Berkeley Painting

Reviews for Berkeley Painting

faith in Toronto
faith in Toronto

Interior home painting

Bruce painted the entire inside of my house, patched some drywall, resurfaced a stuccoed wall so that it was smooth, and built two new walls to insulate a cold room. He did a fantastic job! He paid attention to detail and ensured that the results looked good. For example, he gave my kitchen and laundry room (which are now bright yellow) 7 coats of paint over the recommended primer. Bruce cleaned up all the dust and paint every day. I am very fussy, so I was particularly impressed that, at the end, Bruce gave me a couple of days to look for any places where small touch-ups were needed. He came back for a few hours and took care of all of them, as well reinstalling curtain rods and rehanging pictures. I definitely recommend Berkeley Painting and Contracting.

Thank you for your kind review Faith. When we meet for an initial consultation, we listen to what the client
wants. Sometimes a paint job is purely cosmetic. Simply a change of colour. A yellow stain on a living room ceiling or excessively pealing paint on an exterior may be signs of an underlying problem. We want to make sure these problems are corrected as well. Not simply paint over them. Coming back if necessary, to take
care of any little touch ups that may have been missed is all part of our superior service. I hope you enjoy your beautifully refreshed home for years to come.

dayani
dayani

Painting Exterior windows and doors and front and back porch

Bruce is an excellent painter. Very professional. Takes pride in his work . Took time to do minor repairs ( ie fill in cracks) and prepare surfaces prior to painting. He even included some shutters and safety grills which were not included in the quote as he wanted the house to look perfect. Overall i am very satisfied with a job well done. I will not hesitate to hire Bruce for future painting projects

Thank you Dayani. I realize that there are many competitors in my chosen profession. By doing a job well and adding a few extras, one hopes to stand out from the crowd. It is always a pleasure working for such an appreciative client.

ron b.
ron b.

Painting

Berkeley P&C recently painted three rooms for me. Their work was fast, clean and finished with a nice touch that only experience brings. They stuck to their quote!

Thank you Ron. We do like to stick with her quotes. If it looks as though the price is going to change we let you know before so you can prepare.

Painting

I have nothing but the highest praise for Berkeley Painting. We have used them twice, and both times the work exceeded expectations. They were professional, punctual, efficient, and very clean. The scope of the work went beyond prep and painting: patching drywall, making small repairs, replacing trim and caulking. I would not hesitate to recommend Bruce and his company, and look forward to dealing with them again.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing recommendation. We try our best to hold ourselves to a higher standard. We treat your home like our own.

P. S.
P. S.

Interior and exterior painting

Painting is carefully done with attention to detail. Clean-up is meticulous. Very satisfied with the work.

We attempt to give our customers what they want. Thank you for your recognition.
Bruce

Remove second floor deck and construct new deck

I requested an estimate for second floor deck replacement. Quote was approx. $4000. I advanced Mr.Poole $2000. He recommended a roofer to repair the roof underneath. I felt I was overcharged by the roofer. When confronted with my concerns Mr. Poole stormed off the job. His subsequent replies to my repeated emails were grossly unprofessional. I still have no deck. I want to inform future customers of my experience.

Dear Private User
It is unfortunate that you were dissatisfied with the cost of your roofing job. Due to amount of wood damage under the membrane, an extensive became necessary. To be fair, all of the plywood and over 25% of the joists were rotten or water damaged. An unforseen extra. I am not sure what your concern with Berkeley Painting is other than tardy replies to e-mails. It is a very busy time of year for contractors and we do our best to reply in a timely fashion. If there is anything we can do to help, do not hesitate to contact us.
Bruce Poole - Owner

Ilana from Toronto
Ilana from Toronto

Various outdoor & indoor house painting

Bruce has done a great job with our paint projects. He's professional, pleasant, tidy and knows his stuff. One of our jobs involved a great deal of prep, removing layers and layers of old paint from beams on our ceiling then refinishing them… not an easy task but the results were fabulous. He also made sure the site was clean at the end of the work day; something that's very important to us. There are many friends I could have hired to do painting but sometimes it's worth hiring a professional to get it done right and in a timely fashion. Hiring Bruce was a good call.

Thanks for the endorsement Ilana. A good tip I learned from this job.
When using paint stripper to remove paint from beams overhead, one should definetely wear eye protection. What goes up - will come down.

Mel Clarke from Toronto
Mel Clarke from Toronto

Painting house

Bruce is an excellent painter and very professional, I would recommend him to friends, family and neighbours. He has a great attention to detail and always keeps the job site clean.

Thank you Mel. I appreciate you taking the time review my work.

Alix herber from Toronto
Alix herber from Toronto

Painting and general contractor

Bruce was totally reliable and did a fantastic job painting and fixing the trim on my old Victorian house in Cabbagetown. His work was very detailed and he took the time to work through with me the options. Highly recommend. He is working with my neighbours now who loved my changes.

More about Berkeley Painting

Berkeley Painting is known for its fine interior finishes. Older homes are our specialty. From repairing aging plaster to staining woodwork, painting is one of the many talents we have. Our certified interior decorator can help choose the right colour for your space. If choosing lighting or bathroom fixtures is ...