Tesla Construction Ltd

Nick in Calgary
Nick in Calgary
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Kitchen Cabinets

I would like to thank you Tesla Construction for the wonderful transformation they performed on our kitchen. It is truly beautiful and functional at the same time. We are so pleased with the planning process, the installation and the final product. We appreciate the extra effort Tesla Construction made to accommodate our needs. Thanks again for everything.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Kitchen renovation and basement development.

We developed our basement, wet bar, wall unit and stair case with glass inserts. Tesla construction did an excellent job. We were so happy with their work and decided to get our main kitchen renovated too. He made extensions to our existing cabinets with glass inserts and gave it very beautiful elegant appearance. We are very much satisfied with their work and would highly recommend to anyone.

Cabinetry for duplex

This is the second time we hire Tesla Construction to build the cabinetry in duplexes we have built. Boban goes out of his way to make sure the client is satisfied. We highly recommend Tesla Construction.

RAC in Calgary
RAC in Calgary

Kitchen Renovation

The simplest response is that this contractor will say anything rather than take responsibility and own up to his poor workmanship. I'm not sure what happened to the pics went from my original post so I have re-posted some pics showing the poor workmanship on our kitchen. You will have to be the judge but with all of the cabinet makers out there I strongly recommend you keep looking and DO NOT use Tesla construction or Boban for your cabinet work!

We were referred to Tesla construction by another contractor to build and install our new kitchen cabinets. We were initially impressed by Boban's old country manner and the fact he ran his own cabinet shop with computerized equipment. Unfortunately, our experience was very similar to the last review and we learned the hard way that despite the pictures he shows on his website Tesla quality and the attitude of the owner are in fact well below average.
After Boban "finished" installing our kitchen cabinets and was looking for final payment we found peeling maple veneer, blemishes in the painted finish, dust in paint grooves, gaps in drawer joints and both unlevel and outright uneven drawer slide installations so bad that many drawer slides are set at their max adjustment to get decent gaps and one set of drawers were striking each other so bad the slide had to be fully removed and re-installed 1/8" higher. The cabinet fabrication was average at best but the installation work is some of the poorest workmanship I've ever seen. The gable ends were not installed vertically, trim pieces were uneven, large gaps at the ceiling line, nail holes left unfilled and extensive damage to the interior of the cabinets from countless screws drilled randomly into every cabinet box. There were screws everywhere with some side screws too long and blistering the interior of the adjacent cabinets and the "Boban fix" was to simply cover all the screws with stickers. There were more than 100 stickers plastered all over the interior of the cabinets to the point it looked like a disease and unbelievably he told us this was "normal". Worse yet the cabinet backs had multiple screws & holes which not only looked terrible but the majority of the screws only went into the drywall leaving the cabinets only partially anchored to the wall. Boban seemed to be hunting for the studs with his drill and this lack of ability for such a basic task speaks volumes about the poor quality of this companies work.
Bad enough to have the issues but this contractor wouldn't even acknowledge the problems giving multiple excuses to avoid doing repairs and leaving us to resolve most of the items our self. Unbelievably, the cabinets on the right side of our cooktop are mounted a full 1/4" lower than the left side!
We fell for the "old country" charm but don't make the same mistake. I'm not sure what has changed since the first reviews but something has definitely changed and if you're looking for quality cabinet work from a company that stands behind their product ... keep looking. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT USE Boban/Tesla Construction.

Kitchen build for this customer was built with 2 type of finishing wood and 2 color (stain and paint grade) with upgraded drawers - prefinished birch, very good hardware, grass sliders, metal corner unit, recycle bin, kitchen utensils drawer was reduced for about $3,500 to stay within his “budget”.
I told customer that building kitchen that size takes between 4-6 weeks after final decision. December 19th he made his last decision regarding color, which was just before Christmas holidays and most of supplier did not work. He send email on¬¬¬¬ January 5, 2016 asking if kitchen is ready. I noticed that it will be very difficult to work with him. Kitchen supposed to be delivered to his place on time but he extended for 2 weeks due to his absence from Calgary. He also needed to remove old kitchen and make everything ready for new kitchen installation. He also asked me if he could extend installation for 2 more days if he needed. We agree that he call me on time (which mean at least 1 week in advance) so I can schedule installation. I did not receive call that I can deliver cabinets so I let my installer go to do another installation. Owner phoned me on Monday evening to come with cabinets and started yelling and threatening that he will come to my house if I don’t come on Wednesday. I was very shocked with his behavior. I stopped other job and deliver cabinets on time, but job site was still not ready for installation and after that he asked me to extend one more day. I lost one more day not working.
Installation was going in order and everything was leveled with laser and level and cabinets were installed properly and safe. Owner was taking out drawers continually and could not put them back properly so he asked every day to adjust them. He kept denying that he was taking them out but on the end he admits he did. I told him specifically not to touch anything in the process of installation and all necessary adjustment will be done on the.
I gave him handles allowances and he upgraded handles and took responsibility for handles supply. They were not ready on time of installation. I pre-drilled holes and told him that I cannot install fridge panels without handles. I also was unable to install toe kicks because his floor was not finished, but I prepare all peace’s.
During granite installation one drawer was damaged and island post was scratched by granite installers or owner and I took drawer front in shop and resprayed without charges. Last picture on this review he posted is drawer front damaged which I resprayed. Also drawer was fixed as well. Not sure why he put this pictures when both were fixed? He denied scratched post and damaged drawer. He was pushing me to do installation his way so he can put appliances in before all cabinets were installed, so I had to skip my steps and again accommodate his needs. I also sprayed vent for him with no charge.
He was complaining about fast cap stickers used to cover screw holes and want me to fill these holes with wood filler. I told him that we do not use wood filler to cover mounting screw holes.
Job site was cleaned every day and tools were taking out of the way.
I am extremely disappointed with his review because most of them are “let’s make up story”. I gave my very best to install kitchen under circumstances and his constant interfering with process. I also believe that he made that kind of review because it was supposed to be done only his way . He showed no respect for my work or product and his review is very offensive.

Kriss in Calgary
Kriss in Calgary

Built-ins gone bad

Our built-ins from Boban were not finished, he did not paint and cover trim or nails. He said there was a issue with unlevel floor and ceiling and said he would accommodate for this when he took measurements, however the current job has gaps with the ceiling that are very noticeable and look amateur. When we asked for it to be fixed and completed or partial refund he ignored us and told us it could not be fixed. Extremely disappointed and feel ripped off by Boban for not trying to fix with additional trim and finish the painting of the cabinets.

I made custom cabinet for that customer and gave him very good price with discount.
In the process of installation I told owner that ceiling is uneven and I cannot do anything about that.
When job was done I cleaned and vacuumed on job site. I also have a picture to prove it. I asked owner to come and check work done.
After 2 days I receive email from owner about gap between ceiling and crown moulding and minor touch-up.
I explained to him again that gap is due to uneven ceiling and I can put caulking to make gap less visible. I also mentioned that I am available on March 18th to come and do some touch-up and try to put caulking on ceiling hole. I came to the house around 2:40 or 3:40 not sure exactly ,and nobody answer the door so I left touch up paint on front of the door.
Owner send another email and insisting that I make another strip all the way around crown moulding. I told him that we do not do that, especially with that kind of moulding, but if he wants I can make it and installed but with extra cost, because ceiling is not my fault. I have to make new peace- strip, painted and installed. Originally this was not part of the quote.

I have emails that I offer owners to come to do touch-up and check everything one more time, but they refused and still insist to fix uneven ceiling. They told me if I don’t fix ceiling I do not need to come.
I am still willing to do touch-up but I need their approval.

Built-in Cabinets

My wife and I met Boban to discuss our project and he understood our vision right away. He was extremely detail oriented and took the time to make sure the finished product was perfect. He uses high quality materials and the staining, the turn around time, and budget was exactly as described, and expected. We love the new cabinets that he built on either side of our fireplace!

Barbara from Calgary
Barbara from Calgary

Kitchen renovation

Our General contractor introduced us to Boban. Boban was great about translating our rough ideas into a doable project at a reasonable cost. His workmanship and follow-up service have been outstanding. His cupboards are beautiful and fitted out with hardware that make them a delight to use. Boban is the kind of worker it is a delight to have in one's home - clean, personable, on -time and wonderfully helpful. Thanks for a great project!

Kitchen door replacement

I had my kitchen doors replaced this fall (since the drawers themselves very in a good shape still). I have to say that it was very difficult to find someone who would qualify for this kind of job. Lucky enoughI invited Boban for an estimate. He was on site on time and was able do a quote on time. We were given a few choices and a great advice on what is best to do in our case. Boban is a great contractor - responsible, knowledgeable and bondable in the meaning of finding best suitable time for us. The doors were installed professionally and no one would ever guess that not the whole kitchen was replaced. I am very satisfied with the job that was done and no doubt I would recommend this contractor to my friends.

Stuart Clouston from Calgary
Stuart Clouston from Calgary

Basement Desk and Entertainment Centre

We asked Tesla construction to provide a custom designed and built desk and entertainment unit. From the start the service was exceptional. Their focus was to guarantee we got exactly what we wanted and they provided advice on how to improve our ideas to ensure we got the best solution and best looking furniture. The drawings were great and enabled us to modify and refine our ideas and we had many consultations before the design was agreed. Our desk was highly complicated to build due to a complex space it was being fitted into. The finished product is amazing. High quality materials and workmanship and exactly what we wanted. We have had so many compliments about the workmanship. Lastly the other important part .... even though we made a few changes the cost was exactly as quoted and delivered earlier than promised. We would definitely recommend Tesla to anyone looking for custom build work.

Kitchen door replacement

Tesla Construction Ltd
403-827-2502
245174-245258 Range Road 33
Calgary
AB
T3Z1L1

Looking for Cabinetry & Millwork pros in Calgary?