Royal Van Lines, Inc.

Moving & Storage
Moving & Storage
Royal Van Lines, Inc.

Reviews for Royal Van Lines, Inc.

Maja from Toronto
Maja from Toronto

Moving

DO NOT EVER CONSIDER THIS COMPANY!! I could write a novel on their duplicity. They found every way to add bogus services and were two weeks late in delivery to the U.S. Customer service is non-existent -- they do not return calls and when sufficiently harassed, the GM was insulting to me, stating it was my problem that I had to stay in a hotel for two weeks until the goods arrived. They did arrive but only because they had been subcontracted to a Montreal firm. I wonder if they are actually a moving company at all.

Jennifer Lake from South Ohio
Jennifer Lake from South Ohio
1 review Montreal, QC

Moved across the country

Royal Van Lines do not keep their word for anything they do. it cost me $1800.00 to move enough stuff to fill the back of a pickup truck. Then they destroyed my bags. They took a Black Magic Marker and wrote giant numbers on irreplaceable leather and cloth bags. No way of getting the marker off without ruining the bags and they now look terrible. They also broke a rolling cart full of paper products, dropped it all into the snow and then tried to hide it by cramming it all back into the cart and covering it. So when I contacted them they gave me a huge excuse as to why the bags weren't covered but said in light of the situation and for good customer support that they would give me $50.00 in compensation. I agreed as it was better than nothing, signed the papers and sent them in. I have yet to receive the cheque and all attempts at contacting them are a waste of time. Once they take your money and destroy your stuff, you are no longer of any use to them. Don't use this company.

Marc from Vancouver
Marc from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Service

They picked up my stuff at 10pm at night to start...I moved my stuff from Ontario to Vancouver. They said 5 to 7 days and a little over three weeks (that's 15 working days) later still don't have my stuff. found out my stuff has been in Vancouver for a few days now (coming from one of the employees from Ontario) and no one bothered calling or contacting anyone, my mother and I have been hounding them over and over and finally (according to the employee in BC) it arrived only yesterday... And to top it they apparently only give you a certain time to get my stuff before they charge you "storage fee" and they choose your dates and really not time to plan... I am working both days and it's going to be very hard to get off, and apparently they don't work after 5pm here... Guess it's only in Ontario they work after 5pm (of course it is to GET your stuff not drop it) ... :S don't bother with this horrible place... they promise you the world and deliver nothing but headaches and BS... Absolutely NOT worth your time or money take my word for it!!!

Parmy  from West Vancouver
Parmy from West Vancouver
1 review West Vancouver, BC

Moving

Picked up my furniture on Sep 25th, advised it would deliver on Oct 2nd, Oct 8th still not delivered!! Will NOT cover any cost for the Saturday delivery Oct 12th.
Would not recommend this to anyone, no customer service at all never returned any calls! They NOT punctual at all!

DO NO USE THIS COMPANY !!

Joseph from Saskatoon
Joseph from Saskatoon
1 review Saskatoon, SK

Moved from Saskatoon to Toronto

I was little concerned about the Royal Van Lines when I was booking their service, since their price was bit lower than other companies, though they handled everything fine. Matthew was responding on time to all our requests. He warned us well in advance somewhat 1-2 days of delays on Pick up or Delivery might happen, since it is a transportation service. Overall service was good, reliable, and hassle free.

Thank you very much for your kind words Joseph! It was pleasure helping you with your move needs!

sea in Toronto
sea in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Moving

I have had nothing but issues with this company from the start. Claims to have no hidden fees yet when it came to my final bill random fees where charged. Nothing was mentioned of any of these fees not even with my estimate. When I called to discuss these fees I was transferred to multiple employees claiming to be the GM but had no idea what they were talking about. They do not care about customer satisfaction at all its shocking. I have never dealt with such incompetence in one company in my life. Also they will not tell you when to expect your shipment and can not track it for you all you are told is that the movers will call you 24 hours before they deliver so you are pretty much waiting around till they call so you can't even plan to take time off work nothing. They claim to be rated "A" in the Better Business Bureau but they are actually an "F" rated company please check BBB and DO NOT use this company! The people at the call centers are very rude, uneducated and unprofessional. Save yourself the money and headache go with another reliable company.

More about Royal Van Lines, Inc.

Royal Van lines is Canadian based moving company. We specialized in a long-distance moves. We started this business more than 12 years ago with one truck, and we are proud to have built it into one of the largest independent moving service providers in Canada.
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Toronto?