Royal Peaks

Dave
Dave
2 reviews Saint George, ON

Shop renewal

Called late in the season, but made sure to get in done before the first snow.. They guy did the shop roof, windows,garage doors, eaves,soffit and gutter guards. Work was quick and good quality , we are very happy with service and finished product. Mark was great and did not Nicole and dime us for replacement wood on roof and the upgraded garage doors, capping ect. They stayed firm on orig. est. would recommend and use again in the future.

Thanks again guys !

Thanks Dave it was a pleasure doing work you . Mark

1 review Brantford, ON

New Roof Install

Ok to start we had our roof done 3 years ago. They subcontract all the work. They came in and did a great job time wise. 2 days in and out. After the first rain we noticed where all the valleys on our roof the water would just stream off the roof completely missing the gutters, we had two valleys from the roof by our front door causing the rain to pour down by the front door and totally miss the gutter. We phone the owner and informed him. He said he would come by and fix the issue. 2 weeks later we phone again, again someone would come and fix the issue. Needless to say they never came and corrected / fixed the issue.
This issue is caused by the shingles being to far over the lip of the roof. Poor install.
Further more they did not use and tar paper under the shingles. Which is a second defence of leaks. We would not recommend this company to replace your roof. Poor follow up to problems after install no support. Cut corners to save money.

Review has 1 previous version

I'm not sure who would complain after 3 years ??? As a reputable contracting co who does not use subcontractors or inferior products and is the preferred contractor of numerous restoration and insurance companies backed by 34 plus years of experience who values there name . Terribly sorry to this homeowner, if had he contacted me direct as stated this would never have happened Mark Walsh / President

1 review Saint George, ON

Roof Shingles and repair and Eavestroughs

Professional and polite and thorough with estimate. Royal peaks contracts out the roof work and builds 1 piece eavestroughs on site. Installation of troughs is contracted out as well.
Roof work spanned over 3 days and eaves were made in 1 day but installation spanned 4 days as the weekend interfered. Flashing had never leaked before.The flashing for the roof was hastily removed and reinstalled by the contractor. First rain this leaked and Royal peaks was called. They came and added more caulking to try to prevent the leaks. Next rain it leaked again. They were called again and added more caulking. Next rain, it leaked again. This was fixed properly by a separate contractor who noted that the caulking was not done properly or thoroughly. It left areas for water to collect and eventually leak through small gaps in the work that Royal Peaks had done. Twice!
During the first rain after Royal Peaks completed the job I noted that 3-4 inches of water had collected in some of the eavestroughs due to sagging in the middle of the 40 foot long eaves. Also, some of the eaves did not collect the water from the drip edge and the water passed between the eavestrough and the facia. I also noticed holes leading into the attic at the corners of the roof repair. I called Royal and they had the contractor return. They removed screws in the middle of the eavestrough and tried to lift the middles to stop this from happening. It still collects 1-2 inches of water to this day. They added 6 to 8 inches by 3-4 inches of caulking to the holes at the corners where the attic holes were. Royal peaks returned to "fix" the problem with water between troughs and facia by adding a piece of flashing between the drip edge and troughs. They apparently did not bring enough material to complete the job and covertly dissapeared without notifying me they were leaving it incomplete. Follow up calls were ignored and they did not return my calls.
All I know is, if you were a senior or someone who did not have the ability to check the work yourself you would be left with issues that could cause problems immediately or down the road. Initally I was very happy with the work they did until it leaked and I checked the work myself. They were fine with leaving the flaws until I went up to the roof with them to point out the issues. Then, I guess I became a burden to them as too many issues were pointed out. Most of the issues have since been repaired by a separate contractor at extra cost to me.

Bill in Brantford
Bill in Brantford
5 reviews Brantford, ON

New roof and eves trough. 50yr Transferable warranty.

If you are in the market for a new quality roof and eves trough may I suggest you give Royal Peaks Roofing a call. They just finished our project last week and we are extremely satisfied with the quality of the materials used. The workmanship is second to none! Mark the company President knows the value of a satisfied customer and has instilled this into his tradesmen, they are polite and hardworking. Our home and yard was left as clean as or cleaner than when they started. Not the cheapest quote I received for our project, but then again you really can't put a price on total satisfaction!!

Thanks Bill it was a pleasure meeting you and working for you .

Nicole Bauer in Brantford
Nicole Bauer in Brantford
3 reviews Brantford, ON

roof replacement

We have a large roof and they were so great. 20% less than any quote, done quickly and no extra fees for what turned out to be two sets of shingles coming off! great cleanup and awesome work!!
They have a great selection and their staff was very professional.
Would recommend these guys to everyone.

Thanks for the feedback as we are always looking to improve.