Homeland Garage Doors Ltd.

411 Confederation Pkwy Unit 13 L4K 0A8 Vaughan ON L4K 0A8

Garage Doors & Hardware
Homeland Garage Doors Ltd.

Best of Award '22 winner 3 timesBest of Award '22winner 3 times

Reviews for Homeland Garage Doors Ltd.

Johnny
Johnny

Tight, Quick

Very happy with the attentive work that was done on my garage door. Basically I could still hear the door opener making sound but the door / chains was not moving. The repairman quickly figured what was the problem and explained it to me. The fixing was done on the spot as expected without any extra hiccup. I strongly recommend this company for all your garage repairs.

Thank you Johnny for the wonderful review! We appreciate your business!

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Garage door spring and cable replacement

Highly professional and fast service. It only took 1 hour to replace the spring and cable along with other required accessories. Cost is transparent and well communicated before the service.

Thank you very much for the kind words! We appreciate your business!

Garage Door Service

The response to my call was fast and courteous. I was told that the service call fee of $29 would be waived if we agreed to do the repair. Vadim phoned ahead of time and asked if he could come earlier than the original appointment time. He was very pleasant and knowledgeable and with his expertise, quickly diagnosed the problem and replaced the two sensors within twenty minutes. and for a reasonable price. We would highly recommend him and his company to our family and friends.

John and Elisabeth

Thank you John an Elisabeth for the kind words! It has been our pleasure!

Kevin
Kevin

Efficient satisfaction

Our garage door was making a terrible noise and Homeland solved our problem .... Jenny set up an appropriate time and Alex spotted the problem quickly .... he gave us a fair quote and did the repairs promptly .... would recommend Homeland to one and all. Kevin R - Mississauga

Thank you Kevin for the kind words! We appreciate your business!

Beverley in London
Beverley in London
1 review London, ON

Garage door refurbish

Our 21 year old garage door was noisy and had never had any preventative maintenance performed on it.
Our repairman Pavel showed up within the appointment window and wasted no time in getting down to work. He gave us options on what to do to remedy our concerns and performed the work right away, which we appreciated. He made sure that we were happy with the job. The door now runs so much better, quieter and we have piece of mind that it won't break down.
We can't say enough good things about Pavel. He is very knowledgeable and has real pride in his work. Very friendly and polite. It was a pleasure to meet him and we won't hesitate to deal with him again.

Thank you Beverley for the wonderful review! We appreciate your business!

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Had garage springs fixed the same day

Excellent service. Alex replaced my garage springs in a timely and professional manner. The repair was done the same day I made the call.

Thank you very much for the kind words! We appreciate your business!

Nadeem
Nadeem

Garage Door Misalignment Repair

TL/DR: You're good here. Call the number, ask for Pavel, and enjoy having both a repaired garage door as well some faith in humanity restored.

I think maybe I've posted three reviews on Homestars in my life - I wish there was a way to make it clear that this is a genuine review. Hopefully this will help. If you're like us then the following will sound familiar:

- You've given your garage door maintenance almost zero consideration for the better part of a decade, until of course the moment where it fails.
- Suddenly you're staring at a garage door base that sits diagonally against the floor, only slightly, but just enough for you to be certain that by the end of the day - and certainly by the next morning - you will have an infestation of who-knows-what inhabiting your garage.
- You've no idea how this happened, but you set about planning the fix by of course asking Uncle YouTube how to fix this kind of thing. At which point your heart sinks as you see pictures of strange winding tools, and start to hear things like "be very careful, thousands of lbs of torque, extremely dangerous springs, risk injury or death". You then do two things. 1. You abandon any delusion that you're going to attempt this yourself, and 2. You resolve never to pick a second career in garage door installation or repair.
- At this point you start looking around for garage door repair places, and your heart sinks once more as all the places look the same, all of them look generic, and none of the reviews look trustworthy.

Okay, so now - somewhat incredibly - skip ahead just three hours.

- I called Homeland Garage Doors mainly because they looked to be local in Vaughan on Google Maps, although one never can tell due these sometimes being central numbers.
- The lady that spoke on the phone advised me that we could have a same day technician out in a few hours, for a $29 quote, which would be refunded if we proceeded. So far so good. We set a 2hr time window in 3 hrs time and I was advised the technician would call.
- I asked if she could offer any kind of preview of the kind of range of costs that could be involved - but she was very careful not to do so. This part was not so good, but I decided to stick with it, albeit slightly wary of the exposure.
- Exactly a the assigned time, Pavel called and advised he was 30 mins out. Instantly I felt slightly more optimistic by his bright, friendly and communicative tone. Admittedly this was probably just some blind hope.
- Pavel arrived on time, and he was every bit the kind soul he sounded on the phone. You know those people that just stand out because they have an aura of goodness about them? That was the first impression of Pavel.
- The second impression was a mix of surprise and admiration, as it cannot have taken Pavel more than about 35 seconds to diagnose the problem, and within another 60 seconds he had walked me through the fixes involved and, upon my asking, the approximate roll up cost I should expect.
- Basically the cable on one side had broken. This was due to rust on the brackets at the bottom of the door, which had subsequently spread to the cable and the whole thing had snapped.
- Diplomatically overlooking the mess that was our garage, Pavel helped me move a few items to provide some working space, and within about 30-40 minutes I had new brackets, a new cable, new nylon wheel runners, a small fix to the upper door bracket, and everything freshly lubricated.
- Even more impressively, Pavel explained everything he was doing along the way, along with some helpful advice and guidance for how to look out similar issues happening with our other garage door, and a demonstration of the maintenance required.
- He also answered every question I had about garage doors - from the price of fixes to the price of replacements, to different kinds of doors, and current supply issues driving pricing and lead times in the market.
- I actually suspect he may secretly be Gandalf for Garage Door repairs.

In the end the price of the fix was more than I was originally hoping for when I first started googling. But now having looked into it, I'm happy that the money was well spent - not just fixing the emergency issue at hand, but also taking care of a niggling issue with the door that at some point was going to cause more damage, and finally giving me a tutorial on how to extend the life of my garage doors.

All of this came with a kindness, professionalism and reassuring competence that far exceeded my expectations.

I don't know why I've written such a long review, as I know no-one wants to read all this. But sometimes its nice to just recognize goodness and excellence when one sees it - partly for the person who shows it, and partly just because its nice to be reminded that there are good people in the world and that humanity may not be quite so doomed after all.

To Pavel - thank you. To Homeland - thank you, and know you have a gem of a person on your hands.

And to anyone that made it to the end here, (a) thank you, (b) apologies, and (c) hopefully you know what to do now. Good luck!

Nadeem, Toronto

Thank you Nadeem for this wonderful review!!!! We appreciate your business!

Katina
Katina

Great Job!

The torso spring on my garage door broke and I couldnt get my car out to go to work. I called several companies, and Homeland was the fastest to come. The technician, Vadim, did an excellent job. Reasonably priced. The service was done the beginning of July and my garage door still opens and closes. This review is 5 months after the repair. Great job.

Thank you Katina for the wonderful review! We appreciate your business!

Lisa in Brampton
Lisa in Brampton

Great professional, knowledgeable and friendly service

I contacted Homestars regarding my broken garage door opener. I was contacted by Homeland Garage Doors LTD c/o Vadim on the time promised.
Vadim came to assess the issue and provide his guidance on what needed to be done.
Less than a week later, he returned to install my new garage door opener. The install and the walk through was great!
Thank you Vadim!
We will contact you in the coming months to fix the weather stripping on our garage door.

Thank you Lisa for this wonderful review! We appreciate your business!

More about Homeland Garage Doors Ltd.

Few people realize the importance of a working garage door until it breaks down - garage doors are protection for you and your belongings. They house your car, your storage, and serve as an additional entrance to your home. For many they may feel like an afterthought, but they provide a great deal of security in a way that few other doors do.
Best Choice Garage Doors

At Best Choice Garage Doors, our goal is to help you with all of your garage door needs. We are available in Toronto and GTA and specialize in any and all garage door related services including:

Installation – When you need a new and state of the art garage door installed, we can provide you with the perfect choice for the design of your home – one that will withstand the elements and provide you with the look and security you need.
Repair – When your garage door breaks down for any reason, our service experts are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We will send our professionals directly to your home to get your garage door fixed so you can feel safe and secure again.

We also offer both residential and commercial services, and are available for all of your garage door projects both large and small. Our customer service is second to none, and we will be happy to supply you with the installation, repair, or replacement that you need. Call us today to learn more about what we have to offer.