Vinylbilt Windows

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
Vaughan ON L4K 5A8

Reviews for Vinylbilt Windows

kareles in North York

Customer service is extremely poor. Had to sent photos of completely colour changed windows, in entire house. Advertise great colour product. Completely untrue. Do not stand behind their inferior product. I chose one colour and now the windows all have turned to a completely different colour on the exterior. This has occurred in a period of 3 years after installation. They do not respond to any communication.

I apologize for the issues you are having with your Vinylbilt windows, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please contact us at [email protected] to provide us with more information as well as your contact info so that we can look further into this. Thank you!

ks in Toronto

Ridiculously poor service. Window cracked after installation. Waited weeks for new window to come. Booked day off work only to be called and told the technician dropped the window. Made arrangements again. Booked ANOTHER day off work. Same call: technician broke the window--YET AGAIN! Window cracked in December. It is now almost April. Still waiting. Hmmm...time to review your hiring policy for technicians.

Sam in Toronto

Windows look great from the outside, but don't let that fool you because they can easily fall off its axis and leave a gap when you close them. I had two like that and tried getting them to come for weeks to fix, and finally gave up after a dozen calls. They claim to offer a lifetime warranty when you're buying them, but good luck getting them to honor that after you paid. Buyer beware.

Tod  in Finch
1 review Ottawa, ON

Great product and good value. I noticed a huge savings in my energy bill in the first year of having my windows installed. They look great and function well. 2 thumbs up!

Mos in Toronto

I've had windows from Vinylbilt installed in my house in 2012 and they still look brand new. The dealer I used was Advance Windows which had highly recommended them. My house is much more comfortable and energy efficient. I loved the fact that the windows came with a lifetime warranty that even includes the hardware. This was crucial as my old windows had many problems with broken seals and issues with crank operators. My new windows are really smooth to crank open and came with a screen that is also easy to remove if needed. Vinylbilt seems to be much higher quality than the average window. I will surely use them and the Advance Team again in the near future.

Trent in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

My front window, casement windows and fixed window from this company are great. The sliding windows I purchased had seals that leaked. The windows were replaced with casement windows.
Thanks to capitall in Edmonton

Review has 1 previous version
DAT Newmarket
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Purchased a garden window to replace the 20 year old one in our kitchen. While we were very pleased with the installation and service received from Home Hardware in Aurora the window is the biggest piece of junk. There might as well be a hole in the wall as the kitchen is now freezing to the point that you need to wear gloves to touch the granite counters near the window. I placed a dual thermometer in the window and found over a 10 degree difference from inside the window to the inside just beside the trim. The window let in so much air, that it whistled. A company rep was out to caulk everywhere inside the window but did nothing to help. Several calls to the company have come to the resolution that it is my problem and has nothing to do with design. Apparently the company's 'designers" feel that 5/8" insulation is enough for Canada's climate.

Would never recommend this product or company to anyone

We would like to thank you for your review as we take these comments very seriously. We have spoken collectively about your concern.

In your review, you mention a few items that we would like to rebut.

1. Our representatives did come out and found that the greenhouse was installed correctly and working as it was designed. As for the whistling, we have never had an issue with a greenhouse whistling. We have manufactured thousands of greenhouses over the years without this concern being mentioned.
2. You mention that the greenhouse is 10 degrees colder inside the unit as compared to the inside trim on the interior wall…as we discussed with you over the phone, a greenhouse window protrudes from the warm side of a home. Because of this, the unit will be cooler inside due to the fact that a greenhouse by its nature is manufactured to allow as much sunlight into the home and is constructed mostly of glass.
3. As for insulation, the only area on a greenhouse that can have insulation applied is the bottom as the rest of the unit is glass. Most installations are completed only after a box or skirt is applied to the underneath with R12 to R20 of insulation. This was not done in your case.

Vinylbilt Windows has reviewed your concern and after a thorough investigation feels that the greenhouse window is performing as it should and that as much as we have tried to explain the properties of this window, there is nothing more we can do.

Lesley van de Ven in Pickering
4 reviews Pickering, ON

I have had Vinylbilt Windows installed in my house on two separate occasions. I absolutely love them. They are casements and they function beautifully.

The screens are easy to remove and they are easy to wind out. Most recently they have changed their handles to a beautiful ergonomic style that folds down and clips into itself which is great, as they don't stick out into the room.

These windows come with a fully transferable, lifetime guarantee, rare in this day and age. I would strongly encourage anyone to consider Vinylbilt Windows for replacements.