Electrilight

HomeStars  >  Electricians in Oakville  >  Electrilight

Reviews for Electrilight

Michelle in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

We had used Rob in the past for some general electric work in our home. We recently hired him again as we purchased a new hot tub and needed it wired and hooked up. Rob was responsive, and worked around our schedule to get the job done. He managed the permit and inspection. We will continue to trust Rob with all our future electrical needs. We highly recommend him.

absolutely happy I could help. Have a great hot tub summer!

Joy S. from Georgetown
9 reviews Georgetown, ON

I needed a number of things looked after when I bought a house. Robert came out, on time, super professional and efficient and friendly, and wired a new fixture, among other small jobs. I then had him come out to replace my circuit board.

Outstanding work, minimum disruption to me, very good job.

B Vetrone from Burlington
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Robert is someone I would recommend without hesitation to anyone. He is a pleasure to work with - he is a great electrician, fair in price, punctual, sticks to his timeline, stands behind his work, and is respectful to your home. Inspections passed with no issues at all. If we ever need an electrician again we won't ask anyone else. (We had some minor issues with defective bulbs and Robert investigated with the supplier and came back two times to replace them. Who else would do that?) Electrical wiring is an important job and Robert you can trust.

Hope you enjoy your basement space. Sorry about the pot light bulbs, but hopefully the issues have been resolved and will not re-occur. LED is always the better option if you wish to replace them a few at a time. It has been a pleasure working for you. Robert

Gayle in Oakville

We required a fair amount of electrical work to be completed after a fire at our home. We met Robert McKinnon through our contractor, who brought him in to do the electrical work. I cannot say enough about the service that Robert provided. He was extremely pleasant and professional, and provided us with very helpful advice and information. Through all stages of work he kept us informed, including explaining the inspection process. We would not hesitate to recommend Robert to anyone looking for an electrician.

Gayle,
I cannot imagine what you have gone through over the past few months while your house was repaired from the fire/smoke damages. I am happy to have been part of the reconstruction of your home and it certainly makes our jobs rewarding to see the pleasure it has provided your family upon your return. The ESA inspections were seamless and allowed for the work to continue and to get it all done on-time. The LED pot light bulbs will certainly reduce heat and consumption, hopefully we'll see the 25 year guarantee by philips lighting! It has been my pleasure and I look forward to hearing from you if needed.

Gordon B. Toronto

I found Robert McKinnon of Electrilight Ltd on HomeStars. Despite Robert being a new member to the site I was impressed by his comments on the Forum which made him stand out. Robert has been there when we needed him and he had no hesitation in working on a job started by our regular electrician and did not finger point or whine about anything. This was important to us as we need real trades to do real work without being primadonas. Being in the construction Industry so long you become jaded and almost have to brace yourself for problems with new workers or sub-contractors. Robert it has been a pleasure to work with you and I have no hesitation in referring you to our clients and hope that you will continue to serve us and our clients with the same attitude, the positive attitude you have now. We also thank you for finding that other questionable work done by the previous owner and for keeping the present owners safe.
Truly,
Gordon Thomas Bailey

Gordon,
I appreciate the kind remarks and am happy to have helped you out of this jamb. The work wasn't "ideal and easy" but like most electrical work, it happens like this daily. I say, "a day without a challenge is a day I should have stayed in bed".
Your team was great to work with and clearly focused on getting the job done.
Nice to have met you and look forward to continuing our building sites in a professional manner.
Till next project!

Ron in Oakville
6 reviews OAKVILLE, ON

Hired Electrilight to come in and totally rewire our home as it was gutted and redone. very professional company with the know how and professionalism needed to get our project done, above and beyond our requests. certainly wasn't the lowest price, but gave more than the job requested. Had to come back to replace a few damaged parts during move in time, but no complaints or extra fees.
Highly recommended

Pleasure doing business for you. Glad the job went well and you are happy. That 3 year warranty on the jobs should make you happy as well. Do it once, do it right the first time.

More about Electrilight

Electrilight is proud to repair, develop, and install electrical systems that are designed to last, perform and conserve resources for the future. Every job is done within the client's needs and best interests by following CEC and ESA codes.