Purchased a pool from Pool Builders Inc. summer 2014, pool was installed on time and job looked good. However, we had issues with the pricing and what was agreed upon to be delivered. Pool Builders Inc. did not document any changes in contract, strong armed and threatened me when I complained. We made a deal with the company to refund some of the products, but they refused to give me fair payment (or any now) and have kept the lights they agreed to refund.
· Installed a nice looking pool and completed ahead of schedule
· Gas company referred by pool builders was very friendly and easy to deal with
· Electrician refereed by pool builders was very friendly and easy to deal with.
· Did not deliver on all functionality agreed upon (lights with automation system do not work together)
· I complained 2 months after install when I found about the lights not working with the automation system as they were supposed to and the company blamed me for ordering too late. However, they never informed me they couldn’t deliver on what was promised.
· Pool Builders agreed to refund lights and automation but then tried to charge me for ‘extra’ concrete poured that was not requested by us. They did not ask for more money until after I complained. After they removed the lights and replaced them with the standard they reneged on the deal and now have the lights I paid for and said they are keeping them to cover the cost of concrete. They have refused to give me any refund even though I have an agreement in email.
· Did not document any extras I requested in contract, very vague details about what they were installing.
· Agreed to install retaining wall with river rock and gave me price per sqft, after install was done I asked when they were doing this and was informed they no longer provide this service.
· Attempted/charged me for extras that were not in contract.
· Threated to take me to court for slander and loss of business if I complained to BBB