Bathroom Renovation

Reviews for Doktor Handyman

CHRIS
CHRIS

Fence replacement

Out with the old and in with the new as our fence had seen better days. Contacted a number of Deck/Fence companies for an estimate. I wanted one more estimate so I contacted Doktor Handyman and very glad I did. KC the owner arrived with a smile and I felt we clicked right off the bat. Very professional and down to earth. Doktor Handyman wasn’t the lowest but wasn’t the highest but at the end of the day it’s all about the *person* and *trust*.
Mother Nature didn’t cooperate but KC knew I wanted the fence done by the May 24 weekend and he didn’t want to disappoint me. He didn’t. KC showed up with his crew who were also very professional and started doing their thing. They ran into some obstacles along the way (me being one) and I didn’t hear them complain once. They also kept me in the loop through the whole process and even doing a few extras that I wasn’t expecting and they did it on their dime. Very Impressive!!
Job was completed to my satisfaction. The fence looked better then I envisioned. My wife loves the fence. The crew made sure all the debris was removed and everything cleaned up.
Our next project will be our deck and I won’t need to worry about contacting any Fence/Deck companies as I already have one in Doktor Handyman and KC. Thanks for Job well done! Looking forward to *our* next project* with KC.

Dee
Dee

Leaky outside tap repair

Ever since I moved into this house 15 years ago, the outside tap has leaked everywhere and I could never get the hose reel to stay attached to the wall. All that frustration is a thing of the past thanks to KC. He agreed to take on this small job and showed up the next day. Plumbing jobs are always unpredictable in old houses and it took a few return visits to get it all fixed. KC did it without complaint and the job was done perfectly. Now my garden hose works perfectly and is no longer a soaking experience! Thanks, KC! I’m glad to know you are only a phone call away :)

Paul from East York
Paul from East York

installation of new bathroom vanity

We were very glad that we had Aly to help us with a small but tricky installation. He really knows what he is doing, and he gave us great advice. The vanity unit that we ordered for our bathroom had missing parts, but Aly went out of his way to help us to solve the problem. Everything was completed on time and the price was very fair. We will definitely use Aly again for future projects in our house.

Thank you Paul for the review,meeting great people like you is what I love about my job,it was absolutely a pleasure to do your small project and like I said,I'm just a email,text or phone call away for all your future renovation/projects.

Irit in Toronto
Irit in Toronto

Cedar deck cleaning and refinishing

KC's team did a great job cleaning and refinishing our deck. They are meticulous and did a very thorough job of spray washing the decking, screens, stairs and columns, including doing minor wood repairs. There were some issues that came up in the refinishing, but it is to KC's credit that he was always available to discuss how to solve problems, and took full responsibility to deliver the job.

Washroom Renovation

KC and his team recently did a refresh of our 3-piece washroom in Toronto. The project included re-tiling of floors/walls, vanity/tub/toilet replacement and fan install.

KC and his team were very respectful of our home and kept a clean job site. They were able to pick-up all the bulky items from the store and were mindful of our budget throughout the renovation.

The job went a bit longer than originally anticipated but that was largely due to the weather. KC was very accommodating when we reviewed final details of the project and he worked very hard to make sure we were satisfied with the final product. We are very happy with the final results and would use Doktor Handyman again in the future.

Thank you guys for taking the time to write and post your wonderful review. As I said to you from the outset, it's not just the client who have to feel comfortable with me, I too have to feel at ease and comfortable as to whose job I will accept due to the vibes I'll feel and get back.
You guys were nothing short of spectacular. So accommodating and appreciative of our work.
It was our pleasure to have been able to gain your trust to carry out your bathroom project job and your continuous showing of your appreciation made our work go much more smoothly.
Coming to work in the morning and leaving in the evening every day and to have smiles on both of our faces could only had one meaning, " job well done on both sides "

naomi in Toronto
naomi in Toronto

Basement ceiling enovation and installing washer dryer

Aly was very polite and professional. He always cleaned up after working and explained everything he was doing and gave me lots of tips about taking care of my house. When I needed something I always felt like I could reach him. He always responded to my emails and texts promptly. I would recommend him. Thanks Aly for doing a great job!

Thank you Naomi for the business as well as taking the time to write this review,it was a pleasure doing your projects.

Sherry Brown from Etobicoke
Sherry Brown from Etobicoke

Various small jobs plus two major bathroom renovations

After checking out reviews of contractors on Homestars. I contacted Doktor Handyman. Aly responded promptly. I discussed the various jobs I needed done. Aly was very helpful and upfront when we discussed the various jobs ( big and small). his work ethics and honesty was refreshing. Two of the large jobs were complete renovations of two bathrooms. I was very impressed with the finished result and always cleaning up the work area every day. I would highly recommend Aly for any type of work required.

Hi Sherry,
Thank you for the review and your business last year,you always made us feel welcomed to your home,it was our great pleasure to do your tasks & most of all great communications we had to know what exactly needs to be done.thank you again.

Jerry from Vaughan
Jerry from Vaughan

Outdoor bathroom

So to be pair I did this job a couple of years ago. I had him frame, drywall paint and do the plumbing for a bathroom in our poolhouse.
KC and his wife were good to deal with and responsive. I think his worker lacked a little experience, but nice enough fellow.

Job took longer than we thought and just this past summer i realized that I have hot water running into my toilet. only noticed becasue the toilet kept running and when i opened the tank to see what wrong water was boiling hot. I would say this was a major thing and the fact that I have had hot water running for 2 years into a toilet cost me a little bit of money.

Hi Jerry,
oh wow, after all this time you just noticed this bud? Didn't you promise long ago that you'll leave a great review because of how happy you were with our work. You did remember though to come back after two years to leave a review, that is good anyways. You did know that you could have picked up the phone at any time during this time and I would have happily come to fix any issues you had!!!! Oh well, I suppose breaking your original promise of leaving a great review is at par with a review score of 5 after 2 years balance one another. Anyways, be well and do know that I'm always always always just a phone call away.

mustafak
mustafak

Ceiling plaster and paint

After having 2 bad experiences with 2 different contractors for the repair of our ceiling in our bungalow, we called Aly from Doktor Handyman.

Aly showed up to look at the job within a couple of hours. He was able to make some changes in his schedule and fit us in a couple of days.

You can tell Aly knows his stuff. Aly and his coworker did a great job and we finally had a finished ceiling.

Very happy with Aly that we will have him back for drywall repair and backsplash installation in our kitchen shortly.

Thanks again Aly.

Thank you Mustafa for the review, it was a great pleasure to meet you as well as doing the work, for all your future project, I am just a phone call away.

Belloftheyukon in North York
Belloftheyukon in North York

Laundry Room Reno & Whole House Painting

We've been wanting to reno our laundry room for years and the house was due for a complete re-painting and was very happy that KC of Doktor Handyman could handle all of it and accommodate our preference for daily start times that were later than the norm and they had no issue with ensuring our elderly cats weren't disturbed any more than necessary. Painting crew were extremely good, in and out in 3 days. Laundry room demo & re-build ran into a couple of hiccups but all resolved quickly. Would certainly contact KC for future work - and yes, we should have replaced the laundry tub with a white one, LOL!

Getting an 8 from you Liz. is like getting 12.
I'm grateful for your kind review and words. On behalf of our crew and myself, thank you so much for your business and we sincerely hope that our number will be the one and only one you'll ever use from now on. Cheers, KC

More about Doktor Handyman

Residential or Commercial Handyman Services

Licensed Contractor with City of Toronto
Division of Avanti Construction Group
Lic# B23003

Do you have jobs around the house/office that need to be completed (on time and on budget),
Big or Small, a professional handyman is always available to complete it for you, with great hourly rates or estimates.

*Plz view sample pictures below.