expertise. They did a great job removing my existing tiles and replacing them with a beautiful engineered hardwood. My new floor and baseboards look amazing! Great service Condo Handyman I enjoyed working with you.

More about CondoHandyman.ca

CONDO HANDYMAN: SUMMER HANDYMAN OFFER -CALL US FOR MORE INFORMATION! ! ! Booking Your Next Handyman Today??. We Offer FREE Quotes! We Are A Proud Toronto Handyman Service Orientated Company Based Out Of Toronto, Canada. Renovations & Repairs Is our ONLY Business For +20 years!