Dealing with David Weenen is not worth the grief. David will insist on being paid on front. Meanwhile, his goal is to increase your bill by 15%-20%. There will be on-going arguments over extra costs. He will try and up-sell or charge for items that were supposed to be included. If you do not agree he becomes unpleasant, does not return phone calls and drags out the job. In the end, we hired someone else to complete his deficiencies.
- Company Response
Firstly.... This posting should not be here.
My other Company (WWW Construction Inc.) is the one who did your renovation.... Not Weenen Electric Inc.
However... Because we are all reading this I will point out a couple of facts (in point form if you do not mind)
1. There were drawings done by a designer for your project prior to us starting.
2. W3 reviewed all, and compiled a very detailed contract prior to start up (as we always do)
3. All parties reviewed my document prior to starting the project
4. There was one clause in the contract indicating there may be an additional charge if a problem presented itself. Unfortunately... there was a problem and it was discovered after demolition and framing was completed. (approximately 2 weeks into the job)
5. I had the conversation with you, your husband and the designer on site in order to show all involved what the issues were.
6. I gave you two options to remedy the problem. option a was $600.00 and option b was $1,800.00.
7. You exploded on site and became venomous
8. I threw in option A, just to stifle you.
9. We finished the project. Perfectly
10. You short payed me by $3,000.00 just because.
Too bad I am not allowed to say who you are. If anyone wants to see the contract and speak to the designer.... I would be delighted to disclose all