We had some water damage (including mold) in our living room ceiling from a leak (from the toilet) in the upstairs bathroom. We have had this problem for years and finally decided to do something about it. I called my insurance broker and learned that the damage was not covered. I asked for a reference for a contractor to come and look at the problem. Radu Nicu (905) 966-7269 came within several hours. Below are some points.
- Radu assessed the problem and spoke to me about the work needing to be done
- Radu sent me a very reasonable quote in writing that evening
- my wife and I hired Radu to complete the work. We bought a vanity including a skink and taps and mirror from IKEA and flooring from Home Depot (total cost approx. $500)
- Radu's assistant worked on the living room ceiling (he had to remove all of the popcorn) while he worked on the bathroom.
- Radu installed a new floor with a sub floor, vanity, sink, taps, mirror and he fixed the skirt around the bathtub and the light fixture wiring.
- the job was completed in the time he said it take to do the job and for the price agreed upon
- both Radu and his assistant did a fantastic job, I would hire him again to do work in our house and recommend him to anyone needing repairs done in their home.
The work looks great. Radu was very friendly, personable and professional. My wife and I are very happy now that our ceiling is fixed and the bathroom looks great!