Canada Computers

Reviews for Canada Computers

Gary from Mississauga
Gary from Mississauga

Mixed feelings

The staff at the Mississauga store needs to be more customer oriented. After my purchase the gentleman managing the door (Boxing Day) was polite and wished me Happy Holidays. He made me feel a little better after my experience paying for the item. Here's what happened. I had ordered the item before Christmas and the last day to pick it up was Dec. 24th. Needless to say, with all the pre-Christmas activities I couldn't pick it up so I went late on Boxing Day. The service desk was not busy (one other person in front of me). There was almost no one in line at the cash registers. When I asked at the service desk about where I could pick up my order, the employee said he doubted I could pick it up because it wasn't permitted on Boxing Day but he went to check. So far so good, although I thought maybe I had wasted a trip. Then he found my item and brought it around so I could pay for it. I thanked him for getting it. because it;s the decent thing to do and because he may have had instructions not to do it on Boxing Day. He ignored my thanks. I repeated it and again was ignored. I paid for it and we chatted a little. He handled the purchase well. However, once the transaction was over, instead of thanking me for my substantial purchase and voicing some type of holiday wishes, he lectured me about Boxing Day policy and next time to check the web site before coming to pick up an online order. I got a little defensive but stopped talking and turned and walked out, taking a deep breath to calm down. I came home and checked their web site. If you have the patience to scroll to the bottom of the page and read the fine print, there's a line that says online order pickups "cannot be scheduled" on Boxing Day. What does that mean? To me it means that I can't schedule a pickup time but it says nothing about "no pickups." A word to Canada Computers: say what you mean and don't put this stuff where almost no one will read it! What's with customer service today? More and more we, as customers, seem to be an inconvenience rather than the reason these places stay economically viable. I'll hold my nose and shop there again because of the range of products and prices, but don't expect Canada Computers to value you as a customer. Would I recommend them? Probably, but with a warning. Judging from the reviews here, I'm not the only one who feels this way. Wake up Canada Computers.

Terrible service, products, etc

I've used Canada Computers quite often over time, usually for minimal items that generally do not need replacing, or that I'm alright with the loss. But recently, after purchasing a fairly pricey high end monitor, I've discovered yet again why I was so wary of this place.

Not only are they NOT customer service oriented in any way, but they will mislead you about their warranty service (it's a glorified shipping service from them to the manufacturer. DO NOT BUY THEIR WARRANTY FOR ANY REASON). They refuse to replace or accept that a product is defective, going so far as to tell me they will "call the police" as apparently I'm defrauding them (with my warranty in hand, product in hand, and barely a month past the purchase date). They passed me from employee to employee, each claiming the next was a "step up" and "manager". It's a shady tactic, and it just lead to some guy in a dress shirt who refused to listen.

Their online site is even worse. Don't even bother.

Their staff are mostly untrained, and uneducated on any of their product. They'll mislead you, and then pretend they never said it. It's a blatant sham.

Avoid this place if at all possible. There are so many more reputable tech companies available.

Anna in Newmarket
Anna in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Cell phone purchase

Extremely upset with the purchase of the iphone 5 from their Newmarket location and being unable to reach anyone in the customer service department to address the issue. Bought it in September "refurbished directly from Apple" - home button wasn't working properly from the first week and now the phone quit. Took it to Apple for repair. Their technician confirmed that they don't sell refurbished phones through Canada Computers and most of the parts installed on that phone were not Apple and not the proper fit, hence the phone 'fried'. So how you address something like that since the customer service is not available? I was offered to send an e-mail to general mailbox and someone would get back to me in a few days. But my phone is dead now!? It was a lemon to start with that I paid $400 for. Don't buy from Canada Computers!

Staff of Brats. Shop elsewhere

I have been a happy customer of CC for many years. Yesterday I went into the 366 College store to purchase a second phone from them. The store was mostly empty except for four employees who just gazed at us until we finally asked for assistance. One approached us and was extremely rude and unhelpful in the purchase of a smartphone. We asked if we could try our SIM in the phone to see if it was compatible with the carrier. I told him we could also check on the carrier's webpage by entering the IMEI. He neither offered to do it for us or the use of one of there online laptops. He finally took our SIM out of our phone and put it in the phone we planned to purchase. He could not activate it because it needed WIFI and told us we could not use the store WIFI. Very sullen and mostly "absent" from the whole experience. I commented "Sales must be pretty good" if you are prepared to let a $600 sale walk for lack of service. He let us walk out as if he couldn't care less.
While all this was going on his associate buddies just watched it all. I felt like they were playing some sort of game as to who could pull the best "diss" on the next customer who walked through the door. What the hell is going on at this location?
You CC have a serious problem here.
BTW the fellow who sold us our first phone a couple days before was there and watched the whole event.

AVOID AT ALL COST!

I had purchased a Nexus 6 phone online before the Christmas and it started malfunction right after the new year, then I brought the phone to one of the Markham Unionville store on January 9, 2016 at around 10:30 am to have it check out and the customer service representative offered for an exchange since they had confirmed it is a manufacturer defect, and had placed a transfer request for a new Nexus 6 from Barrie to Markham Unionville store. The service rep had informed me at the store that it normally would take 4 days, so I had waited until Jan 13, 2016 then I called the Markham store for status and the service rep. I had spoken to over the phone stated that the expected wait time should be 7 days, not 4. As a result, I had waited for 3 more days unit Jan 15, 2016 and I called again and then the service rep had advised me again that the product is still in transit and not arrived yet.

It had been over 11 days by today Jan 20, 2016 and I had been calling the Markham Unionville store for status update everyday and the customer service rep. had only been telling me it is either not arrived yet, or we haven't check the shipment that came in today. Today (Jan 20, 2016), the rep. came up with a smart way to brush me off... He said that the phone should have arrived, and will call me back in half an hour so he can go check it, and I had been waited since (over 2 hours by now) and still no call back.

I would have given a zero star if I could. Save your time, money, and sanity and DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM CANADA COMPUTERS!!!

Robert from Toronto
Robert from Toronto

Bought Equipment

Brutal customer service. Won't refund on products even when they're in the wrong or the product is falling apart. I bought an AC adapter for my Mac. It fell apart. I took it back, they said they wouldn't refund but would exchange. Guess what, they never have it in stock. Bought a tool kit for my Mac--asked specifically for one for a Mac. No tools in the kit fit a Mac. They wouldn't give me back my money. Never use them, never buy from them.

me from Duncan
me from Duncan
1 review Duncan, BC

Computer sales

Unbelievable! i find what i want at the price i want on their website. i wait until the next day to phone and confirm the model number and specs. i order the computer, get it, and it's not the one! yeah, sure, they offer me a refund...and say "sorry, we rely on info from our suppliers"...i don't care where they get the info...they posted a product at a price, and then refuse to honour it. And "J" at local 261 apologizes...big deal...words are cheap, and this company, IMHO, is a "bait and switch"! STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!

D.K. from Toronto
D.K. from Toronto

Return and Exchange policy

This company violates own Return & Exchange policy by not accepting items fully eligible for return. They invent conditions not mentioned in the policy. Once they have been asked to show such conditions written on the paper or on their website, they respond: "We have decided so. Matter is closed. Period." The only legal way to deal with such situation is filing a consumer complaint report to Ministry of Government and Consumer Services. And of course avoid their service at any cost! Below is our correspondence with Canada Computers Customer Service with all personal info removed. To be continued on July 29, 2015.
-------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 16:40:25 -0400

Hi <customer>,

We have contacted our Canada computers upper management team and they agree with the store decision.

Canada computers stance is that we consider this matter closed.

Customer Feedback
Sent: July-07-15 11:35 PM

Dear James,

official complaint forwarded to the head office. Upper management may carefully review it during 3 weeks. July 29, 2015 I

escalate my complaint to Ministry of Government and Consumer Services.

Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 15:49:53 -0400
Hi <customer>,

I’ve forwarded your request to our upper management team for review and I’m waiting on a response. Unfortunately at this

time contact through email is the only option for escalations, and the only contact email for customer service inquiries or

complaints is via [email protected]

Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 3:42 PM

Dear James,

I would ask you to be more responsive.

I realize it is very difficult to find a poof of your illegal statement in publicly available return policy, especially if

it does not exist.

I also realize that resolution of this issue is far above your competency level. You simply do not qualify for the job you

are currently doing.

Please provide your direct supervisor name and contact information.

From: ***@***.com
To: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 14:23:33 -0400
Dear James,

There is no confusion from my side. In every email I simply ask to point me to exact line in the publicly available policy

that supports your statement. So far you fail to do so.

Since quoted text is not in the publicly available policy, it is illegal as well as specifics you provide.

I ask you again to provide exact line in the publicly available policy that clearly requires "full UPC and serial number

for the included item" to present on the packaging box.

Are you able to provide it? Please respond in one word: YES or NO.

After you positive response with exact line in the publicly available policy together received, I will provide requested

images, although it is absolutely at my discretion since policy does not require me to do so.

I do not consider this dispute closed regardless of your desire. If you do not wish to continue, well, please provide your

direct supervisor name and contact information and we continue dispute with him.

In any case I will publish this email in social media to show the quality of customer care Canada Computers provides.

Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 13:55:20 -0400

Hi <customer>,

I’m sorry for the confusion, the quoted text was the relevant portion of the return policy which you are not meeting. We’ve

provided specifics as to why that is not the case, and an option for you to provide us details if you believe this is not

the case. If you choose not to then there is nothing further that we may do to assist.

Again, the issue hand is that the item’s packaging was not found to be in good condition. If you do not wish to provide the

requested images to support your claim that the package is in good condition, we will be forced to consider the matter

concluded as it stands.

Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 1:44 PM

Dear James:

I hope you understand, that changing publicly available return policy is far above your level of authority, i.e. it is not

your business to make any modifications or additions into this document.

I still claim that package meets the requirement :“Original package must be in good condition”.

Your unauthorized modification of the return policy to "provide photo of the packaging that shows the full UPC and serial

number for the included item as this was the area where the issue stems from." is illegal. Return policy does not require

me to provide any photo as well as it does not require "full UPC and serial number for the included item" to present on the

packaging box.

Please show me exact line in the return policy that requires "full UPC and serial number for the included item as this was

the area where the issue stems from" and I will gladly accept it.

If you unable to provide exact line number in original document, you may alternatively provide me the name and contact

information of your direct supervisor to continue this dispute.

Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 13:24:28 -0400
Hi <customer>,

The staff have relayed that the packaging included for this return was found to be in non-resalable condition which fails

to meet the clause “Original package must be in good condition” of point 2 for our return and exchange policy. If you would

like to dispute this please provide a photo of the packaging that shows the full UPC and serial number for the included

item as this was the area where the issue stems from. If you had any other questions or concerns regarding Canada Computers

return and exchange policy please let me know.

Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 1:09 PM
To: FeedBack

Dear Roy W.:

Please point me exactly to the line in the publicly available return policy that explicitly states that labels should be

present on the package box.

If you carefully read return policy, you'll find the following statement:
"...Original packaging and ALL of its content..."
Package and content has been returned. Policy does not indicate the presence of labels on the packaging box at all. Hence

absence of labels does not contradict to this term.

So, I wait from you:
1. Exact line from the return policy that explicitly states that labels should be present on the package box.
2. Name and contact information of your direct supervisor.

Subject: Refund / Returns
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 10:58:55 -0400
Hi <customer>,

We have spoken with Mr. H** T*** and the reason the store did not except the return is that not all the full packaging was

returned and due to that issue Incomplete or damaged returns may be refused like our return policy states that it need to

be before we will except a return.

Return and Exchange Policies http://www.canadacomputers.com/policies/?page=returns_exchanges

Roy W
Customer Feedback

David H. Burton in Whitby
David H. Burton in Whitby
16 reviews Whitby, ON

Product

Arbitrary policies that other retailers don't have. Misleading text on web site. Not recommended at all. Will never use them again and will recommend everyone I know to avoid them.

Sofia in Toronto
Sofia in Toronto

Canada Computers

I purchased a keyboard, tried to return it after 13 business days (18 actual days) including Family Day and weekends. Their store policy says return after 14 days. They refused to do a refund. Offered a "store credit" with a 20% restocking fee for an off-the-shelf unused and unopened keyboard. Very rude service insisting on strict interpretation of their 14 day policy. "Sorry bud, bigger men than us decide the policy." I certainly know now that I will never ever shop here again - total &%&&#(@#( service - a complete waste of time and money. When I threatened to write negative reviews online they said 'go ahead' as if they could have cared less what people thought about them. Recommend no one shop there. I suspect the other reviews are written by employees or owners. This was by far the worst retail experience I have ever had.