Less Mess Enviro Bag

Clayton in Cambridge
Clayton in Cambridge
0 reviews Caledon, ON

Poor Quality Soil

I got the Top Dressing Blend to over-seed my lawn. The "screened blend" turned out to be a blend of mulch chip, hard plastic pieces and hundred of fragments of the plastic bags this "soil" came from. By no means was the product screened. I used it anyway and 7 days later have not seen a single grass seed sprout. I hope I did not waste two days meticulously caring for my lawn. The bag idea did cause less mess, however there are other options out there that offer better quality product. This is the third time I have used a bagged soil for over-seeding. It is the first and last time I will be using Less Mess.

B in Toronto
B in Toronto

Vindictive service and poor quality

I'm giving this company a one star rating for a few reasons.

1) the bags were not delivered on the "x", causing me to not be able to park without blocking the sidewalk. See first photo. I called them and sent an email as they said to. 4 business days later, no response.

2) upon opening the garden soil, I saw an enormous amount of plastic in the bag. I eventually stopped picking it out because there was so much of it. See photo 2. I called them and sent a message again. No one seemed to care. No attempt to make it right.

UPDATE: 3) after yet another call, someone FINALLY called back. Only because I left a review on Google. They told me that because I left a one star review, they will NOT help me. What a joke

charged a restocking fee after delivery was turned away

I recommended this company to a friend after speaking to a home owner who got a delivery from them. The amounts were way too large even though we used their online calculator. Plus they don't let people know or communicate in advance that they will need to use construction equipment and go across lawns (potentially ruining the lawn). So first time using a service like this how would one know if the company doesn't communicate it. This company should do a better job of communicating how their delivery works and adjust their online calculator as it WAY over estimates the amounts needed. My friend was charged $120 for a restocking fee. In this time where garden supplies are sold out everywhere how can they ethically charge that much money for a restocking fee. Shame on your company!

RyanTheGardener
RyanTheGardener
0 reviews Oshawa, ON

MushroomCompost

Dropped it right where I wanted it & the product was/is good. The mushroom compost I paid for is composted, dark, smelly (in a good way), & moist. Great Product.

Less Mess home service delivery soil

The soils was old promising to be top quality.

I don’t appreciate the miss representations since I didn’t wasn’t shredded plastic in my soil bed where I was growing food for my family to enjoy.

Brutal. I believe my experience was not unique as many reviews shared my complaint.

Sylvie in Toronto
Sylvie in Toronto

Poor customer service

My order was delivered at the wrong place. I was very surprised, inquired about it and was extremely disappointed by their answer. Very poor customer service. A very unpleasant experience.

Brian in North York
Brian in North York

Terrible quality

I ordered one bag of top soil and one of cedar mulch. The quality of both was terrible. This is the second time I used them (thought the first time was just a bad batch) but I will never use them again. The top soil is basically compost mixed with plastic, weeds and all sorts of rubbish. Never again.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Premium Garden Blend

I have ordered Premium Garden Blend from Less Mess and their Premium Garden Blend bag of soil does not come with composed of topsoil, compost but it full of sand, stones, plastic, metal and glass.
What a waste of money. I think better to order somewhere else.

terrible quality compost

I called less mess before ordering and asked what their compost is produced from. The rep misrepresented to me it is made from manure. I ordered an enviro bag of compost and found it full of plastic, metal and glass as another reviewer did. This compost is made of household waste, not manure, and the reps are told to misrepresent because nobody would order it if they knew.

When I called to complain about the quality and spoke to Matthew he asked for pictures and when I sent those in I waited a couple of days and had to call again to ask for a refund. I was not offered a replacement or anything. I asked for them to pick up their trash heap. Do not order.

Nikki in Toronto
Nikki in Toronto
0 reviews Bowmanville, ON

Great Customer Service

I purchased the Compost Soil having read that it and manure are great for vegetables and fruit, also didn't want to spend over $400 for soil from another source. I found there was paper, plastic and metal in the soil, I called up the company and told the rep. Within a couple of minutes I had a call from Matt. He was very understanding and not happy about what his product had, I understood as I've read many companies source their compost from communities and you cannot control what people put into their compost. He said they switched over 7 years ago from manure to compost due to customers complaining about too many weeds. I get it, but he said he was looking into a conveyor belt and hiring people to pick the garbage out like other companies and he offered to replace both of my bags with their Premium Garden Blend. They offered for me to keep the one bag I had half of, I forgot my second plan for it and had them take both. I accepted and it came two days sooner than the email said, while there is some bits in the soil because the compost blend is in with it, there was a lot less. The bags the soil came in are in great condition, nearly no wear to them, I think it is really nice that companies can deliver in these massive bags instead of leaving a massive pile on the driveway.

More about Less Mess Enviro Bag

Less Mess is a leader in the delivery of topsoil, mulch, compost, sand and stone to homeowners around the Greater Toronto Area for less-mess outdoor landscaping and gardening. A cleaner, friendlier alternative to the traditional soil driveway dumping, Less Mess is delivered in prepacked, re-sealable bags. Less Mess gardening soils ...
Looking for Garden Maintenance pros in Toronto?