Less Mess Enviro Bag

HomeStars  >  Garden Maintenance in Toronto  >  Less Mess Enviro Bag

Reviews for Less Mess Enviro Bag

Tim Faught in Toronto
Tim Faught in Toronto

Delivered wrong product, refuse to refund

I ordered a yard bag of riverstone, I had ordered similar product from them in the past.

This bag was not the anticipated 2-5" stones I ordered, but rather 1-2" stones. I spread the stones digging deeper in the bag hoping to find the larger stones on the bottom, which was not the case.

I contacted the company to let them know about the product. They dismissed me, asked me to load the rocks back in the bag for a full refund, or they'd give me $15 back if I kept the rocks.

Given the premium you pay for their service, the $15 refund for their mistake is insulting.

I am sure their products are fine most of the time. Should you encounter an issue that is their fault, don't expect them to rectify it fairly.

Less mess is a mess

We ordered two bags - one of soil (a bit sandy) and one of cedar mulch. The cedar mulch was awful. It did not smell or look like cedar. The color is not attractive. We also ordered a bag last year which was great. This year it was junk. It contained sticks and garbage (see the paper towel in the attached photos). The gloves in the photo are mine but the other items are for perspective. We contacted the company and they were unapologetic. You might save a few bucks but you get what you pay for. We won’t be back.

Guelph123 in Old Toronto
Guelph123 in Old Toronto

Pea Gravel

I placed my order. They charged my card. I received an email confirmation with a delivery date. Then I received a phone call stating they don’t deliver in my area. Seriously.....Really bad customer service.

Caledon resident  in Old Toronto
Caledon resident in Old Toronto

Garden soil delivery

Ordered and paid on line. The order was accepted and delivery promised. Delivery didn’t happen and no one could answer why. Then told it wouldn’t happen at all if no other orders from my area placed. Had to scramble to find another source. Definitely would not recommend this company.

Sander in Thornhill
Sander in Thornhill

Poor Quality Soil

Ordered Soil from LESS MESS in the spring. The soil was really poor quality. I ordered the middle of the range soil called "Premium Garden Blend". It had so much sand in it, that the water flecks off of it. My garden was not absorbing water, and my plants did really poorly, even with regular waterings. For another part of my yard, I purchased a ton of bags of a big-box store brand Triple mix, and all the plants in the are thrived. The soil is also a rip off, all you pay for is that bag, rather than it dumped on the driveway. It is $50 cheaper for me to order a 1 yard of higher quality soil from my local garden nursery. From Less Mess, the highest quality soil is $287.00 PER YARD!!! That is ludicrous!

IAN from Vaughan
IAN from Vaughan

Soil Delivery

I order 2 large bags of soil to be delivered to my house. Less Mess delivered them on time and was great to deal with on the phone. Extremely helpful in determining how much soil was needed and what the best kind was for my application.

More about Less Mess Enviro Bag

Less Mess is a leader in the delivery of topsoil, mulch, compost, sand and stone to homeowners around the Greater Toronto Area for less-mess outdoor landscaping and gardening. A cleaner, friendlier alternative to the traditional soil driveway dumping, Less Mess is delivered in prepacked, re-sealable bags. Less Mess gardening soils ...