Pathway Stone Design Ltd

Reviews for Pathway Stone Design Ltd

CR in Newmarket
CR in Newmarket

Driveway

Update on this issue as of December 2017. Pathway Stone did come back to repair the work and re-pave my driveway as originally promised on their warranty.

Hired this company to do some stonework and pave my driveway in the Spring of 2016. Although they completed the work in a timely manner, the problems came when they left. Patio stones were loose and required more adhesive. The asphalt driveway started to come apart within the same week it was paved. I have made repeated calls and included pictures to ask them to come back to fix it. 3 months ago when they were paving across the street, I confronted the company and asked when they were going to come back to fix my driveway and they said that they would. 3 phone calls, 6 or more text messages and false promises to fix the problem......completely unacceptable.
Do not use this company, you will be disappointed.

Review has 1 previous version

im sorry you feel that way but the delays were out of our control all of the other neighbors on your street understood & worked with us.Good luck to you & your family all the best

Naseem in Brampton
Naseem in Brampton

Driveway interlocking

We hired this company to complete an interlocking job for our driveway. They told us the job will be done in 3 weeks however it took them 5 weeks to complete it. They didn't do a neat job. We have contacted them several times to have our driveway fixed and it has now been over 2 months, no one has showed up and they have stopped answering my husband's calls or messages. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
After Thomas read this review, he responded by asking me to give him a call. This is the owner Thomas I am talking about. All he had to say was why I wrote a bad review and he doesn't have time to come fix our driveway because he is fully booked. I told him the neighbor is complaining about how their driveway is chipping away and it will get wrecked eventually. But he didnt think that was an issue. In my opinion, he doesn't really care about his company's reputation and he doesn't have good work ethics. I will be filing a complaint with BBB and we will hire another contractor to fix our driveway. Companies like pathway stone should not be in business!!!

Hi this is Thomas I don't understand which driveway it is please call me at 9055330601 to have any questions

Durval  in Toronto
Durval in Toronto

Walkway to the front of my house and in the backyard the did a patio

I am very Happy with the work that was done to my home. They came on time did the work very professional. After the work was completed came back to clean up.

Joe was the salesman, I would highly recommend to call him. Joe's number is 416 725 2397

Lisa  in
Lisa in

Walkway & Back patio

My name is Lisa and I live in Mississauga and I got my walkway and my back patio done. I can truly say I am 100% satisfied Joe was the salesman and everything he promised me he gave me I can say he is a very honest salesman and the company itself and the crew did a fantastic job because of my job two of my fellow neighbours fell in love with my walkway and the back patio and now there getting their jobs done this year highly recommend this company.

Teresa in Newmarket
Teresa in Newmarket

Interlock

My name is Teresa and my husband's name is John. I was waiting for this winter to pass before I wrote this review. I got my driveway done & my walkway up the side of my house right to the backyard with interlock. I had a back patio put in. It was done in May of 2016. I am very happy & satisfied with the work that was done at my house. Joe was the salesman. You hear a lot of stories of companies that like to rip people off & I was very skeptical at first but Joe put my mind at ease. Also, the workers are friendly and they are a family owned business. I would highly recommend them. I'm telling you it is 10/10 & the price was very reasonable for all the work we got done. You get what you pay for. Joe promised me things & he delivered.

Sarah in Newmarket
Sarah in Newmarket

Patio

Thomas and his company did a great job was there when he said he was going to be there and the price was unbeatable and the work looks great I got my driveway pathway and fire pit done out of interlock and brand new sod put in I would definitely recommend pathway stone design if your interested in this type of work

raycarter from North York
raycarter from North York

Interlocking Patio Extension

This review reflects the way that I was treated by Tomas of Pathway Stone Design Ltd.. He was recommended by a paving company that I had used for our driveway. Because of this recommendation, I chose Tomas over three other contractors.

On March 30, 2015, I signed a contract for an extension to our existing interlocked paver patio. It was a small job for $ 2542.50 and Tomas said that it was his second signing of the season. He told us that he would be starting work by the end of April or beginning of May.

As I didn't hear from him in April, I phoned on May 7th to schedule him on my calendar so that I could be home while he worked. I made several attempts to contact him through the first half of May and had to leave messages on his voice mail, but he didn't respond to any of them. Finally on May 19th, I left a message threatening to cancel. Within 10 minutes, he returned my call and told me that he knew that I'd been calling and that his phone had been broken. I didn't believe that a contractor would be without a phone for such a long period of time. He said that he'd start on Monday May 25th. He didn't show.

When I managed to speak to him on the phone, he gave me the excuse that it was raining where he was so he had sent his crew home. It was sunny where I live, but he didn't bother to phone me to inquire about our weather conditions nor to tell us that he wasn't coming. His actions of the past weeks set up a red flag in my mind.

He said that he'd come the next day, but because we didn't trust his word, both Tomas and my wife mutually agreed to cancel the contract. He promised to reimburse my downpayment of $292.00.

By August 21st, after many telephone and email requests and many verbal promises by Tomas to return the money, we still hadn't received it. He even ignored two requests by the recommending contractor. I had to assume that he had no intention of returning it. On the contract and on one of his websites that I found, only PO Box numbers were shown, so I couldn't go to an office to question him.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of not having Tomas include a date for completing the work on the contract, therefore I can't successfully take him to Small Claims Court. I paid a penalty for trusting him.

My advice is (1) don't hire this company, (2) always have a date of completion shown on a contract and (3) think twice before dealing with a company that uses only a PO Box number instead of a street address.

Mrs. B in Toronto
Mrs. B in Toronto
2 reviews York, ON

walkway renovation

we were not satisfied with service at all!workmen did not repair a sloppy job between sidewalk and walkway after repeated calls to owner Ron and foreman Thomas. we paid contract in full and were promised this would be looked after. time and time again we were given a time and then no one showed up or called. we both work and had to make time to be available. very unprofessional and since june the problem has not been corrected! stay away from this group

More about Pathway Stone Design Ltd

Interlocking paving jewel stone flower bed