CBA Electrical & Security Services Ltd.

Alarm Systems
Vancouver BC V6H 1P9
HomeStars  >  Alarm Systems in Vancouver  >  CBA Electrical & Security Services Ltd.

Reviews for CBA Electrical & Security Services Ltd.

1 review Vancouver, BC

Mr. Fong is a highly skilled technician with CBA alarm company. He deserves 5/5 stars. He was able to fix our house alarm when others could not. He is efficient and can quickly diagnose the problem.

1 review Vancouver, BC

Ken from CBA is very professional and friendly.
He fixed our alarm monitoring problem very quickly.
We are very happy with his work.
He is definitely a gem of the company.
Thank you Ken!

1 review Vancouver, BC

David is helpful worker. My home security screen is in Vancouver . But I could not see my home security screen TV inside house 's situation. I called David to fix the screen. Just two day the security screen come back normally. I can see my home inside situation even I am in Hong Kong, Thank You David!!

William1668 in
1 review Vancouver, BC

CBA Security had installed and serviced my resident's alam systems since 1989, and I am very happy with CBA ever since. They gave us prompt response whenever is needed. Not only my alarm systems and also my intercom systems. I felt much safer now since it's under their monitoring system.

1 review Vancouver, BC

Had windows replaced and called CBA to install new sensors in March this year.

The guy David was rude said the window company should have took care of it and then took a very long time to complete while complaining through out his work. After he did the work some of the new windows were damaged and cannot close properly. Ended up paying the window company to fix his terrible work.

The client had another company replace her windows and install the wireless window contacts on the new windows. Since CBA is monitoring this premise, the other company did not have the installer code. As a result, our technician David, who is licensed and bonded, was dispatched to program the new window contacts. He advised the client to have the window replacement contractor pull out the wires from the old windows so that the new window contacts could be reinstalled more easily instead of using the costly wireless window contacts. He also suggested the client to call CBA to install those wireless window contacts since CBA was monitoring the system and was responsible for making sure that the window contacts work properly. David only programmed the new window contacts but did not install the contacts and therefore did not damage the windows. Another contractor, not CBA, most likely damaged the windows. Moreover, since David only did the programming, no parts were used, and the client was charged at a minimal cost of $80.
As an accredited member of Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1991, CBA always settled the disputes (a maximum of 5 disputes over 26 years). No complaint letters were ever posted on BBB’s website. Unlike BBB, Homestar never provides the client’s name and address and the complaints are therefore unreliable as no thorough investigation was conducted. If the client has inquiries and complaints, he or she should contact the manager of CBA first. When CBA called the client, she said she found David’s work satisfactory. CBA has insurance policies and our technicians are licensed, bonded and regulated by the attorney general officer.

Becky Lee in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Special thanks to Ken from CBA Electrical &Security Services Ltd for installing a home security System for our house in Burnaby. The service is excellent and professional, employees are very friendly and helpful with good advice, and teaching me how to use it in very patient and good manner. Highly recommended !

4 reviews Richmond, BC

We got CBA alarm to set up alarm monitoring a few years ago. After a year of using their service, we didn't find the company nor the staff very helpful, So we cancel the service. The company kept sending us multiple invoices even after we have cancelled our service. They also called my work phone, called all my contacts on the emergency phone number list I provided them when we first signed up, called my sister in laws, my friends. Basically harassing us. We tell them sternly each time that we have cancelled years ago. They just wouldn't let go. One day a guy from the company just showed up at my door unannounced, asking for money again. We told him we have cancelled. The guy said they have to manually cancel some signal inside my house. They never said they need to send someone to cancel the signal before. Got in my house and did a bunch of things to my alarm system. We were suspicious and ask for that guy's business card. Turns out he's the president of the company. A few weeks later I still received an invoice from them asking for money. This is a pathetic company that probably operates with two person. The owner and his wife. Stay far away. I'm going to call the police if this guy dares to show up at my door again.

Our records showed that the client started the monitoring service on May 3rd, 2013 and expired on July 2nd, 2014 and that CBA sent out the renewal invoices automatically. The contract agreement said that service will continue unless there is a written notice for termination. Since we had not received any response from the client for more than one year, CBA started to call the client and property reference to see whether or not they still lived in the premise to continue the service. We are sorry that our few calls to the clients verifying clients' information made you feel like "...harassment "..."rude".

The client said she had called for cancellation..." in response to this point, we wanted to find out if CBA asked her verification code & address and a written form for cancellation. If not, there was no cancellation in exist only by a "what you say".

Finally, our uniformed technician was dispatched as pre-appointment to visit the premise to disable the signal & stop service.

It is ridiculous to say that "CBA operate with two people." CBA has been in business for over 25 years. BBB accredited member with A+ rating since 1996, rated one of top 10 biggest security companies by Vancouver Police. We always put safety on our top and utmost priority. Furthermore, CBA has made various charity donations or sponsorships to the communities such as VGH Foundation, Children's Hospital Foundation, Cancer Society, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Foundation, and Chi Heng Foundation, among others.

Dan from Surrey
1 review Richmond, BC

We paid for the hardware upfront but the unit only works for 26 months before it completely broken down. There was no warranty or coverage. We just paying the monthly subscription but without the minitor service. Not recommend

The office, service department and monitoring center phones numbers are always available to help. We recommend the client to test their alarm every 3 months (sticker in the keypad has labeled all of the phone numbers). Sorry to hear that you are not happy with our service.