Prompt Home Service

Toronto ON M3J2P1
HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Toronto  >  Prompt Home Service

Reviews for Prompt Home Service

Unnecessary Repairs and terrible diagnosis

Spent approximately $1200 with Prompt Home Services to "fix" our refrigerator. But it never was fixed. They said they would resolve the problem, but after over two months of their non "promptness" we hired a new repair service. The new repair person's autopsy revealed a major problem that Prompt completely overlooked. Fridge was toast and those repairs were pointless. Prompt Home Services does not know how to diagnose a repair. They just throws parts and your money randomly with the hope each new effort will be the fix. They are neither Prompt nor skilled. Avoid.

Danielle from Old Toronto
Danielle from Old Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Repairing whirlpool dryer

I moved into a condo on the Saturday, the technician ram came to repair the dryer on the Tuesday while we were at work. When I arrived home I was overwhelmed with the dirt and boot prints everywhere. including in my washroom all over my new bathroom mat. I called and asked him to explain why he didn't take his boots off when he came into my home, and also why he didn't clean up. he proceeded to tell me that my home was dirty and there was stuff everywhere. Which I explained to him was because we had just moved in days earlier. He was rude and inconsiderate of our home. I would never recommend his services to anyone.

Winsloe from Toronto
Winsloe from Toronto

Broken Washing Machine

Well it all started off fine. Ramy picked up his phone promptly, arrived the next day, quoted me $350, took my $100 deposit and wrote me a reciept. I called a few days later to check in and was told that the part was on back order. Two weeks later I'm still calling both of the phone numbers on his card - there is no option to leave voice mail - just a "this customer is not available notice". I've now given up and gone with a company I found on Homestars. After 3 weeks of waiting and chasing - the new company fixed my washing machine in 10 min for 1/10 the price. No parts required.

P. Thompson in Toronto
P. Thompson in Toronto

Getting the oven door to unlock after cleaning my KitchenAid Gas Range

Prompt Home Service
416-409-2340
Toronto
M3J2P1

When the door of my 10 year-old KitchenAid gas range failed to unlock at the end of the cleaning cycle late last October, I contacted the KitchenAid Consumer Assistance Centre, who sent Prompt Home Service (PHS) to my house. PHS diagnosed a faulty solenoid. A few days later PHS came with a new one, replaced the original, charged an exorbitant $350.00 and left without testing the part or providing a warranty. In late January 2012 I again cleaned the oven, and again the door failed to unlock. PHS was unreachable. When the Consumer Assistance Centre finally discovered that PHS was due back on the job two weeks later (Feb. 9), they made an appointment for PHS to contact me. PHS never called, nor have they to this day, in spite of repeated attempts on my part to contact them. I eventually called another company, who discovered that the problem was not a faulty solenoid at all but a fault in the range's board. In all I was without the oven for 3 weeks. It is now functional, but the self-clean feature is disabled. To repair it would involve sending the board out for repair to Waterloo. I would be without the use of the stove for a further 2 weeks, and the cost would be about a further $400. All in all, an entirely unsatisfactory and costly service for a KitchenAid range a mere 10 years, (no response to 2 letters to the KitchenAid Consumer Relations Department) and completely incompetent and unethical behaviour from Prompt Home Service.