Distinctive Fires

HomeStars  >  Fireplaces in Waterdown  >  Distinctive Fires

Reviews for Distinctive Fires

1 review , ON

Pacific Energy wood burning stove

Bought a very expensive Pacific Energy wood stove at Distinctive Fires less than 4 years ago and had it get all rusty over this summer. There are no contact numbers or email for PE on their web site, it just tells you to contact your dealer. I did and the dealer called me back after about a week and said that PE says "claim denied". I asked the dealer to push PE on my behalf and he told me that he has nothing to do with this, that he can't help me as he is just the middleman. He said he would try to get someone from PE to call me back and that happened a few days later and PE told me they don't cover rust and that I should be running a de-humidifier next to the stove all summer (!). Dealer did not help me at all to pressure PE to help me, nor did they call back to make sure I was satisfied - or even offer a free can of spray paint - they told me to come in an buy a can! $6100 stove/install and they can't even offer an $8 can of paint to help when it fails nor do they fight on your behalf. I left a message at the number of the actual saleman who sold me the stove and he didn't even bother to call me back.

Buy somewhere else.

Rob from Burlington
Rob from Burlington
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Neo 1.6 Wood Insert

My wife and I are very pleased with the professionalism of Ed and his team. Ed introduced us to multiple different models but at the end of the day we were limited to the on that would fit in our fireplace. He always took time to answer all of our questions fully.

Day of the install we had Cam and Ben to do the implementation. They were concerned to make sure that they took care of our hardwood floors. Also with some of the job there was dust and they took every measure to minimize the dust. Job was done professional and quick. Both my wife and I are very pleased

Thanks to Ed, team and Distinctive Fires

sheldon in Burlington
sheldon in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

new wood stove

This company was referred to me by my HVAC contractor. The first opinion I got walking into the store lasted throughout the entire sales and installation process--these folks are honest as the day is long and pros every step of the way.

Owner Dominic didn't sell me what I wanted, he sold me what I needed. In fact, it was a smaller, less expensive stove.

Ed and his installation crew were punctual, knowledgeable and attended to every detail (including cleaning up afterwards). Their #1 concern was fire-safety and made sure that every specification for WETT certification was met and that I knew how to properly use the unit.

They also went beyond the call of duty by moving the existing propane fireplace to the basement -- no easy feat, it weighs a ton.

The stove has met my expectations - the company has exceeded them.

thecokeman from Waterdown
thecokeman from Waterdown
1 review Burlington, ON

Fireplace / Wood Wet certif. Experts

Ed has shown a high degree of Professionalism and Courtesy and product KNOWLEDGE of Wett Certif . and wood appliances. ( burning ).. He was Polite , Courteous and Very Professional and his analysis was right on the mark. He knows his stuff and was of the utmost reliability and competence in servicing our needs and completing our outdoor wood burning oven.
W.J.Black

Franca Ianni in Hamilton
Franca Ianni in Hamilton
4 reviews HAMILTON, ON

Torch Fireplace by Napoleon Fireplaces

We selected the contemporary Torch fireplace by Napoleon Fireplaces and found a dealer from their website. We chose to go with a company called Distincrtive Fires located in Waterdown Ontario. What a huge mistake. During the install they snapped our lattices in our garden and even though they said they would replace or repair the- nothing has been done. How hard is it to find wooden lattices?
As well, from the day it was installed ( about 10 months ago ) we have had a problem with the flame blowing out on a windy day. I have called the manufacturer who has never had this complaint. We have had Disticntive Fires into our home to lok at the unit numerous times with promises of a fix and NOTHING. My husband is currently playing phone tag with them even though they called in December to say they were making a shield for the outdoor vent. That was almost two months ago. i am assuming that the shield is somewhere with our new lattice!
I will never do business with this company again. They have given us the run around and wasted our time onnumerous occasions . GO with someone else for your fireplace install.