Renovations By Aaron Sherwood

Allison B. in Newmarket
Allison B. in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Falling ceiling Tile

My husband and I contracted this company through Lowes South Brampton (Steeles and Kennedy) to do many projects in our complete home renovation. We were quoted on two bathroom renos, a walk-in closet, a basement reno, tiling in the main hallway and a complete kitchen reno that included the removal of two non load bearing walls. We decided to sign with this company and from the beginning there were poor workmanship issues ranging from unfinished and incomplete work, poor attention to detail, scratching one of the sink faucets and a basment reno that took over 6 MONTHS to complete (this basement reno was just drywall and floor, not even paint).

However, last Saturday, about a minute after leaving the shower, one of the large 12X 24 porcelain tiles fell from the ceiling and smashed into the tub! If someone had been in the shower at that time, they would have gotten a serious head injury!! The tub has been dented and the other tiles are starting to loosen from the ceiling as well. My current contractor has told me that they did not use the proper materials to safely secure these large tiles to the ceiling of the shower. The entire shower has to be gutted and redone!! I do not trust them and their incompetent team to fix this issue. I do not believe they know how to do renovations safely and to anyone who is considering hiring them for work:

PLEASE DO NOT HIRE THEM! THEY ARE UNSAFE!!!!!!

Stephen in Cambridge
Stephen in Cambridge

Two bathrooms renovation and new work.

We decided to renew our master bathroom and convert our en suite two piece to a three piece bathroom.
The master bathroom was a relatively simple remove and replace, with a new floor and extensive wall tiling.
The en suite required a wall to be moved and some plumbing and electrical work.
We contacted Lowes and the sent us Wolfgang, a mature sauve gentleman who did the measurements and drew up a plan. We wished to retain our existing toilets as they were only a year old. We were assured this would be ok, even though space was tight against the wall as, like a lot of condos our toilets should have been 10” rough ins, not the 12” standard.
From the day the work started things were going poorly. Lowes delivered three skids of materials to the curb outside our high rise condo, rather than delivering to our suite as was the instruction.
Some materials were damaged on delivery and were replaced.
Our contractor, a pleasant and skilled artisan, worked hard but was neither organized or tidy. His assistant was a clown who broke things, including damaging our bathroom door and breaking a sheet of marble as well as writing in permanent ink on decorative surfaces.
The work was meant to be completed in ‘about two weeks’. It was completed in twelve weeks.
The toilets did have to be changed and were apparently on back order. Luckily I was able to source suitable toilets within 24hrs and Lowes installation manager was very helpful in cancelling orders and refunding on large amounts of unnecessary products sold to us by an over zealous and undertrained store operative.
When the job was completed to an acceptable level we found that the broad loom carpet in our master bedroom and hall had been permanently stained due to it not being protected while tile cutting etc was done.
Wolgang agreed to pay for replacing the flooring if we provided the flooring, so we had it replaced.
From the moment we walked in to Lowes we pointed out that we lived in a condo meaning work cannot be done at certain times, and that all materials needed to be brought to our suite and removed from the site by contractors. This message had to be reinforced multiple times and I also found my wife and I were used to get extra supplies that the installation people needed. All in all this was a mediocre performance all round, but I am content with the final outcome.

Lucky Peach
Lucky Peach

Fun renovation...yes I said fun

Overall my bathroom renovation was a wonderful experience. Prior to finding Kevin Costa from Renovations by Aaron Sherwood I met with several different people regarding a possible bathroom remodel and all of these meetings left me feeling as a cat in a roomful of rocking chairs.
I knew from the moment this project manager came into my home to discuss my reno plans that my project was in good hands.
As with any renovation a few issues came up along the way and when they did Mr. Costa reassured me he would take care of them and he did exactly that even though he was always busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.
The team of gentlemen who worked on my bathroom were polite, courteous and professional. They rolled out a red carpet every day to walk on and cleaned up nicely at the end of each day. Their creative input was also invaluable to me ie the original vanity counter top arrived with the two sinks placed only 4 inches from the ends which the contractor felt was not going to be practical in use. At that time I was not concerned about this at all but now with the vanity installed I see how that first one would have been a disaster. This crew were vital in helping bring my haphazard ideas to fruition.
I have endured several renovations in my time so faced this one with tremendous anxiety. From start to finish Kevin Costa and the trades he brought in made this remodel a pleasure. Most importantly I love my bathroom so much that I hired them to do another one which turned out even better than the first!!!

Cheryl in Brampton
Cheryl in Brampton

Bathroom Shower Install

Extremely disappointed with the services and overall experience. What we were told would be an easy 2 day job has turned in to an 8 day + nightmare. Poor craftsmanship and attention to detail, bad communication skills, unreliable - cancelled and rescheduled often. Not quick to fix problems (leak) that were caused as a result of work they did. Would not recommend.

Barry S from Mississauga
Barry S from Mississauga

Bathrooom showers renovation

I recommend this company for quality work. I had 2 showers (ensuite, and secondary bathroom) that needed to be ripped out, replaced with new tile and new glass doors. Lowes recommended this company as their subcontractor. had both showers totally rebuilt, and ensuite now a glass enclosed shower. also retiled entire ensuite floor and around tube. courteous workers who did a careful job, I am very happy with the results.

Hello Barry,

Thank you for the review and recommendation! Our customers' satisfaction is one of the biggest rewards that we can get. We are sure that your new showers will serve you well for many years.

If you have any concerns or would like to get some other renovation done, please feel free to contact us - we will gladly work with you again.

Renovations by Aaron Sherwood

bmacnab
bmacnab

bathroom

2 bathroom remodeling very professional on time and on budget. Would recommend services. Happy with reno

Hello Brenda,

Thank you very much for the positive review! It means a lot for us and we are happy that you were left satisfied with the renovation.

If you have any questions or want additional work to be done, please feel free to contact us - it will be a pleasure to work with you again.

Renovations by Aaron Sherwood

Margaret Rice from Mississauga
Margaret Rice from Mississauga

Kichen Reno

From the time we met with Carlos to the finish of our kitchen reno Aaron Sherwood handled everything very professionally. Carlos really listened to us and made great suggestions. The workers who completed the job were courteous and very professional. They really know their trade. Even the other contractors that Carlos recommended to complete the job were great.

We would highly recommend Aaron Sherwood and will definitely use them for future renovations.

H Maggie,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our company. I hope you are enjoying your kitchen that we did last year. It's always satisfying to hear our customer's happy with the project. I look forward to working with you in the future for any up coming renovations.

Cheers

Roslyn Farmer from Thornhill
Roslyn Farmer from Thornhill
2 reviews Thornhill, ON

full kitchen renovation, hallway and part of master bathroom

They started the work, and finished it when they said they would. There were no glitches, and the final cost was what they said it would be. Their workmanship was excellent - they were committed to having every detail just right. I showed them a picture of a kitchen I liked, and they drew up really good plans to get that look in my kitchen. They took initiative to change some areas of my kitchen in ways that opened it up and made it work better with the adjoining rooms. They were forthright with me over all my choices of colours and finishes to achieve it the look I wanted - I trusted their advice and they were right, the final look was just right. All their people were enjoyable people to work with, all the places they sent me to choose materials and finishes were great to work with and they gave great advice and did excellent work. Everyone who sees my kitchen remarks on how quietly beautiful it is, and how well it works - just what I wanted. And - it was also really well designed for cooking.

Hi Ros,
Thanks again for being kind enough to write a review. I know its been about a year since we did, but I hope you're enjoying it. I also want to thank you for calling us back to renovate your ensuit. The end result was fantastic.

Please call me if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Maria from Toronto
Maria from Toronto

Washroom & Laundry Renovation

We recently hired Renovations by Aaron Sherwood to renovate and reconfigure a washroom and laundry in our rental unit. We have worked with many contractors over the years and AS were easily one of the best. Here is a summary of our experience with Carlos and his team:

+ Came up with creative solutions to save money and/or address unexpected issues and get a better final result.
+ Very professional, kept a very clean site and were always on time.
+ Great competitive price.
+ Final result looks amazing. We’ve had many comments on the professional finished look of everything.
+ Even did some extra work! We had laid some hardwood in an adjacent room over the weekend and when we came back a few days later we were amazed to see that Nikolai and the other workers had taken the initiative to install the trim for us, even though it was not in the contract! This was such a change from some of the penny-pinching contractors we have dealt with in the past!
- They were very busy and somewhat difficult to get a hold of before the project started. Once we got started there were absolutely no problems. This is honestly the only slight negative we can think of!
+ A few weeks after the project was finished we had problems starting the new washing machine that AS had installed. I called Carlos at 6pm on a Friday and amazingly he showed up within 10 min!! Turns out it was entirely our fault, but this just reinforced the fact that this is definitely one of the very best companies we have ever worked with. We will certainly use them again!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our company, we really appreciate it. We are always happy to hear our team took care of you and any surprises that came up during the renovation. The finished project was wonderful and we enjoyed working with you to get the look you were hoping for. We hope you will think of us if any new projects come up. Thanks again. Renosbyas

More about Renovations By Aaron Sherwood

Toronto's choice for affordable home renovations of any size.

As general contractors based in Toronto, we specialize in quality craftsmanship, custom designs and renovations.
We are experienced in home renovations, bathroom renovations, kitchen renovations and additions in and around the GTA. We have an array of tradesmen on staff to attend to your every design or renovation need.
We can work from your preferred plan or adjust it to a beautiful custom designed plan. We work closely with our long standing suppliers and are always up to date on the latest materials, trends and products that can be added to your vision.

Our Services: