Real Canada Wide Moving Services Inc.

Moving & Storage
8546 126 AVE NW Edmonton AB T5B 1G9
HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Edmonton  >  Real Canada Wide Moving Services Inc.

Reviews for Real Canada Wide Moving Services Inc.

Patrick Reed in Edmonton
Patrick Reed in Edmonton

didn't show up.

Didn't show up. I flew with my wife to Montreal from Alberta to assist our daughter's packing and clean up of apartment. We had confirmed booking for move on Sept.29th between 8 - 11 am. At 8:11am that morning we received a call that truck had broken down day before and the soonest they could move our daughter's belongings was in 5 days. I asked if any solutions they could provide us and they recommended we hire a moving truck to pick-up and store until they could get there (ironic?). I then called the customer service specialist line, and left a message to call us back please. Without a vehicle, we finally securred a pick-up last minute in Montreal (not as easy as you may think...ha) and moved everything ourselves to a Uhaul facility that impressed us so much, we gave them the business to transfer the belongings to Alberta for us. Upon getting back to work this morning (Oct.1) in Alberta, i still hadn't heard back from Real Canada Wide Moving so i called to ask if i could speak to a manager about our crisis over the weekend. They indicated i would receive my deposit back, and sure enough a few hours later i received an email 'sorry about that, we refund your deposit. Your receipt is attachment. Have a good day!' As an owner of a few Alberta businesses, i would punish MYSELF if this was my best customer service. Wouldn't recommend

TJWCook in Spruce Grove
TJWCook in Spruce Grove
1 review Spruce Grove, AB

Move from Edmonton to Calgary w/ 2 weeks storage

Local move within Alberta
These guys were not very professional, the movers were not at all careful with the products during either the loading, storage, or unloading phases. Many of my items were damaged and my floor safe inexplicably didn't make the trip from storage to my new house.
They only have a 10 day window from delivery to get your claims in which is a pretty short when you're moving a family with young kids between cities.
The actual movers were also very tough to communicate with due to large language barriers; I might as well have had them just load everything into my garage as they either ignored or did not understand where I told them to put stuff so I had a tremendous amount of hauling to do after the fact.
Also, the estimates on weight were low-balled and the move ended up costing probably 40% more than we had anticipated (maybe we just have exceptionally heavy possessions).
Overall, not happy, would not use again.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Move to Manitoba

This company appeared promising at first, staff seemed polite and responsive. The problems began when we did not accept the first delivery date offered due to home renovations, but made payment anyway. Once they had our money they became unresponsive and delivery was constantly delayed. When we finally received our possessions six weeks later, about a third of the items were missing. We were still unable to set up our household because we had a dining room table with no legs, couch with no cushions, etc. A full two months after pick up we finally received the rest of our order, minus a few pieces that were evidently lost en route. No apology was offered, nor any kind of compensation. If there was even a small attempt to make things right the rating would have been twice as high. As it is I recommend you stay far away from this company.

Katie in Edmonton
Katie in Edmonton

Terrible company

NEVER HIRE THIS COMPANY!!!!! They changed the pickup date to make sure our stuff would arrive on time, never showed up on the day and did not call to tell us they were running late, changed the time 3 times then never showed up. After finally showing up 3 days later they said our stuff would arrive in Calgary by the 3rd when we would be there on the 1st. Had to call them every time we wanted an answer or the invoice. Multiple times there was no answer and no call back when they said they would. Also said they would refund us the deposit and never did. Now they are saying our stuff will not arrive until the 7th while we are living in an empty house. This is the third date that they have said our stuff will arrive. They have done nothing to help us and refuse to give any sort of discount or refund. Terrible customer service and absolutely NO help from the manager.

Heidi in Calgary
Heidi in Calgary
1 review Grande Prairie, AB

Truly aweful! DO NOT USE

When inquiring about service, they assured us that they would dis-assemble and then re-assemble items (ie TV, shelves, bed). None of that happened.

Also every item/box was well labelled (which room it was for), however almost all of it was just shoved in kitchen or dumped on the deck outside at the new location. They were not careful with anything, including the piano (which they were advised of before we hired them).

Though we have called head office to complain that assurances made prior to hiring were not met, complaints fell on deaf ears at head office. We were given the brush off saying oh well, we're busy and have other things to do. We never said we'd do that.

So mad right now!!!

Robert in Vancouver
Robert in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

VERY HAPPY

Hello, I moved with Real Canada Wide Moving from Alberta to Vancouver ,BC. These guys were really good. The gave the lowest quote and seemed to really know what they were doing. They did pick up on time and delivery on time. I have 10000 lbs shipment. It was a big move. They done very well.

Mr.Knight Chris in White Plains
Mr.Knight Chris in White Plains
1 review Laval,

RECEIVED VERY GOOD SERVICE

The movers did a great job, they arrived on time. They took very good care of our belongs, when they delivered everything they even put the items in the basement and garage back on the shelves where they were before. Very good rate, affordable. I highly recommend the company and them.

Patel Sahi in Edmonton
Patel Sahi in Edmonton

Great Job

I cannot say enough nice things about Real Canada Wide Moving. The entire process was a breeze because of the company's professionalism and reliability! Leo, Tony, Kaisi, and Piere were super! They made moving day actually enjoyable with their friendly, courteous, can-do attitudes! And Nicole was great to work with over the phone in the booking process! From day-one, my interactions with this company confirmed that I made the right choice. I researched many moving companies and received a several estimates, and while this company was the most helpful and good rate, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! We went with a cheaper company for our previous move ten years ago, and let me tell you, it was so not worth it! American Moving & Storage is worth EVERY penny! They definitely deserve all of their 5-star ratings! Take the stress out of moving and hire this company; you won't regret it! They treated us, our home, and our belongings like we were royalty. They covered every piece of furniture--even the cheap Ikea stuff that I said not to worry about--with furniture blankets, and they covered the stair rails and door frames with protection as well. They even rolled out the "red carpet" to protect our wood floors. Leo, Tony, Kaisi, and Piere worked so well as a team and they had the BEST energy--they spoke kindly and calmly to one another when maneuvering heavy pieces of furniture and joked around in a very uplifting and relaxing manner. It was such a relief to have them take care of us on moving day!!! They even rearranged our bedroom furniture for me several times until I was satisfied with the arrangement. So patient and so kind! If we ever move again, we will definitely hire Real Canada Wide Moving

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

awful

Underestimated pickup and delivery times. Lack of care for our items (bouncing the dolly down the stairs, dropping boxes, several damages to furniture, many broken dishes). Very poor, aka non-existent customer service. Unsafe feeling dealing with the delivery drivers after we had a payment dispute when the company asked us to pay nearly double their estimate. Unreasonable, unhelpful, unapologetic. I terribly regret using this company.

Evan  in Santa Cruz
Evan in Santa Cruz
1 review Ingleside, ON

My move across Canada

I recently moved from Toronto, Ontario to Edmonton, Alberta and was worried about the procedure, luckily the pros at Real Canada Wide Moving helped me out. The procedure was hassle free and the customer service was exceptional. I highly recommend this movıng company if you're looking for a great move for a cheaper price.

More about Real Canada Wide Moving Services Inc.

Canada Movers, Moving Company, Local and Long Distance Moving Companies. Cross Canada Movers, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal. Moving and Storage Services.
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Edmonton?