Snider Homes

General Contractors
Nonoperational

Reviews for Snider Homes

Snider Homes does not pay his suppliers

DISHONEST COMPANY DO NOT HIRE BE AWARE

We extended credit to Sandy of Snider Homes on a 30 day payment term. Its been almost a year now and after may attempts to collect he still has not paid his invoice. Snider homes takes materials from small business, then lines his pockets with the profits and does not pay his suppliers. Through research and word of mouth, it has become clear that he is doing this throughout the industry. He has claimed to be ill and unable to pay his bills but he is promoting his work on various web sites and home shows. Be aware of this company and person.

Not sure who this post is from, but this note is being written on behalf of Sandy Snider who unfortunately did indeed fall ill and as a result became unable to carry on his business affairs. This is a sad ending to a long chapter of a wonderful company that helped thousands of happy customers and supported hundreds of worthy trades and suppliers. There were some short term losses in the aftermath of the sudden health issues and subsequent absence of Sandy from the business, but please note that solutions were eventually put in place to the best of the ability of those helping out, but indeed Snider Homes is no longer open for business. Thank you to all of the loyal customers, trades and suppliers for all of the years of service and patronage. Best of luck to everyone as they move forward in their businesses, projects and careers.

Worst Service of ALL

My dad met Sandy at home show last year. We hired him to do house renovation and extension in August 2016. When we met him, he told us he can do whatever we want him to do, it's just a matter of $$$. And he can start the work as early as April 2017. We paid him in full for Architect, Engineering and Submission for building permit. Up until now (March 2017), we still not getting the heat loss calculation from his Engineer. We had been asking his progression since October 2016, his answer was always "busy". The work he completed so far was just the Architect drawing. He still has the Engineering calculation and building permit submission not done. He has no sense of time. Not keeping his promise, dragging us month by month. How can a heat loss calculation take 5 months to complete? Now we are requesting $$$ (incomplete part) back from him . He is not answering my calls or reply my emails. We are going to seek legal advice for this.

A note to these clients and to the public reading this information on behalf of Snider Homes. Unfortunately, the company's owner/operator, Sandy Snider, became ill last year and this took a serious toll on his business. In the end, he became unable to carry on work due to his condition. The clients were eventually notified of the situation on behalf of Sandy and sent an express apology for the inconvenience this has caused. Furthermore, this matter was resolved for the clients on Sandy's behalf. Snider Homes thanks all of its clients for their patronage over nearly 98 years of service. Although this is a sad and unforeseen ending to one long chapter, Snider Homes wishes the very best to everyone reading this. For those who are looking to have work completed in their homes, we trust you will find another competent contractor through HomeStars, as we pass the torch along and wish the best of luck and success to all the contractors on this website.

Shelley from Aurora
Shelley from Aurora
5 reviews Aurora, ON

Kitchen Renovation

I have given excellent reviews for two other companies on this site but in all of my dealings with contractors including building a custom home 20 years ago, I have never experienced a contractor who was so dishonorable.
My husband and I met Sandy at the Aurora Home Show and were given a $1000 certificate to be deducted from any contract for $5000 or over. He refuses to honor this after we waited 9 months for the kitchen reno to be completed because of delays caused by him.
The first thing he announced to get us to sign a contract for a
kitchen renovation was that he could match the existing oak arch cathedral style cabinetry. This meant that we would only have to replace a few cabinets. He insisted on a $5000 deposit and then we didn't hear from him for over a month until we phoned to learn that he could not match our cabinets and he then tried to up-sell us all new kitchen cabinets. He claimed he had a team of people working for 2 weeks to find a company that could copy our cabinet design with no success. It took me 3 minutes on the internet to find a
company in Mississauga that makes this style of cabinets in matching oak. The number of times we had problems with this
contractor are too numerous to detail here. In the end, we were not
reimbursed for 3 cabinet doors, all of the new door handles and the pantry door that was supposed to be replaced was left untouched.
Sandy also will not honor our $1000 home show certificate. We now wish we had never signed a contract with Snider Homes.

A note to these clients and to the public reading this information on behalf of Snider Homes. Unfortunately, the company's owner/operator, Sandy Snider, became ill last year and this took a serious toll on his business. In the end, he became unable to carry on work due to his condition. The clients were eventually notified of the situation on behalf of Sandy and sent an express apology for the inconvenience this has caused. Snider Homes thanks all of its clients for their patronage over nearly 98 years of service. Although this is a sad and unforeseen ending to one long chapter, Snider Homes wishes the very best to everyone reading this. For those who are looking to have work completed in their homes, we trust you will find another competent contractor through HomeStars, as we pass the torch along and wish the best of luck and success to all the contractors on this website.

Front porch and parking pad

I am thrilled with the transformation of my front porch and parking pad. The Snider team were great to work with --- their workmanship is high quality, they respond in a timely manner, communicate appropriately throughout the project, they clean up after themselves, they are pleasant and friendly --- and they go out of their way to get improved results wherever possible. I would be pleased to recommend them to anyone.

Thank you for your kind words. I speak on behalf of everyone involved in your project when I say it was a pleasure to work both for and with you!

Ian & Cristina in York Region
Ian & Cristina in York Region
2 reviews Aurora, ON

Main Floor reno

The Sniders completed our main floor Reno about four years ago. To this day we continue to be amazed with what we have.
However this review is about the work they did - which was awesome - it is about their follow-up service. In the four years since they completed their work we have had a couple of small issues with our kitchen cupboards. A quick email to Zack or Sandy and a service call is arranged. No charge.
Bottom line - great work and outstanding service. They stand behind their work.

Thank you for sharing this Ian. We do indeed stand behind our work, and we recognize that service is the key to maintaining that quality work over the long term.

BRIAN SUPERVILLE in Thornhill
BRIAN SUPERVILLE in Thornhill

stairs,front door

very professional company with workers who is committed and is very professional . we are very satisfied with the work that was done and I would recommend snider to everyone

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us Brian. You have been incredibly gracious and easy to work with, making your projects a pleasure for our staff. We look forward to helping you with your front porch, walkway and landscaping next!

Family Room Renovation

After the phenomenal job Snider Homes did for us last year renovating our kitchen and basement bathroom, there was no question that we would have them back to renovate our basement family room this year and we were not disappointed. Another fantastic job on time and on budget. Nick and his crew painstakingly removed the poorly built brick wood fireplace put in by the builders and replaced it with a much more pleasant and space saving electric one. Coupled with the new carpet and some added storage space, the room is much more functional and very comfortable. Many thanks again to Nick and crew, Keon, Sandy, and Zack for another terrific job. People who have seen it cannot believe that it is the same room. Mike and Jill

Thank you Mike and Jill for your wonderful feedback. There is nothing more we can ask for than a happy client who becomes a repeat client for life. That tells us that are efforts are not unnoticed and our hard work pays off. I speak for all of us when I tell you how much of a pleasure it has been to continue to work for you and your family and we appreciate your continued support!

gaylelaki in Thornhill
gaylelaki in Thornhill
1 review Ajax, ON

Whole home

Snider Homes has done a wide range of work for me in 2 homes over the past 2 years. This includes 2 bathrooms, tile, hardwood, crown molding, trim, HVAC, paint and insulation. I did a lot of research over 2 years before choosing them. The Sniders general contracting team, headed by "my guy" Nick are prompt, organized, clean and communicate well. All the work has been done to a very high standard and any issues are resolved quickly (because they always return a call). Sandy, Zack and their teams of specialists are always in your corner. They care about delivering quality work and having very satisfied customers. I'm already thinking about my next project and Snider Homes will be my first call! Snider Homes is a family business that treats its clients like you are a valued part of their family and that kind of trust is worth its weight in gold.

All I can say when I read this review is that we are blessed. We are so fortunate to have such wonderful clientele like Gayle and the opportunity to impress with our work and with our service.

Gayle, we cannot thank you enough for your warmth, kindness and for being so FUN to work with! You have impeccable taste, as can be seen in the first project you called us for as a prime example. You made such well appointed selections to help bring our design, layout and execution all together for one of our absolute favourite bathroom renovations. We are so proud of what we accomplished together.

To be called back for repeat business is the ultimate compliment and tells us that our work is valued. We are most appreciative of how well you have treated all of our staff and better yet, we have made a new friend. We wish you all the best in your new home and we thank you again for allowing us to help you make it your very own!

margot knecht in Thornhill
margot knecht in Thornhill
1 review Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

kitchen/familyroom/diningroom reno

Snider Homes proved to be the best decision my husband and I ever made.
We met Sandy and Zack, the owners, at the Markham Home Show,
were extremely impressed with their presentation as well as their references , including several previous clients and made our decision on the spot.
First impressions are very important to us. My husband built his
company here in Canada from the ground up and has always relied on his instincts.
"it clicked " with Sandy immediately!
The honesty and openness of his personality together with their presentation on site, of jobs previously completed led us to make our decision

Thank you Margot and Walter for your kind words. I know I speak for all of us when I tell you that it was an absolute pleasure to work for and with you on this project. Businesses are not always fortunate enough to have nice clients on each and every project. We could not have asked or found nicer people than your family and when you have that warm relationship with mutual trust, confidence and respect, only marvelous things can happen - just as we have all been proud to see in your home!

Kitchen, flooring, bathroom

Jill and I would like to say a big thank you to Sandy, Zach, Nick, Keon and everyone else who worked on our kitchen, bathroom and flooring. We had a bathroom in our basement that we didn't think much could be done with but they did such a fantastic job that you wouldn't recognize it as being the same room. Thanks to Sandy's creative suggestions the upgrades in the kitchen - flooring (including front hall) , lighting, counters, look great. We love the wine rack Sandy! It looks like we have a brand new kitchen. We were very impressed with not only the workmanship but the professionalism and communication between everyone involved. Sandy and Zach were great to keep us updated every step of the way. The job was completed on time and within budget. We would highly recommend Snider Homes for any home renovation project and will definitely be calling them for our next project.

Your sentiments have been shared with the entire team at Snider Homes and we all thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to show you what we are made of. We are so glad to hear how much your are enjoying all of the new spaces we helped you create. Happy new year and we wish you all the best for 2015 and look forward to the next project!

More about Snider Homes

Snider Homes designs, builds and renovates both home and commercial spaces. 93 years, 4 generations and counting. . . we are a proud Canadian family company! What makes us different? There are approximately 6, 000 contractors in the GTA and we are proud to stand apart from the rest in ...