Cornerstone Brickworks

Brad
Brad
14 reviews Ottawa, ON

Timely, Safe and Professional Chimney Rebuild

Cornerstone Brickworks did excellent work on my Aunt's chimney.

They showed up on time.

They kept the work-site tidy and safe.

The masonry work was professional, clean and well done.

The chimney cap was a precise fit as were the covers for the flues.

My only criticism would be that the flues were not precisely itemized in the original quote for the work. I would recommend that Cornerstone include them in future in their standardized quotes in order to avoid misunderstanding.

Overall, a job very well done. I would highly recommend them.

Darko in Ottawa
Darko in Ottawa

Parging repair

Contacted Cornerstone back in the winter to fix some very damaged parging around our garage.

From the outset, Andrew was very helpful in trying to get a good idea of the issue over email. Then in the spring, Adam came by the house to personally look at the damage and immediately knew the issue (eavestrough runoff) and gave me a reasonable estimate (lower than what I was expecting).

The job itself was done quite well. The work done restored the parging and Alex and his team went above and beyond by plugging up some gaps in the roofing that could do some further potential damage to other parts of the wall.

These guys were very easy to deal with; I would definitely recommend Cornerstone for parging repairs.

Darko

Thanks for the great review Darko.

Cheers!
Andrew

Replace a chimney

We are very satisfied with the work of CornerStone Brickworks in replacing our chimney which had water damage to the mortar. Their estimate was clearly explained and they stated up front that they could not exactly match the existing bricks. The work was done very efficiently, tearing down the old chimney one day and building a new one the next day. The whole crew knew exactly what they were doing. They used an extra wide cap and extended the flashing to prevent future water damage. It was a very efficient and high quality job with a ten year guarantee. We asked for an additional estimate for some drainage work and they brought in a specialist the same day to provide a detailed description of what was needed. This was an extra day’s work, so in 3 days we had two major jobs completed. Both jobs were very high quality and done very efficiently.

Thanks for the great review! It's great to know our efforts are appreciated.

Dave
Dave
6 reviews Ottawa, ON

Removal of old defunct vent, chimney repointing, replace cap stone

Had the guys remove an old defunct vent and replace the brick work. Looks like the original brick. Also had them re-point the chimney and replace the cap stone. Also looks amazing. Will definitely recommend them and use them again for bigger jobs. Excellent professional work.

Thanks Dave! I will be sure to let the rest of the team know that you are very happy with their work.

Richard  from Ottawa
Richard from Ottawa
5 reviews Ottawa, ON

Brick work and stone window sill replacement

This is the fourth time that I have hired Cornerstone Brickworks to work on my 100 yr old+ house in Lowertown. As usual, they were on time to set up to start the work and diligently completed the work. Because the work for the replacement of a second storey window sill had to dry out before applying the caulking to seal the window frame to the window sill, the mason came back the next day to finish off the job and to take down the scaffolding. He also did a final clean-up that was greatly appreciated.

For this job and previous ones, I find the masons and their helpers to be careful of my property (e.g. gardens) and willing to answer any questions about their "work while in progress".

Without hesitation, I would recommend them highly to my friends and family.

Thanks Richard, yet again; it was our pleasure.

Cheers!

Neil Barratt from Ottawa
Neil Barratt from Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Repointing and repair

Cornerstone was great. We had a tricky brick repair that was in a tough to access part of the wall, close to the roof and the adjacent building. Cornerstone provided the best solution of several contractors - one that was safe for their workers, and ensured the problem wouldn't get any worse.

They communicated often, showed up when promised, and did a reasonable job of cleaning the site after they finished.

Thanks for the review Neil, I am glad that we were able to assist you with that one.

Rick R in Ottawa
Rick R in Ottawa

Repointing of Bricks

Really pleased with both the work and level of communication from this company. They kept me informed throughout the process, there was an initial delay that set the start time back a week but they gave me plenty of notice. Great communication. They started and finished the job without delay and the work was great, matching mortar shades is difficult but they did a great job. Both the owner and workers were personable and respectful. I would not hesitate to recommend this company and already have to family, friends and clients.

Thanks Rick! We always give 100%, and try our best. Glad to hear you are happy with our work/service.

Richard  from Ottawa
Richard from Ottawa
5 reviews Ottawa, ON

Masonry work

This is the second time that we have hired Cornerstone Brickworks. The first time was to rebuild a chimney and they did an excellent job. This time was to reset a stone windowsill in our 100 yr+ house so that the water would run away from the wood window casement and to re-point stones under our rear porch. Like before, their quote was very affordable.
The masons were friendly, efficient and did a great a great job. They also took care not to disturb the shrubs under the window being repaired. At the end of the day, the work-site was left clean and we were very pleased with the workmanship.
We will definitely hire them again.

It was our pleasure.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Brickwork, lintel installation and repointing

The whole team were very knowledgeable and communicated the project scope very well. The work provided was well done and the job finished ahead of schedule, would recommend to family and friends.

You're welcome!

Al from Ottawa
Al from Ottawa
1 review , ON

Brickwork

2 nd time I have contracted. Same as the first time - did a first rate job on time. Very professional and easy to work with. Don't hesitate to hire!!

Well AL you know what they say "third one's a charm!". I will await your phone call, lol.

;)