Highland Moving & Storage Ltd. | Starline Overseas Moving

Moving & Storage
#18, 7115 48 Street SE Calgary AB T2C5A4
HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Calgary  >  Highland Moving & Storage Ltd. | Starline Overseas Moving

Reviews for Highland Moving & Storage Ltd. | Starline Overseas Moving

#18, 7115 48 Street SE
Calgary
AB
T2C 4B5

These guys are pros. My movers took exceptional care in moving my Dad’s custom made furniture from my Condo to a storage facility. I frequently hear of moving nightmares but this was stress free. These guys were calm, cool and collected. Not a single item was scratched or damaged.

meghan.huang in Toronto
meghan.huang in Toronto

Cross Country Move - Toronto to Calgary

This was the first time we've moved cross country and it was extremely difficult choosing the right movers. I did hours of research and got 4 different quotes from various moving companies. Ultimately decided to go with Highland Moving due to (1) competitive pricing (2) fast and efficient communication. I was able to get a phone quote and Andrea provided me various options based on weight and what would be packed. Was able to get a $100 CAA discount as well. Other movers came to our house to do a full quote but at the end of the day I surprisingly felt most comfortable with Highland who just did a phone quote. Thats how thorough it was.

When it came to the actual move, I was very worried since most reviews say it just depends on what movers you get that day. Could be great, could be terrible. Luckily, I got an extremely great crew. Amish called a couple days ahead of the move to confirm the time and location. Him and his crew arrived early on the day of our pack and move and packed our items carefully and efficiently. They even had to do a pit stop at our storage locker and we were headed out on the road ourselves for our drive to Calgary so we were able to just let them pack up the remaining items and we were on our way.

During the quote, we were given a 16 day period that we would receive our items in Calgary. Amish called us on day 2 and said our items would be delivered to us on day 4! Amazing! They arrived early that day and unloaded our 200 or so boxes within 5 hours. They even reassembled our ikea bed with hydraulic so we wouldn't have to worry about it.

Amish has a very vigorous item tracking system and all of our boxes were delivered with no issue. He has a fantastic memory of what items were packed in what house, even though he had 7 other people's stuff in his van line!

I was very skeptical of the whole process at the beginning but Amish was able to reaffirm us that everything would be delivered and nothing would be lost/missing.

Would recommend to anyone doing a cross country move - you are in good hands with Amish!

Melinda in Toronto
Melinda in Toronto
1 review Melville, SK

Excellent service

I Highly recommend Highland!! They were quick to respond and very accommodating with our dates. Mike and Wade moved us out, then 3 months later Mike and Randy moved us in to an older farm house with 2 narrow sets of stairs. They never complained once and smiled and had a sense of humour the whole day! I would definitely use them again!

ElizabethH in Calgary
ElizabethH in Calgary

Courteous Service

We were moving our elderly parents into assisted living, so we had to both move and have their new apartment completely set up before 5:30 p.m. Highland movers were on time, worked hard and were very professional and polite. They took good care of the goods they moved, and were able to place them exactly where we wanted in the new place.

Sarah in Edmonton
Sarah in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Residential move

When we decided to use a moving company for the first time I was excited that we going to save ourselves a bundle of work and thankful for this gift from my in laws. The unfortunate reality was thousands of dollars our personal belongings were damaged. Beyond that the workers complained about the number of boxes and the time is was taking to complete the move. Once in our new home an employee began asking how expensive our new home was, overall an uncomfortable question to be asked. The day started out great and went completely downhill. Further downhill when trying to recover even a portion of our damaged items. I was bounced around from person to person with the promise of a conclusion to our claim, which they decided that 54.00 would cover the cost of a 55 inch tv, a 20 inch tv, a chandelier in our new home, and a fireplace tv stand given to us by my father in law who recently passed away that was completely shattered from one of the employees who was running backwards and fell. All and all this was probably one of the worst decisions we made to use highland moving company. I had hoped to hear something back from someone who worked for the company but promise after promise no one has reached to us. They were very accommodating when we booked and from then on completely disrespectful of our thing our time and took advantage of us. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Evelyn Michor in Calgary
Evelyn Michor in Calgary

Highland Moving -United Van Lines Campbell Bros

Calgary to Vancouver Island
1. Packing and unpacking sloppy
2. Refused to set up shelving that they disassembled at origin causing damage to garage door and my husbands shoulder and almost a fatality if he would have been alone - irresponsible unloading
3. After they have your money they will not talk to you
Daisy at Highland is nice but has to escalate to another company Claims Carrie Capone who does nothing Campbell Bros Moving and Storage
4. Highland used United Van Lines for Transport - Claude was packer, Driver, unpacker did not know how to manage other workers or himself. Did not get a professional move :( They use a variety of company names but no one takes responsibility or ownership of problems

We would like to stress that the customer did have some concerns regarding the unpack, as she was not present during this process, but left to go to the Garage with her Husband. The Unpack crew ended up unpacking items she did not want unpacked. It is very important that the customer is present at all time during the unpack to give guidance. As a goodwill gesture we ended up sending another crew to pack these items up and hang the shelving as requested. The customer was very pleased and stated “ everything was awesome, the guys we sent were amazing!!! Totally happy with the setup of shelving and repacking of decorative ornaments. Everything was found except phones and charger for scooter. But the expensive stuff was all found. “
Carrie Capone helped to assist that this would happen and continued to communicate with the customer from the beginning through to the claims process via phone and email. We take pride in our moving companies and want to ensure our customers are receiving the best service.

Regarding the issue with the shelving, the customer was with the driver the whole time during the unloading process into the garage and at no time was it mentioned that he was irresponsibly placing these shelving pieces, rather followed the customer direction on where to place them. We would never want to put anyone at risk of potential injury.

As previously mentioned we regret our customer is unsatisfied with our settlement, however we hope the explanation provide will enable our customer to better understand our position.

AVM in Calgary
AVM in Calgary

Home Move

They had exceptional service and attention to detail. We were moving into a brand new home and they took careful care to lay cardboard under their ramp to avoid any damage to our new concrete. In the house, they actually lined the railing with moving blankets to make sure that nothing scratched the new railing.
They were so efficient with both loading and unloading.

Separately, the scheduling office was incredibly understanding. One week before our initial scheduled move date, I broke my leg and we had to postpone the move. They were so accommodating and just put me at ease.

I have dealt with many moves, both domestic and international, and I have never come across a better overall company.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Move to Vancouver

Thank you to Daisy, Cindy and Liam for coordinating my move. A big thank you to the crew (Ron and Alex) who did a great job as well! I will recommend this company to anyone I know who is moving.

DaRM in Sherwood Park
DaRM in Sherwood Park
1 review Sherwood Park, AB

We highly recommend Highland Moving & Storage Ltd.

We have used Highland Moving & Storage Ltd. for our last 4 moves along with a 7 month stint of storage between 2 of those moves. Your moving team was professional, thoughtful and above all very careful with our 'stuff' and the surrounding doorways and walls - no dings anywhere! When the subject of moving comes up in a conversation, we immediately recommend Highland Moving - TRUE professionals who just get the job done with virtually no stress for us.

Thank you for your glowing review! It is always nice when everything works like it should, especially when you are moving.

More about Highland Moving & Storage Ltd. | Starline Overseas Moving

Highland Moving & Storage Ltd and Starline Overseas Moving is a rarity in today’s moving world. We have been under family ownership since 1938. Peter Kachur started a one truck cartage company in 1938 called Jim’s Express and Transfer. Since that time the company has expanded to be one of the most respected moving companies in Canada and around the globe.

One thing that has remained unchanged over the generations is our service philosophy – one that encourages each employee to take personal pride in their work and celebrates outstanding customer service. As long as we maintain this tradition of pride in individual workmanship, our company will remain a quality service leader.

This philosophy of employee self-esteem has been formalized in our quality service program, “Moving with Pride”. Please visit our websites www.highlandmoving.com & www.starlineoverseas.com for more information.

Moving & Storage
Packing Material, Storage, Equipment Rentals, Floor Runners, Online Estimates, Furniture pads.
Local Moving, International Moving, Long Distance Moving, Cross Boarder Moving, Residential Moving, Office Moving, Corporate Relocation.
United Van Lines Canada, Highland Moving & Storage Ltd., Starline Overseas Moving, MovesOnline, ClickandMove, Relovision Inc.
Highland/Starline is a family owned Canadian company providing transportation, relocation, warehousing, distribution and web based move management for individuals, corporations and government agencies. We operate locally in Edmonton, Calgary, and across Canada, into the US and worldwide. Highland has an exemplary record serving the relocation needs of many of Alberta's largest corporations and is a 100% Alberta owned company. We take pride in participating in the development of our province's resources and the opportunities it presents to Albertans.
1938
Visa, Mastercard, Debit, Personal Cheques, Cash
United Van Lines, BBB, CAM, IAM, FIDI, COMA, Airdrie Chamber, MovesOnline, ClickandMove, AMSA
We have full WCB Coverage.
PROJECT RATE
Fully bonded and insured.
Obligation Free: In home, Online or Office written estimates for any type of moving or transportation.