Less Mess Enviro Bag

Less Mess Enviro Bag

Reviews for Less Mess Enviro Bag

Sebring - Leslieville
Sebring - Leslieville

Damaged my porch, said nothing and now impossible to get a response.

I ordered a cubic metre of pea gravel for my backyard from these guys online. They delivered it today and when I got home, immediately noticed the damage to my porch. The brick column was clearly hit and the limestone cap is now about 4-6" off centre causing the 6x6 pillar to lean significantly. Important to note that both of these support a large roof over my porch. My daughter was home when this was delivered and expected the guy to have paperwork for her to sign, but he took off after delivering the stone. It's difficult to believe he didn't know he hit this because these are pretty large. So he took off without saying anything, which makes this a huge potential liability. I called them immediately when I got home - no answer, no option to leave a voice message so I ended up emailing them. Will wait and see if I get a response and how they will fix this. The irony is this column was just rebuilt - the pillar and porch are brand new. We just finished the porch 2 weeks ago so I'm beyond furious with this level of negligence. Definitely do not recommend these guys. They also left 3 tonnes of pea gravel leaned against that column.

UPDATE: Talked with them this morning and Matt from LessMess basically told me I need to prove that his driver did this, because the multiple photos spanning the last 2 weeks of the redone porch and the fact that 3 tonnes of gravel is leaning against it isn't enough. I have now had to engage legal counsel.

Delivered on time, safe, polite and great topsoil

I ordered 4 bags of topsoil as i planting sod on my front and back yard. As the title says, everything went well and although i was worried about the quality of the soil based on the reviews, the soil I received was perfect. No rocks and the perfect combination of soil for my grass. Many thanks!

Tim Faught in Toronto
Tim Faught in Toronto

Delivered wrong product, refuse to refund

I ordered a yard bag of riverstone, I had ordered similar product from them in the past.

This bag was not the anticipated 2-5" stones I ordered, but rather 1-2" stones. I spread the stones digging deeper in the bag hoping to find the larger stones on the bottom, which was not the case.

I contacted the company to let them know about the product. They dismissed me, asked me to load the rocks back in the bag for a full refund, or they'd give me $15 back if I kept the rocks.

Given the premium you pay for their service, the $15 refund for their mistake is insulting.

I am sure their products are fine most of the time. Should you encounter an issue that is their fault, don't expect them to rectify it fairly.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Less mess is a mess

We ordered two bags - one of soil (a bit sandy) and one of cedar mulch. The cedar mulch was awful. It did not smell or look like cedar. The color is not attractive. We also ordered a bag last year which was great. This year it was junk. It contained sticks and garbage (see the paper towel in the attached photos). The gloves in the photo are mine but the other items are for perspective. We contacted the company and they were unapologetic. You might save a few bucks but you get what you pay for. We won’t be back.

Guelph123 in Old Toronto
Guelph123 in Old Toronto

Pea Gravel

I placed my order. They charged my card. I received an email confirmation with a delivery date. Then I received a phone call stating they don’t deliver in my area. Seriously.....Really bad customer service.

Caledon resident  in Old Toronto
Caledon resident in Old Toronto

Garden soil delivery

Ordered and paid on line. The order was accepted and delivery promised. Delivery didn’t happen and no one could answer why. Then told it wouldn’t happen at all if no other orders from my area placed. Had to scramble to find another source. Definitely would not recommend this company.

Sander in Thornhill
Sander in Thornhill

Poor Quality Soil

Ordered Soil from LESS MESS in the spring. The soil was really poor quality. I ordered the middle of the range soil called "Premium Garden Blend". It had so much sand in it, that the water flecks off of it. My garden was not absorbing water, and my plants did really poorly, even with regular waterings. For another part of my yard, I purchased a ton of bags of a big-box store brand Triple mix, and all the plants in the are thrived. The soil is also a rip off, all you pay for is that bag, rather than it dumped on the driveway. It is $50 cheaper for me to order a 1 yard of higher quality soil from my local garden nursery. From Less Mess, the highest quality soil is $287.00 PER YARD!!! That is ludicrous!

IAN from Vaughan
IAN from Vaughan

Soil Delivery

I order 2 large bags of soil to be delivered to my house. Less Mess delivered them on time and was great to deal with on the phone. Extremely helpful in determining how much soil was needed and what the best kind was for my application.

More about Less Mess Enviro Bag

Less Mess is a leader in the delivery of topsoil, mulch, compost, sand and stone to homeowners around the Greater Toronto Area for less-mess outdoor landscaping and gardening. A cleaner, friendlier alternative to the traditional soil driveway dumping, Less Mess is delivered in prepacked, re-sealable bags. Less Mess gardening soils ...
Looking for Garden Maintenance pros in Toronto?