Air Quality Dunrite

Reviews for Air Quality Dunrite

carol in Toronto
carol in Toronto

Precision Tune Up

I thought this company had done a good job servicing my furnace until I needed an emergency repair (turns out it was only my battery on my thermostat). However, the company who came said that Air Quality did not complete the CO testing properly (or didn't leave a tag saying it was done - law requires this as well as the technician's number) The furnace was also filthy requiring a new cleaning two months after Air Quality was here. Usually I watch the repair people but in this instance did not. I would not recommend Air Quality. I am just grateful I did not join their membership club

Hi Carol,

If you can please call the office at 416-674-8184 I can review your work order and provide an informed response to your note above. At the end of the day we believe that homeowner's can never lose by doing business with One Hour. As you are unsatisfied with the service you received I will refund your payment.

Regards,

Jeremy Hetherington
General Manager
Air Quality's One Hour

HammerHome
HammerHome

Wall unit air conditioning

At the end of last summer, Air Quality's One Hour installed a wall unit air conditioner in our home. The phone calls were answered promptly. The workers arrived as scheduled. The workers were professional, neat and efficient.

The air conditioner seems to work fine, although, it was installed late summer and so we used it for only a month. This summer, when it will be used constantly, will reveal how reliable the air conditioning unit will be.

Good warranty coverage. The initial price quote was very high and it was only when I suggested I was going to use another company at a lower price did the quote come down to a more reasonable level. My rating for Air Quality's One Hour would have been higher if the initial quote was reasonable right from the outset.

As it stands now however, I will continue to use Air Quality's One Hour for future projects but the prices will be a deciding factor.

Thank you Brian for the review. I would like to let you know the reason for the difference in quoted prices was due to the fact that we had recently switched suppliers for the ductless air conditioners and therefore could offer you a better pricing structure.

We will continue to provide the professional service you have come to expect from One Hour.

Positively,
Trent Steinke

Coline Morrison in Toronto
Coline Morrison in Toronto

Furnace Repair

The furnace had broken down and it was determined on Wednesday that a cricuit panel was needed and would have to be ordered. The part arrived late on Monday and a service call was arranged for Wednesday to suit my schedule. I also made an appointment for a technical consultant to recommend how the furnace could be relocated. The consultant said he would come at the same time as the technician. The appt would be between 10 and 1. Always, Air Quality calls half hour before the technician arrives. At 12:40, I called the scheduling officer who said the technician was on his way. He knocked on the door at 1:30. He was alone.
He fixed the ciruit panel and left without giving me any paperwork. Later, the office called and asked how I would like to pay. I replied: "Always on time, or don't pay a dime!". I was told that was only valid when you call because you don't have heat. "I haven't had heat for a week". Still not valid. I commented that it was only a slogan and didn't mean anything. No response. I paid by Visa. After mulling it over, I realized that although I was not especially concerned about the technician being late, I was feeling very angry that the scheduling officer failed to call, the consultant didn't show up, and the accounts receiveable clerk didn't honour the company guarantee. I called Air Quality on Monday and spoke to the general manager about my discontent and told him that I wanted him to honour "Always on time or don't pay a dime". He said that he would investigate and get back to me. He was true to his word. He said that he could not verify the technicians arrival time but that it was very important to him to rebuild trust and retain me as a customer. He reversed the $600 charge to my Visa account. I have since renewed my service contract.

Irene in Brampton
Irene in Brampton

New Thermostat install, furnace and A/C quote

We have been clients of this company for many years. We had a furnace and air conditioner intalled by a company that they later purchased. The intall was horrible and dangerous (we later found out). When I called later in the year for a repair on the brand new air conditioner, the technician from the new owner company asked me if I had a digital camera to take pictures of this installation. They came back and reintalled the entire thing. I was so pleased that I told everyone I knew about this company and how great they are. We had a contract with them for maintainance for 5 years and were good clients. Then we moved. Since we had a contract for one more Air conditioner service, I asked them to come to the new house. After looking at it, the technician told me that the freon was leaking and it really needed to be replaced. I said okay, let's get a quote on the whole system. In the mean time he installed a new thermostat we had asked for as part of the service call. $350+ for a talking thermostat. Since then we have had no end of trouble with this thermostat and finally asked for it to be replaced or repaired. They came out pretty quickly but it took two service calls and half a Saturday to get it replaced. Hopefully this one works. We did not end up going with One Hour for the Furnace and Air Conditioner although we did sign the contract after a 4 hour (yes that long) quote. We basically signed to get the guy out of our house finally. The quote was for over $10,000 and that was including all the refunds we would get after an energy audit (about $1500). I found another company on Home Stars - highly recommended. He had exactly the same equipment (Amana high efficiency) and his prices are right on his website. When I calculated I could not believe that it was $4000 less. We cancelled the contract and had a new quote that was exactly as per the website pricing and we would still get the energy refunds on top of that. Please, please, please get a few quotes. It may be a hassle but honestly. We have a very large house - 3100 sq feet and a fully finished basement, got the best equipment available and did not pay the kind of money some people who have given this company good reviews have paid. Do your homework and save your money.

k567
k567

Noisy pump

I asked Air Quality to give us an estimate for the replacement of a noisy boiler pump in March 2010. They said because we have their Silver club plan the cost would be $548 + tax. As we just moved in the house we didn't get a chance to replace the pump then and then the boiler was off during summer. This week they are quoting us $780 + tax for the replacement of the same pump. When I asked why the price is higher by 40% they said because of HST, when I indicated in March the price was $548 + tax, they said the price of the pump has gone up since then. They could not explain why it went up by 40% in just a few months.

Kimberly in Leslieville
Kimberly in Leslieville

Air Conditioning Repair

When in a heat wave our air conditioner stopped working, we were frantic! Air Quality personally answered the phone (after reg business hours) they arranged for next day service call. Our tech was slightly delayed due to his truck overheating, however head office called to notify me.
The problem was detected in about 5 minutes, the part was on the truck and my house was starting to cool back down within 30 minutes start to finish.
The technician gave maintenence tips while he was working too!

Thanks so much, great people on the inside of the company and great technicians! We will use you again! (hopefully just for scheduled maintenence)

Kim
-leslieville

Darlene in Etobicoke
Darlene in Etobicoke
1 review ,

Furnace, Air Conditioner, HEPA Filtration and Tankless Water Heater

I have had many companies into my home during renovations and this was the ONLY company that showed up On Time!! They did everything they said they were going to do and more and not only said it they had it in writing! Finally a Company that puts its money where its mouth is.

I was doing a renovation to my home and decided that I wanted to upgrade my heating, air conditioning and hot water tank after having an energy audit done. Air Quality One Hour was the third company I spoke to and what a breathe of fresh air. The phone call was great and answered quickly. The person they sent to my home to go over all the information with me was pleasant and I NEVER once felt pressured to have to buy. In fact this was the first heating and air conditioning person who actually spent the time with me to explain how my system worked and even showed me the money I would save by investing in a new system. I felt by the end I was making a great educated decision to go with One Hour.

Then came the installation team that again showed up on time for me. They took time to lay down carpet from the entrance right to the furnace, they also wore shoe covers the entire time. I could really tell they took extra care in my home. The installation was meticulous and my general contractor even commented this was by far the best installation he had EVER seen. The installers also took time to answer all my questions I had, no matter how silly they may have seemed.

Again I would recommend Air Quality's One Hour to ANYONE looking for a company that does what it says it is going to do and actually puts everything in writing.

Thanks again One Hour and I can't wait to give you more referrals in the future.

Cameron in Toronto
Cameron in Toronto
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Furnace and AC Replacement

Assisted Review

We wanted to thank One Hour and there staff for the exceptional service provided in installing our furnace and air conditioning units. You offered prompt and efficient service and displayed a level of professionalism that is much appreciated these days. In addition, all our questions were answered during the process and we would recommend you to anyone seeking a reliable company to deal with. Again, thanks for a terrific job.

A Homeowner
A Homeowner

Service call

Pros:

They answered the first time I called.
The tech. arrived on time.
He didn't leave much of a mess and wore shoe covers.

Cons:

The receptionist initially said there would be a $99.95 diagnostic fee, but when I explained the furnace was still under warranty she said the diagnostic fee would not be charged. After the tech. arrived he said he had to charge the $99.95 diagnostic fee. We called the office, I spoke with the manager, she went on and on about how I wasn't in their annual maintenance club, how I "didn't even have an account with them other than the initial purchase" (funny how spending thousands of dollars on the initial purchase doesn't warrant any respect), and other illogical, off topic arguments. I eventually accepted their offer of a lower diagnostic fee just to get them out of my house.

As far as the technician's work goes, at one point he decided to call his manager to ask "how do you want me to handle this call." Immediately after the call he proceeded to put on a song and dance about how it would now take up to two hours to replace this one little part and the labour costs were going to be more than what he first quoted me after the initial diagnosis. When I challenged him on this he backed down. In the end it really only took 60 minutes. It could have only taken 30 minutes if he didn't put the wrong part in during his first attempt.

I also wasn't impressed when, before even testing one of the gas couplings to see if it would come off easily or not, the tech. gave three big whacks to my gas pipes with a huge pipe wrench. When he reassembled everything later he didn't do a soap test on any of the joints to ensure there were no leaks.

Throughout it all there was constant pressure to join their maintenance club. I still get marketing calls and letters from them.

More about Air Quality Dunrite

Air Quality Dunrite,is the expert in Toronto for furnace repairs, tune ups and replacement. Get your furnace rejuvenated to factory fresh condition with our furnace tune up maintenance service.

For Furnace replacement- Our friendly, professional technicians will arrive on time, make sure your home is protected, and then will install your new furnace according to factory specifications (this ensures best and longest performance). We’ll even clean up after ourselves before leaving your home.

Thermostats are one of the smallest and most overlooked parts in your heating and cooling system. The right thermostat can make a big difference in the efficiency of your furnace or air conditioner. We have a selection of thermostats to go with any system and to fit any budget.

To start off the season look to Air Quality Dunrite to get your ducts cleaned to remove dust, debris and possibly mould.

We sell both conventional and tankless water heaters and help you decide the most economical path to take.

For expert advise visit our blog at- http://www.airqualitydunrite.com/blog/

Look to Air Quality Dunrite for all your air quality needs including air filters, purification and humidifiers.