McKenna Plumbing And Heating Ltd.

Plumbing
GUELPH ON N1E1G6
HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Guelph  >  McKenna Plumbing And Heating Ltd.

Reviews for McKenna Plumbing And Heating Ltd.

Private User reviews Guelph, ON

Bathroom reno plumbing

Hired this company after a good recommendation, and booked well in advance.
Took time off work to be here for them and they didn't show until mid-afternoon the day we booked them for 8am.
The guy they sent was nice, but worked veeery slowly. As he worked I did any general contracting type jobs (e.g. cut 2x4s) to help him out.
For a tub set, new toilet and vanity lines, new toilet flange, and new vanity drain he was here three days, plus a day to finish after the flooring was done.
The invoice was astronomical.... With significant overcharged on materials to thrbtube of several hundred dollars.
When we called to get information about it, we were treated very poorly, and even yelled at.
We fought the invoice amount and priced out full retail price from their supplier...with a 20% mark up it was nearly $600 less than their charge.
We will never use them again and we suggest you don't either.

G Hughes in Guelph
G Hughes in Guelph
2 reviews GUELPH, ON

Water Softener Repair

McKenna Plumbing and Heating Ltd. repaired our Novatek Metermatic water softener which they had earlier installed. McKenna invoiced me $150.74 parts and labour for a repair which was covered under the warranty. I paid the bill promptly, not realizing the repair was covered under warranty.

McKenna's repair did not fix the softener. McKenna didn't respond to three phone messages I left over the next week saying that the repair had failed and asking if they would look at it again. No response. Finally, I hired another plumber who diligently repaired the softener, and who referred us to Novatek who confirmed that the earlier McKenna repaired was covered under warranty.

I contacted McKenna by letter on 2 February 2012 asking that they refund the $150.74 for the warranty repair, and providing them with a copy of their original installation invoice, the Novatek warranty and the repair invoice dated 15 November 2011. I have received no response from McKenna.