Ontario Consumers Home Services

HomeStars  >  Electricians in Caledon  >  Ontario Consumers Home Services

Reviews for Ontario Consumers Home Services

Unhappy Customer in North York
Unhappy Customer in North York

Impossible to get a hold of any their office to cancel account

We have sold our house and are moving out of the city. It has been impossible to have anyone call us about cancelling our account. They make you leave a message and promise to call you back the next business day only to never receive the call back. My cell phone call logs can prove this.
I do not recommend this company and strongly caution anyone from using them.

Umer in North York
Umer in North York

Worst customer service

They scheduled a service three times and no one showed up any time. They keep calling and saying they had an emergency so the technician couldn’t show up. Looks like they only have one technician working for the company. I yelled at her over the phone. We have Better things to do then wait for them and they don’t show up.
I would never never never recommend this company. I made a mistake by getting a product with them.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Water softener

Worst company ever. Do not ever get stuck in one of these contracts. Bought a house and got stuck in a contract. Customer service if you want to call it that is absolutely awful.

Stuart Potter from Whitby
Stuart Potter from Whitby

Hot water tank fail

Inherited an aweful 120 month contract on a hot water tank worth hundreds, ends up costing thousands. No hot water for a week. Many calls to 'service' no calls back. Finally an appointment tonight, but he never showed. Maxium financial is their partner and the staff there are useless and just take your money and run. Nobody delivering service.

Jeremy McGhee in Mississauga
Jeremy McGhee in Mississauga

won't return my calls, won't fix my broken furnace

Not going to get into the outrageous pricing or the long contract OR the lien that they placed on my house. Woke up yesterday morning, had no heat. Called after hours "support", at 8:18 am, they said that they would call me back in a few minutes. 45 minutes later I called back, again, they will call me back in a few minutes. It's now 28 hours later and they still haven't called me back. No other company will service their equipment, and from them - no service, no fix, no care whatsoever.
Initiating a BBB compliant, and considering a lawsuit

Stay away from this company, far, far away.

Unimpressed

I cannot make it any more clear that this is a huge mistake. Unless you live in a region with harsh water then you do not need a water softener. My parents were convinced into renting this for $38/ per month on a 120 month contract. Two people came to there door and insisted them on needed this water softener and my parents invited them inside. They did not explain how long the contract will be and what the penalties were. I cannot even formulate enough words to show my disgust. I just want to warn everyone to not show any strangers who come knocking on your house your bills or agree to any contracts. Ive called 3 numbers and because my parents signed the contract no one is willing to help unless they buy out the softener. They are currently stuck with this for another 59 months. So please please be careful and dont sign anything if you dont understand.

Kevin in Toronto
Kevin in Toronto

reverse osmosis in the kitchen

Their representative explained that I shall pay a monthly fee and they take care of everything including changing the cartridges. The contract was not clear and did not explain the issue very clear. They did it for the first year and after that they stopped it and said that I have to buy cartridges and change them myself and they only service the "equipment" if it has any problem. The cartridges are essential part of the system and now I have to pay five times of the real value of the system without actually receiving the required services.

Dont Get Ripped Off Too in
Dont Get Ripped Off Too in

Got Screwed by OCHS & CWB Maxium Financial

The vendor's lawyer omitted OCHS assignment when I closed on the house. My lawyer didnt pick up. Five months later, I called Enbridge about these unauthorised charges against my bill. OCHS was billing despite not having an assignment from the vendor. After Enbridge put a hold on the payments and opened a complaint. The vendor has 45 days to resolve. Their contact CWB Maxium Financial never contacted me. Instead they threatened the previous homeowner with default. Their lawyer contacted my lawyer so says I have no choice because I assumed it when I closed even if the Terms & Conditions werent disclosed at the time of sale.

I paid $3000 for a water heater that is worth about $700.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THE OCHS COMPANY or their partner CWB MAXIUM FINANCIAL, CONSIDER YOURSELF FOREWARNED.

For an advance PDF copy of the Terms & Conditions, email [email protected]

Mike in
Mike in
1 review Belleville, ON

VULNERABLE PEOPLE SCREWED! BEWARE!

I know this site doesn't want us to use the word that starts with an "S", but there is no other word. Two men showed up at my parents house (77 and 79 years old). Said they were there to check on the hot water tank. They are not the company who owns the hot water tank. They confirmed the hot water tank was ok but that my parents required a water softner. They almost signed off on a rent to own contract $59/month 10 years. But being elderly they needed a co-signer, enter my sister, who in turn figured something was fishy. Sister calls me. I call technician? who is at my parents house and he gives me the story. So if my parents sell in 4 years to go to an retirement/rental they have to have the new owners take over the contract, which no one will, or buy out the remaining $6000, oh ya and the lien on the house "possibly", which means there will be one. So at mortgage renewal time they would end up likely paying off the value of the contract. Completely didn't tell any of that to my parents. I have had trouble with companies like this, you don't even have to be a vulnerable person to get S'ed. I can't believe the government won't step up and and control these monsters. Good Luck!

1 review Welland, ON

Water Heater Nightmare

These folks are shady people to deal with. They prey on the young and old with false promises and elude to having business dealings with government rebates and popular named energy companies (e.g. Enbridge). They gave false information and when they realized that the person who didn't sign wasn't on the mortgage, they threatened them to re-sign. Now they have put a $3700 lien on the mortgage that we have to pay. Surely a water heater is not worth that. Do NOT deal with this shady company.

More about Ontario Consumers Home Services

Ontario Consumers Home Services is a 100% Canadian owned and operated company. Our Management Team has a combined experience of 50 plus years which helps us serve thousands of our customers to the best of our ability. Our organization is one of the fastest growing Home Service providers in the ...