Kingscape Landscape Construction Group

Miriam from Richmond Hill
Miriam from Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Backyard landscape

With a small backyard and a concept in our mind, Kingscape put it all together. It was beyond our expectations. Leaving no grass, they constructed a 2 tier stone patio with a natural gas fireplace, intimate lighting made this a perfect entertaining space for family and friends. Justin and crew are excellent craftsmen at their trade, piecing and configuring the work together, excellent; no short cuts were taken. Being in a service oriented business myself, respecting our neighbours property was my biggest concern. Taking down a shared fence, replacing a large section of front lawn on my neighbours side was done spotlessly. Roads were swept and tidied each night before leaving. Great job, I highly recommend Kingscape. We did have to wait a while for a booking, but it was worth it. Our backyard is the talk of the neighbourhood.
Stephen and Miriam

James and Leigh-Ann from Markham
James and Leigh-Ann from Markham

Complete front yard landscaping

We hired Kingscape to design and landscape the front of our house. Mike and his team were professional and amazing, they did a great job. They had some great design concepts and created a beautiful front yard with stunning curb appeal. The quality of their workmanship is superb. We have received so many compliments and highly recommend Kingscape. In fact, we hope to have them back to work on our backyard next!

Bonnie & Rudy Kieffer from King City
Bonnie & Rudy Kieffer from King City
1 review King City, ON

Landscaping

My husband & I met with Mike from Kingscape Landscape Construction Group to design our front and back yard of our home. We ended up selling our home in Vaughan but told each other we will definitely use his services when we purchase or next home. We actually felt like we had known him for years. When Mike came back to see us in King City one year later we hired him. Not only was he & still is a pleasure to deal with, courteous, polite and very knowledgeable in his field Especially in his own area in King City. Together we planned a design. He is always aiming to please & totally followed through on what he promised. He was very fair with his pricing & even threw in a few extras. We ended up only doing the front yard for the time being. We are now booked in to do our backyard, which we are very excited about. Mike & his whole crew were great. Friendly, organized & a pleasure to have around. They finished the project on time & were very professional. Not only did they do a great job, we feel like we will always be friends. We highly recommend Kingscape Landscaping...no matter what area you live in!! Thanks Mike for everything.

Claudia Machiella from Vaughan
Claudia Machiella from Vaughan

Backyard

We were anxious about beginning such a big project in our backyard, however, Mike from Kingscape Landscape construction was reassuring and confident. He completed the job In the timeframe he promised! His work was impeccable and his customer service was excellent. He was on the job daily overseeing the project and talked us through every step. He was a real pleasure to do business with. Anyone seeking to hire a landscape company should without a doubt make Kingscape the company they choose. They will not be disappointed....any job, big or small we would recommend Mike and his team. He transformed our backyard to a beautiful oasis for us to enjoy for years to come.

N.V. Tonner from Toronto
N.V. Tonner from Toronto

Landscape Design

We found Kingscape Landscapers through our neighbours after admiring their front yard. Within days Mike from Kingscape met up with us and did a walk through. We were impressed with Mike from the start, he was friendly and polite and was very knowledgable. He had great ideas and suggestions that really made a difference in updating our landscaping. We consulted many times and Mike was accommodating with changes made throughout. When his crew showed up, they were very professional and friendly. The crew worked on our front and back landscaping, transforming our ordinary home to our oasis. Their hard work was very much appreciated, especially with the unforeseen mishaps of having an older home. They deliver a quality product in the end that you will be thoroughly satisfied with. We would definitely call them again for any future projects. Thank you Mike, Justin, Mark and Crew

Wanda Morrison from Richmond Hill
Wanda Morrison from Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Backyard Oasis

We met Mike at Kindgscape through a designer that we stumbled upon at the Aurora Home Show. We were embarking upon a major transformation of an irregular backyard space with a vision in mind that could only come true working with the right team.
When my husband and I met Mike for the first time we were relieved that he was skilled and able to explain his approach with enough detail to help us understand the entire scope. Mike likes to share his opinions and he made recommendations that helped us finalize the plan for the pergola right down to the colour of the stone for the fireplace & surrounding pool area. He was a breath of fresh air and very knowledgable which helped put us at ease. Finally, after a few consultations we awarded Kingscape the job and never looked back.
The stone work, the design of the pergola, the TV, the fireplace, the fire pit, the BBQ island - everything is absolutely amazing!! We are so proud of our backyard oasis and we could not have achieved our dream without Kingscape Landscape Group.
All the guys are amazing and so respectful.
We would recommend them to anyone looking for that true professional team to bring your vision to life.
Can't wait to complete the front of the house next year.
Thanks Mike and Team for an amazing space - we are so happy!!

Joe  from Vaughan
Joe from Vaughan
1 review Maple, ON

Frontyard, and Backyard Landscaping

After the first meeting with Kingscape, I was convinced they were the company that could handle my outdoor home renovation project. Mike took the initial landscape design and spent a lot of time up front determining our particular tastes. He then modified the design accordingly, and made it his own. We had stonework, woodwork, and landscaping completed by the Kingscape team. Every team member was very professional both in their workmanship, and behavior, often going above and beyond the work they were there to complete. Lacking personal time to spend on the renovation it was important for me to be comfortable taking a “hands off” approach. I was able to do that working with Kingscape, only getting involved when my feedback was required prior to a milestone being completed in the project. Once the planning was completed and the work began, everything was scheduled accordingly, with different crews showing up on different days and within a week my house was transformed. The Kingscape quote is very detailed, once changes were made, Mike’s honesty was clear by removing costs even before I asked about them (very rare these days when dealing with other contractors). I knew at that point that I could relax and leave the job to the experts. The curb appeal of my home has been increased dramatically, I have had numerous strangers stop by in front of my home and comment on how beautiful the changes look. And I always look forward to the time I get to spend in my new backyard. If you are planning an outdoor project, Kingscape is a company I would recommend. They are experts at what they do. Trust that they will complete your project on time, within budget, and always maintain a high level of professionalism.

Trina from Markham
Trina from Markham

Complete Backyard Landscape

We waited 12 years to execute the backyard that would be our oasis. After an unpleasant experience doing our front yard we were extremely hesitant about choosing another contractor. Mike came highly recommended by a colleague of my husband’s. We went and saw his yard and several other Kingscape projects and were very impressed with their work. Equally impressive were the positive comments about Kingscape’s work ethic. We had many meetings with Mike face to face and quite a few revisions to our plans – he was very patient with this process. Mike came up with a final plan that incorporated everything we were hoping for. He cleverly created different “zones” in our yard for different activities and it works so beautifully - even incorporating a space for a future pool if we choose to add one. Mike was extremely patient/helpful when decisions about stone didn't go smoothly. Even cancelling an order after I rushed to approve something I regretted later that day. He worked very hard to ensure our complete happiness and managed to find exactly what I was describing to him. The stone work in our yard is beautiful and I thank him for hanging in there and finding something so perfect. The Kingscape team are very polite and treat your home, neighbours and street with care. Several neighbours commented they were amazed how they would clean up the street in the evening before they left. My sons would race home from school to see Mike, Justin and the crew and watch their machines at work. Our project started a little later than hoped but one has to consider these guys are dependent on the weather. When Mother Nature isn't on their side then things can take longer than planned. Our hardscape was finished late in 2013 and the trees, plants and nightscaping went in this spring. We couldn't be more pleased with the results. Worth waiting for! We have enjoyed most dinners outside this summer. Having the covered pavilion is wonderful - even when lightly raining we can still enjoy the outside.. While I was unsure of the need for a fire pit at first, it really is a wonderful addition. Very relaxing to sit around it in the evening. We've received so many compliments and can’t speak highly enough of Mike and the Kingscape crew. We are meeting with Mike soon to plan phase 2.

Joan Verner from Aurora
Joan Verner from Aurora
2 reviews ,

Front yard landscaping

I have just had my front yard landscaped by Kingscape Landscaping. I am thoroughly delighted with the entire experience. Although a relatively small job, I received wonderful service. Mike designed a stunning, original plan and the crew carried it out to perfection. Wonderful workmanship. Mike and the crew were polite, enthusiastic and a pleasure to have around. I have received so many compliments from my neighbours. Mike also checks on the
property regularly to make sure everything is growing and settling as it should. I recommend this company to everyone I meet.

Elsa from Kleinburg
Elsa from Kleinburg
2 reviews Woodbridge, ON

Landscaping

I would not recommend Kingscape Landscape Construction Group. In the beginning Mike was great but over time his true colours really came out. We were strung along for well over a year after repeatedly being promised by Mike that he would start our work. After we missed one season we were promised the following year that we would be the first job of the season. Mike called us to do our landscaping when there was snow on the ground. After we consulted with other professionals in the industry they said that it was crazy that he would suggest starting when the ground was still frozen with snow. We told Mike that we didn’t feel comfortable starting with snow on the ground. Mike promised that he would start our work in May. I had a bank draft for the full amount prepared for Mike dated May 2nd which I still have.
Mike continuously promised that he would start our work soon but repeatedly stalled us and came up with excuses. Mike gave us his word that he would start our job in early July but he never showed up. In early August I called Mike once again and he promised that he would be there the next day to start which was a Saturday. We waited at home all day and Mike and his team from Kingscape Landscape Construction Group never showed up nor had the decency to call us that they were no longer coming. We called Mike a few days later and Mike said he had some bad news. He said we should look for a backup plan because realistically he would not be able to start our job until October. We told Mike that we feel that we were strung along for over a year and at this point how would we find another company. Mike promised that he would get back to us with a start date once he had an opportunity to check his calendar later that day. At the very latest Mike promised that he would call us the next morning. To date Mike has not called us back. We are very disappointed in Mike as he came across as a very nice young man who was professional. We believed in Mike and it’s a shame that we had to see this side of his personality. We have lost another season as most landscapers are already committed with other jobs. I would strongly suggest that you consider twice about hiring Mike from Kingscape Landscape Construction Group.

Hello Elsa,
On behalf of our entire Management team, I would like to thank you for choosing Kingscape and for posting a review about your experience. We would like to thank you for highlighting the positive experiences that you had during this construction process. Please receive our apologies for any inconveniences you might have encountered. Our main goal at Kingscape is to provide not only the best product, but also the best experience to our valuable Clients, as many others can testify.
From the beginning of our consultation process in 2013, you and your husband were informed that we were booking approximately 14 months in advance, and that the only way to possibly complete your project earlier was to squeeze it in first thing in the spring, weather permitting, which was always stated to be not be a 100% guarantee. After giving ample notice of when we could begin in mid-April, you had expressed concerns that the weather would not be ideal to begin a construction project, and we respected your concerns. Kingscape would never begin a job if there was the slightest risk that the overall quality and integrity would be compromised. We again gave ample notice that the final week of the month or the first week of May would be ideal to begin your job. Your husband Jerry then informed us that your neighbor had started a major interior and exterior construction project, creating too much congestion in your small cul-de-sac to accommodate our large equipment and the logistics of material deliveries and the work in general. Photos sent to us from Jerry even confirmed vehicles from your neighbors contractors parked in your driveway. Again, you and Jerry felt that beginning at this time would not be ideal, and we had respected your decision, and informed you that our next possible available opening would be late fall of this year, which was our original timeline as discussed in 2013.
Mike had stated on numerous occasions that we had several large projects booked through the summer, making it impossible to begin before then. We would like to thank you for offering us to be paid the full project total in advance, however we NEVER accept full payment as an “incentive” to start a job ahead of our schedule. We follow a strict payment schedule for all of our projects as outlined in all of our contracts. We treat all of our projects fairly, and respect our project construction schedule built around our much valued Clientele.
I would like to thank you for your time, and would like to say that we enjoyed working with you and your husband through the planning process. We wish you nothing but the best in your future landscaping endeavors, and please feel free to let us know if you need anything at all.

Best Regards,

Kelly Bilson
Operations Manager
O. 416-414-7754
E. kelly@kingscape.ca

Looking for Landscape Contractors & Designers pros in Richmond Hill?