Cohen And Master Tree And Shrub Services

Reviews for Cohen And Master Tree And Shrub Services

lkorson202@rogers.com from Thornhill
L. 2.

A Project Well Done!

The project consisted of the pruning and maintenance of various shrubs and trees on our property. Following the expedient and friendly assessment and quoting process, the crew showed up on time and performed their work in a very professional and courteous manner. As such, we have a neater back and front yards, thereby allowing for more sunlight on to the property. Thanks, C&M!

Jennifer in Toronto
Jennifer in Toronto

Tree Pruning

Very professional and knowledgeable. Very pleased with the end result. I would highly recommend them and will use them again.

They were very tidy and a pleasure to deal with.

tree pruning

I have hired this company twice and both times was very pleased. They always arrived on time, worked very hard, did fine work, cleaned up after themselves and were very pleasant.

AB from Toronto
AB from Toronto

Tree services

I paid to have my tree pruned and fertilized. Although I agree and was happy with the pruning, the fertilizing which this company recommended has resulted in my once healthy tree looking pretty bad now. I don't believe this company and Andrew knew what they were doing as they have only succeeded in my tree looking now like it's dying. Not only a waste of money but destruction of a beautiful tree. Definitely would NOT recommend this company.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that your tree is not looking well. We have never had an issue with our fertilizer causing damage to a tree before. We would love for you to reach out to us and discuss the situation further. Andrew has not been with the company for over a year, but we have other certified arborists standing by who would love to take a look at the tree and see how we may be of assistance.

Cedar Hedge

We live on a small lot in midtown Toronto and have hired C&M three times to trim a cedar hedge in our backyard. The first time two times (managed by the owner) they provided a large crew and did a good job. The third experience (managed by Richard) was very different - only one arborist showed up to do the work along with a clean up helper. Gas leaked onto our lawn from their trimmer causing burn spots, but they denied responsibility. Willing to give them another chance, we called to request a quote. Initially they said they would come out to quote. However, hours later we received an email indicating we were unprofitable customers and that the price was increasing from $560 to $915. For one person, our hedge takes 4-5 hours to trim. Needless to say they must pay their employees well! We contacted the owner who said he would look into it, but over a week later he has yet to respond. Like another reviewer said C&M is likely only interested in big customers like the City of Toronto at this point. Thankfully, we have found someone very nice to do our hedge this year and the quote was $300.

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are sorry to learn that your experience did meet your expectations, we deeply apologize for the inconveniences you faced.

Your feedback is very valuable and we will work on the opportunity areas you show.

Cohen & Master

moonstruck from Toronto
moonstruck from Toronto

tree pruning and trimming

After reading a couple of reviews about Cohen and Master, I called to make an appointment. I got a call back within a couple of hours, and made a date for someone to come to my home for an estimate. The appointment was for 4:00, I came home at 3:55. Geoff was already there! Very pleased.
Our backyard was being taken over by this huge overgrown tree.
The conversation with Geoff was informative, and very understandable. I knew exactly what they would do.
I had made a few other calls to other companies, and I had no response from two of them. And the third didn't sound interested.
The tree was completely transformed this week. Not one bit of clean up was left for us to do. Thank you to Geoff and the team for an outstanding job. The price is about the same as I paid to have the tree done 12 years ago, by another company.

Anonymous in York
Anonymous in York

Beautiful reshaping of old tree

I had an old overgrown Russian Olive tree that had taken over much of my back yard. It looked like such a week I thought it should come down. Cohen and Master suggested that I could reshape the tree into something I would enjoy and -- working with me -- they did do that. It looks beautiful and I now have a lovely focal point for my yard. All the technicians and staff were very pleasnat to work with. A very good experience.

Sid Silverberg from Toronto
Sid Silverberg from Toronto

Ash tree - Emerald Ash Borer

I noticed my Ash tree was not doing well & contacted Cohen & Master. I was told it was suffering from an infestation of Emerald Ash Borer and needed to inject the tree ASAP. I was told there was no guarantee but there was a very good chance it could be saved. Unprompted - Within two months, a City person knocked on my door telling me the tree was dead and it was going to be removed! I am thoroughly upset. The injection was completely unnecessary. What conclusion should I can I draw? Had the tree died months later, I would not feel abused. When I called Cohen & Master back, there as no attempt to rectify my displeasure or offer an apology. The only words I heard were about the costs of planting a new tree! I would also note that there was some confusion on the original quote that was provided. I found the quote confusing and unclear. I did not get all the services I thought I agreed to. I also sense I over paid for the service they did provide. I regret using this company. It was a very bad experience. I would not recommend this company. Losing that tree really hurt.

Hello Sid,
We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the situation that occurred. It's unfortunate that the city came and decided to remove the tree without consultation. Here, at Cohen & Master we are all about saving trees and prolonging the life of trees. At the time that the tree was looked at, we honestly felt that the tree was still a good candidate for injections against the Emerald Ash Borer, otherwise, we would not have recommended the treatment. We do appreciate your feedback and if you would like to discuss the matter further, please feel free to give us a call at the office. Kind regards, Cohen & Master.

Allyson S.
Allyson S.

Tree Removal/Replacement

We could not be happier with this company's service and employees! We had Cohen & Master evaluate our tree a year ago, and they explained the process we would need to go through to have it removed and replaced (free consultation). The arborist returned to review our options for tree species, and then the company successfully dealt with all the City of Toronto red tape in trying to remove a very dead tree from the front yard. Their workmen who came to remove/replant were very professional and respectful of our property, and the arborist came by once more to follow up when the job was done. We would recommend this company to anyone!

Pete Sabbah
Pete Sabbah

Tree Inspection - resulting in tree removal

We requested Cohen & Master to review the status of our tree as it was looking quite stressed. Unfortunately, the tree required removal. Due to the size of the tree a city permit was required. Cohen & Master handled the submission and dealings with the city to receive a permit for the tree removal. They were very promote is scheduling the event and were very careful in the removal of the tree with respect to our home and the surrounding homes. They left the property as they found it. In fact you would never have known that a tree removal had occurred that morning. They were great to deal with very professional! Would absolutely recommend them!

More about Cohen And Master Tree And Shrub Services

Cohen & Master is an exceptional team of arborists. We have ISA Members and certified arborists on staff. We specialize in tree care and shrub maintenance within the urban environment. Wether it be tree removal or pruning, we are fervently dedicated to our clients’ arboricultural needs. Located in Toronto, we ...
Looking for Tree Service pros in North York?