True North Underpinning

Reviews for True North Underpinning

jhooli
jhooli

Highly Recommend

I got quotes from several underpinning companies before hiring True North. It was the professionalism that sold me. There were no big talking empty promises of a finished underpinned basement being 10 feet high, or quotes that couldn't be met just to get my business. The job was done beautifully, reasonably and respectfully. The price was the price. The time frame was on point. Any roadblocks with the City or contractors, Daniel was willing to go to bat and navigate for me. The True North team is amazing to work with. As a single woman, I never once felt nervous to have these guys in my home. I'm so happy I hired True North. Beautiful job.

Hi Jhooli,

Thanks for the review!! I'm happy to hear that you were comfortable with us throughout the project. We are always happy to help in any way we can with moving all aspects of the project forward. Thanks for letting us be a part of the renovation.

W.K. in Toronto
W.K. in Toronto

Underpinning - Semi Deached

I'm not one to write reviews, but I feel like this is a company that should be talked about.

I know underpinning can be a scary and an expensive process. But when you talk with Daniel and his workers from True North, it really does take the stress away.

I have been looking at hiring an underpinning company for a few years, I received quotes from different companies, some higher, some lower. But at the end of the day it was Daniel who seemed the most knowledgeable.

From the day true north started it was constant professionalism. The speed at which they worked was truly impressive.

If you are thinking about hiring a different company, honestly, don't. Send Richelle from true north an email and you will be extremely happy with the results.

Hi W.K.

I really appreciate the detailed review and I'm glad you were so happy with our service and workmanship. All the best for the new year and finishing off the renovation.

Underpinning and Basement work

We had structural and underpinning work done. Daniel, Sean and the team were very professional and helpful throughout the process. They were quick, diligent and we couldn't be happier with our experience. Would gladly recommend to anyone.

Thank you very much for the review. Glad we could be a part of this positive renovation experience for you. Happy Holidays.

BW in Toronto
BW in Toronto

New basement floor and drainage

We wanted to get a proper basement floor in our 1911 semi (instead of uneven cracked concrete over dirt...) and contacted a few companies for quotes. Some responded, some didn't, but Daniel stood out as professional and knowledgeable, and his pricing was competitive. We were looking for a new smooth, level floor with new drainage and backflow preventer, so the task was not as big as lowering the floor, but still a lot of digging, gravel and concrete. His crew was great and very careful about keeping things as clean as possible in the rest of our house, and our dog was happy having them there too! Very happy with the result and no surprises, everything went well. Thanks.

Hi BW,

Thanks for the review. Happy to fix up the basement for you. Big job, small job, they are all important. Enjoy the new space.

Trish Malhotra from Toronto
Trish Malhotra from Toronto

Basement Waterproofing

I have had ample experience with renovations and True North has been by far the best experience yet. Daniel is knowledgeable and sets you at ease despite the cost of a project such as this. He is personable and trustworthy.
Right from the beginning the project went as planned - they stayed on schedule and on budget - no surprises.
Daniel chooses his crew carefully as they are friendly, respectful, punctual, dependable and very hard working. They left my basement and yard clean. If I could give them 10 stars I would. Thank you True North for providing such excellent service.

Hi Trish,

Thank you for the detailed review. Your project was a smooth and easy one, which is appreciated at the end of the year. No more water problems for you now. Thank you for your business. All the best for the new year.

Samantha in Toronto
Samantha in Toronto

Underpinning

Amazing job. Professional, friendly and experts at their job. Completed the job before the estimated time line. Did a great job cleaning the site each day and very trust worthy.

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for taking the time to review our work. Enjoy the new basement space.

Andrea McPhail in Toronto
Andrea McPhail in Toronto

Basement Underpinning on 100+ Year Old Toronto Semi

Had a great experience with Daniel and his team this summer to dig down, underpin and waterproof the fieldstone/rubble foundation of my 100+ year old house. The crew was excellent, reliable and did a great job, on schedule and on budget. My neighbours were raving about how polite and tidy they were! Daniel was great about accommodating a few last minute changes to the plan (adding structural work for a widened basement entryway partway through the project) and coordinating with my finishing contractor and trades where needed. On top of all that superior service, the price was extremely competitive with other quotes I received.

Hi Andrea,

I really appreciate this review. It was no problem to work with the last minute changes. Keeps us on our toes.... Happy holidays and enjoy your new basement.

Basement underpin

True North completed our basement underpin last month and did a fantastic job. Our 1883 Victorian home presented some unique challenges but Daniel/Josh/Kyle did an excellent job at executing within expected timelines and to budget. They are extremely professional and pleasant, and very competitively priced. I asked lots of questions and they always had time to provide explanations. I'd happily recommend them to anyone.

Hello,

Thank you for the great review. We love unique challenges! I'm glad we were able to work with you and help with your reno. Enjoy the new space.

Joanna from Toronto
Joanna from Toronto

Basement Underpinning

We had a great experience with True North and would not hesitate to recommend them wholeheartedly. From first contact, the owner, Daniel, was professional, responsive and patient with our many questions. His estimate was detailed, transparent and accurate. The crew started the day they were scheduled to begin and finished ahead of schedule. We enjoyed having Sean, Kevin and Saul around. They were friendly and respectful of our home, even taking extra time to interact with our young boys who were enthralled with the whole process. We felt we were in good hands throughout the project and could trust Daniel and his crew to do the job correctly. They fulfilled our expectations and beyond.

Hi Joanna,

I certainly don't mind many questions. The more you know before the reno, the easier it is during the reno. Thank you for the great review. They help keep us going. I'll pass on the compliments to Sean, Kevin and Saul tonight at our Christmas party. Enjoy the holidays and the new basement space.

sondatch
sondatch

Basement Underpinning

We would absolutely recommend Daniel and his crew to others looking for a professional underpinning job for their home. They answered our million questions, and if they ever got tired of doing so they never let it show. They accommodated every request we made, and proactively went above and beyond to make sure they left things for us exactly as we'd want them. You really can't ask for more than the competence, professionalism, and friendliness that we got from True North Underpinning.

Hi Datch,

Thank you for the detailed review. We really appreciate it. Your project gave us some unexpected issues to deal with, but I'm glad we found a way to make everything work to your satisfaction. Good luck with the finishing.

More about True North Underpinning

True North Underpinning is a company fully dedicated to lowering basements of Toronto homes. We have vast experience with all the varieties of houses in Toronto including heritage homes that are over 140 years old, townhouses, detached and semi-detached homes.

We can provide a higher quality service with our True North Underpinning crews who are trained underpinning specialists. You will be assigned a crew that is both professional and courteous. They will see your project through from beginning to end.

When it comes to underpinning your home don't leave it to amateurs or less experienced companies. A major renovation such as this should be done by professionals.
True North Underpinning is proud of our reputation of completing jobs on time and on budget, with the highest quality of workmanship and cleanliness.

Call us for a free site inspection followed by a detailed and itemized estimate. . We are fully licensed and insured including mandatory underpinning insurance.

Underpinning, Basement Lowering, Bench Footings, Internal Waterproofing, Structural Steel Beams and Posts, Basement Walk-outs, Crawl Spaces, Basement Plumbing, Weeping Tiles, and Sump pits