Scotstone Contracting

Reviews for Scotstone Contracting

Mo in East York
Mo in East York

Tuck pointing

Scott came out and gave us a quote that was reasonable, he promised to have the job done in maximum 2 days he finished job in a day and a half, matched the color in between the bricks so you can't even tell what was fixed.
Scott also patched our front concrete stairs at no additional charge. He cleaned up after all his work.
Would highly recommend Scott to other people forsure.

beachyoga101
beachyoga101

Brickwork on historic home

Scott is a hard worker and he does a great job. He repaired
failing brickwork above two entrance doors and tuck pointed
a number of areas in need. He is reasonable with his pricing
and gets the work done on time. He's also a nice guy. Hire him.

Bill & Marney from Toronto
Bill & Marney from Toronto

Masonry

We have just had a totally positive experience by having Scott and his assistant Steve from Scotstone Masonry Contracting. They have just completed a beautiful pathway of interlocking brick to our front door and along the side of our house to the deck. Also Scott made a lovely stone bench to compliment the pathway at the front. The rotting railway tie that edged our front lawn was replaced and capped with stone that matched the bench. Scot volunteered to straighten some patio stones that were under our deck and to solve a problem at the back of our yard. Before we decided to have Scot do the project he was very prompt in calling us back and coming over to discuss the project. He had some creative suggestions as what could be done and also what would work best. Both Scot and Steve were very professional but also very friendly. We were called outside several times a day to see the progress and to make decisions. It was very obvious they wanted us to be happy with the work! They arrived early every day and worked to the early evening. Once the job was started they came every day until it was complete.They cleaned up the debris and always left our property as tidy as possible. Scott was also careful to keep the project within our budget.Scot was trained in Scotland as a stone mason.He is proud of his trade and wants his customers to be happy! We highly recommend Scotstone. You will be very pleased with the results!

Anthony from Toronto
Anthony from Toronto

Front of House Renovation

We had the front of our house renovated by Scotstone including retaining wall, steps, and front porch/railings. Scott was extremely helpful in suggesting ideas for how the front could look and what the options were which worked for us as he had great ideas. The finished renovation looked as good or better than what we had in our minds before the renovation. We were kept informed of progress and the quality of the work and value for money was very good. Scott kept to his original quote and did not overrun, we did add a few extras but that was our choice to and the price for these extras was agreed upfront. Thank you Scotstone!

elaine from Toronto
elaine from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Frontyard Hardscape

We live in the beaches, and was looking for a contractor - we were contractor fatigue (we have been duped more than a few times, even with an almost 10 star rated company from HS); because of this we delayed this project for a few years. We interviewed a few companies for this job; Scott was not the cheapest but he was professional and seemed easy to work with. The final product exceeded our expectations - on-time and on-budget. We had lots of compliments from friends and neighbour and have since referred several people to him.

Rhiannon in the Beach
Rhiannon in the Beach

Interlock repair, fix slope of stone stairs

We had Scott do a bit of a fix-up job (in the spring of 2012) rather than a complete redo of some poorly laid interlock and steps, & it was agreed we would therefore not expect a guarantee/warantee. He and his assistant worked hard and did a decent job but there was one area where the glue oozed out, so that doesn't look very good. It would also have been nice to have been consulted on grinding down one of the stairs, which hadn't been discussed. His quote was for cash, i.e. no tax, but when it was time to pay he said he had to charge tax. I asked him a number of times for a receipt for tax purposes, which since I paid tax seemed fair enough. There were a couple of small issues that came up that I think annoyed him but I was always polite. When he finally replied he accused me of emailing him about "complete nonsense" and said he came by and could not see the glue, but it is certainly there, it's not something I would just make up. He seemed to think I wanted a warantee but I did not and had not asked for one. Scott seemed very knowledgable and I am sure a lot of his work is very good. It is unfortunate he could not be more professional in dealing with me and more responsive to my enquiries so that I did not have to pursue the invoice for such a long time, ultimately clearly making him feel that I was harassing him. In the end he said that I should just be happy to have received good work at a reasonable price and to stop contacting him. I wonder if the goverment ever got the 'tax' I paid?