Scotia Stairs

Michelle in Halifax
Michelle in Halifax
1 review Hammonds Plains, NS

Hardwood Staircase

We had a wonderful experience working with Scotia Stairs and now have a beautiful hardwood staircase. The service was professional, friendly, on time and on budget. I highly recommend this company.

Craig in Bedford
Craig in Bedford
1 review Bedford, NS

Renovation

From creating the initial concept to providing a quality installation, Larry and his team of professional installers have certainly set the bar high. Thanks Larry for all the GREAT work!

Anne B in Halifax
Anne B in Halifax

Curved Staircase x 2

I finally took the plunge and decided to have old carpet removed from two curved staircases and replaced with hardwood. I hired Scotia Stairs to do the job and have never looked back. Larry was very informative and explained how the process would unfold. Gary and Danny did a beautiful job and were a pleasure to have in my home. Thanks again for such expertise!

C_MacLean in Halifax
C_MacLean in Halifax
1 review Dartmouth, NS

Hardwood Floor install

Was looking for flooring options for our townhouse. Contacted numerous companies. Scotia Stairs was the most personal and informative, providing expert advice and recommendations. Larry bent over backwards to satisfy our requirements in flooring and finances. He worked with us and ensured we received great service. We look forward to having Larry and his team come back to do our stairs. Thanks Larry!

Demmings in Charlottetown
Demmings in Charlottetown
1 review Charlottetown, PE

Hardwood stairs

Larry at Scotia Stairs in middle Sackville has been doing our hardwood stairs for several years. If you are looking for quality, great service and best value they are the right people.

MONK Renovations in Halifax
MONK Renovations in Halifax

Custom Stairs

I have been using Scotia Stairs for a few years now and find Larry and his crew to be extremely responsive to our questions and request. Their quality of products and carpentry skills are excellent. I would certainly recommend them for any stair project.

Chris Redmond in Burlington
Chris Redmond in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Hardwood Birch Stairs, Risers and Cove Mouldings for a renovation of old stairs and match new hardwood floors..

* Very helpful advice prior to ordering (Geoff and Larry).
* Cost was very competitive and actually cheaper than the big box stores for comparable (true hardwood treads)
* Product is of excellent quality and workmanship
* Ordered, shipped and delivered in less than a week
* Would highly recommend them and would definitely use the company again should the need arise.

Donna Harding from Halifax
Donna Harding from Halifax

Staircase Installing

When we bought our west-end home and needed to replace an upper staircase, we thought instantly of Larry and his Team as he had done work for past clients of ours. It was a tricky design and install as we needed him to copy the lower staircase which was about 80 years old. The quality of design, install and customer service was top notch and we continue to recommend this team of craftsmen to all of our clients! Donna Harding

Greg Roland from Beaver Bank
Greg Roland from Beaver Bank
1 review Beaver Bank, NS

New home build

To future customers,
So if you are in the market for a custom built staircase for your home you would be well served to make Scotia Stairs one of your top picks. As with any major purchase such as this you obviously want the best your money can buy. And we all know there is no shortage of stair companies to choose from. Well let me tell you of my experience with Scotia Stairs product.

There is no doubt in my mind that you will not get a cleaner, more professional product than what Scotia Stairs can provide. When looking for a company to choose I had the following checklist in mind.
1. Price
2. Quality
3. Service

I’m sure price is usually the biggest factor in choosing a company for most people, but you must remember you get what you pay for! Scotia Stairs pricing was competitive with the overall range being in the middle of quotes. But if you ask me, the product I received for a mid-range quote was fantastic. That is somewhat dependant on your choice of woods, finishes, balusters and so on however. So far so good.

The quality was SECOND TO NONE. Take it from me, in another life, I did the stain work and applied the finishes for such items (a competing company) so I know the process thoroughly and I can tell you that 4 years later my staircase is still looking like new. The finish is holding up perfectly, there is no colour fade from the stain either. While the house has settled, the staircase fit is still top notch. One does need to keep in mind however, a staircase is wood, not concrete or steel. So if you drop something sharp or very hard the wood will be damaged and most likely so will the finish. Cleaning them is super easy. Warm water and a tiny hint of (choose your product) Murphy’s oil soap and they shine like day one.

And to the last point, service. In dealing with Scotia Stairs your interaction will almost assuredly be with the owner Larry Stuart. For you, the future customer, this means no waiting on pricing, inventory, or scheduling decisions as he is the decision maker. You get what’s best for you when you need it. And you can be assured his hand-picked installers will do the job as if it was their home.

I hope this aids in your decision making process and provides peace of mind that you have made a great choice in Scotia Stairs. If I was installing another staircase or building a home, I would choose them again and not even bother shopping around.

Cheers,
K. Greg Roland

Bonny Andrade from Ajax
Bonny Andrade from Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Jatoba false threads, newels and baluster purchase

Info for false threads on Scotiastairs.com is mixed and purposely ambiguous. Now after buying I released that it is designed to deceive customers. The picture of the false threads shows that they are to be one piece with all of the width except the front bullnose plowed out. As well my order states that 9” width would be the plowed area instead the ones shipped were made of strips of wood edge glued with only 2 to 3” being plowed and the rest formed by edge gluing 3/4 thick strips of wood. Communication with the owner were not helpful at all. He was un-relenting and dogmatically sticking to non-facts and whimsical explanations even to the extent of false claims about phone calls made to me by the sales rep to explain that strip of wood would be edge glued to make the threads. The owner, in his own words via email suggests that the picture on the website is a thumb nail "to show what is meant when we say Plowed Out Area".
Not happy with this purchase. Spent over $4000 on the whole purchase (newels and balusters included). Would never have purchased the false threads for this much of money if they were made of strips of wood. The only good side is that the finishing sanding etc. is good, it is the material used that I am not at all happy with. I put this one to one of life lessons learned.

Dear Bonny,

As mentioned by the BBB your claims are not justified and I hope you see through the information clearly stated on my web site and by the emails I have sent to you, that the product ( and service ) you received is very high end.

We have had over 3,000 sales in the last 5 years and have never had any complaints to the effect of yours. Once again I wish you well and want to re-confirm that you received very good value for your money and that your products are built to exceed industry standards.

Larry Stuart ( Pres. / Owner )
Scotia Stairs Ltd.

More about Scotia Stairs

BBB A+ Rated & CHBA Members. 3, 000+ stair parts orders in the last 5 years. We ship Canada wide. Go to our Testimonial Page: http: / / www. scotiastairs. com/ testimonials. html - Go to our Facebook Page: https: / / www. facebook. com/ ScotiaStairs - Thank You Larry ...
Looking for Floor Laying & Refinishing pros in Middle Sackville?